Scania V8 650S Limited Edition Launches in China
CHINA -- On June 28, 2022, with the theme of “When Emotions Meet Logic", Scania launched the high-profile limited edition V8 tailored for China for the first time via livestream. This launch marks the introduction of Scania’s top-of-the-line model in the Chinese market, as well as many supporting services and upgrades to meet both the emotional and rational demands of customers.
The limited edition V8 tailored for China is equipped with an S-series high-roof cab and 650 hp 16-liter V8 engine. It adopts the red colour preferred by Chinese customers. What further differentiates it from other models is the dragon-shaped sticker specially designed for this V8 limited edition, which is one of a kind.
"With the rapid development of China's logistics industry, premium trucks are no longer an unattainable dream for Chinese customers. They are expected to be powerful, efficient and comfortable, and display their strength," says Gerard van Keulen, Executive President of Scania China Group and Managing Director of Scania Sales (China) Co., Ltd. "Scania V8 has always been at the top of the value proposition for total operating economy with its outstanding performance and uptime.
In addition to its stunning appearance, this limited edition V8 tailored for China meets the highest emission standards – CN6b at this stage. Equipped with the GRSO926R 12-speed gearbox, it can reach max torque of 3300Nm at 950rpm; The engine revs are able to stay at 1090rpm in the 12th gear at vehicle speed 89km/h, With further powertrain optimization of high torque and low revs logic means that the vehicle can still remain powerful when driving at high speed with low engine revs. Upgrades are not just about power output. Thanks to the improvement of materials and technology, this Scania V8 engine is at least 80kg lighter than the previous V8 platform , and its overall fuel consumption has also been further reduced . In addition, the standard Michelin tires with the Three-peak test certification improve vehicle performance on mountain roads and in cold weather.
Mike Janssen, Director of Pre-Sales at Scania Sales (China) Co., Ltd. explained: "In the late 1960s, the 14-liter V8 diesel engine developed by Scania engineers shocked the world when it was launched. Of course, Scania has developed and updated the engine many times over the years. However, the basic concept of eight cylinders arranged in a V-shape and a power output which surpasses that of most competitors has remained unchanged. The durability, fuel economy and strong power of Scania V8 are still the reasons why it is highly sought after by customers. Imagine that we were on a route that intersects flat roads and mountain roads, then Scania V8 would be the most suitable choice, as it can not only ensure timely arrival on flat roads, but also tackle the challenges on mountain roads with confidence."
In parallel with the launch of Scania's V8 650S limited edition in China, a total solution including services and financial services were simultaneously provided to better meet the demands of customers for higher uptime.
With the V8 650S limited edition on sale in China, the owner will enjoy a2-year vehicle warranty, 2-year/600,000-km Periodic Maintenance, 2-year Scania Local FMS, 2 tons of Scania Ad Blue, 2-year Fleet Care + Driver Coach + Driver Training package while purchasing a new vehicle. Moreover, the V8 owner can also benefit from the financial services including 3-year Return To Invoice and 1-year Business Insurance. This total solution can ensure customers operate more efficiently, truly attain "Perfect Condition, Professional Maintenance, and Excellent Product", and ultimately help customers achieve an excellent total operating economy.
Jesper Nystrom, Director of Sales Solutions at Scania Sales (China) Co., Ltd. concluded: "The market demands more efficient and cost-effective trucks to significantly reduce CO2 emissions per-tonne kilometre. From a perspective of sustainability, Scania's launch of the V8 product and its total solution is a response to these demands and trends, and it will also raise the market's perception of the word 'premium' to a higher degree. ”
V8 will provide our customers with better support and broader opportunities than before with its luxurious image, strong power and outstanding fuel economy, so as to drive our customers’ business forward V8.
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021 2022-03-21
- Scania to Start Making Trucks in China After Acquiring Nantong Gaokai 2020-11-25
- Scania’s Production Worldwide Completes Fossil-free Transition 2020-09-01
- Scania to Deliver 75 Battery Electric Trucks to ASKO in Norway 2020-05-27
- FULONGMA, Scania Launch 3rd-generation Compression Garbage Truck in Hong Kong 2020-04-10
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2019 2020-03-25
- Scania Suspends Truck Production in Europe Over COVID-19 2020-03-20
- Scania Dedicated to Help Chinese Users Succeed in a Challenging Market 2020-01-15
- Scania Delivers Its 7000th Trucks in Hongkong 2019-11-22
- Scania Jining Repair Factory Starts Operation 2019-09-12
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Mercedes-Benz Trucks to Unveil the eActros LongHaul Electric Truck at IAA
- FULONGMA Group Makes Its Debut at IFAT, in Munich, Germany
- Empowering Smart Logistics: Transferring Cabs by SHACMAN Autonomous Trucks
- China’s First Hydrogen Internal Combustion Engine Powered Heavy Truck Unveiled
- Geely Teams up with Hainan Government to Build New Energy SPV Plant in Haikou
- Jiefang Successfully Ignites China’s First Direct-Injection Hydrogen Engine
- “Dongfeng Hydrogen Core” Is Mounted on an 8T Hydrogen Fuel Cell Truck
- SANY Releases Its 2021 Annual Report
- Dongfeng Teqi Signs a Deal for Promoting 500 Fuel Cell Vehicles with INNOREAGEN
- Jiefang's Distributed Photovoltaic Power Generation Project Starts Operation
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC MAXUS Sold a Total of 12,557 Vehicles in May
- Sales of New Energy Dumpers Rise by 325.9% in April of 2022
- New Energy Truck Sales Rose by 528% YOY in January to April
- China's Truck Export Rose by 23% YOY to 36272 Units in January to April
- A Total of 52000 SAIC MAXUS Vehicles Were Sold in January-April
- China's Truck Export Rose by 33% to 99547 Units in Q1, 2021
- Top 10 Heavy-duty Dump Truck Sales in March
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February