DHL China Launched a Pilot Project for Hydrogen-fueled Trucks
CHINA(chinatrucks.com): Recently, DHL Express launched a pilot project for hydrogen fuel cell long-haul freight trucks in China. The project aims to verify the performance of hydrogen fuel technology in heavy-duty trucks in actual use, and accumulate practical experience for promoting the application of hydrogen fuel cell heavy-duty trucks in the logistics field.
The trial run will last for four weeks and will be conducted using hydrogen fuel cell powered trucks with an operating range of 350 km. It will travel to and from DHL's North Asia Hub at Pudong Airport and DHL's Shanghai-Jiaxing Service Center on Jingtang Road and be used for long-distance transportation of import and export express shipments, with a daily mileage of more than 140 kilometers.
"The use of sustainable and clean fuels will effectively reduce CO2 emissions in the logistics and transportation industry. As we continue to increase the electrification ratio of our fleet, we are also beginning to explore alternative drive systems for long-haul transportation. Together with our industry partners, we will use the experience gained from this pilot project to work towards decarbonizing the logistics industry." said Wu Mangmang, Senior Vice President of DHL Express China Agency Operations.
In March 2021, DHL Express' parent company Deutsche Post DHL published a new sustainability roadmap, setting clear medium and long-term goals and action plans around ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance). By 2030, the Group aims to reach 60% electrification of its ground operation pick-up and delivery vehicles worldwide. In China, DHL Express is committed to achieving a 30% share of green-fueled long-haul trucks, in addition to completing its overall goal on schedule.
In this regard, DHL Express China Ground Operations Director Xu Debin said." Electric trucks are now widely used for our last-mile pickup and delivery, and the electrification rate of our fleet has exceeded 20%. Due to their significant advantages in high load capacity, long distance and high intensity transportation, hydrogen batteries have great potential for development and wide application prospects. The results of this trial run will be used to assess the potential of hydrogen fuel as an alternative energy source and to offer support for further planning and decision making.”
In November 2021, DHL Express China signed a five-year “Strategic Cooperation Agreement on the Application of Hydrogen Energy Logistics Vehicles with Hyfun and Shanghai Pujiang Special Gas Co., Ltd. With the launch of this pilot project for the hydrogen fueled trucks, DHL will go on the fast track of putting hydrogen powered vehicles into practical use.
- China Exported 63,000 Trucks in May, Up 33% YoY 2023-07-11
- SINOTRUK Participates in the Selection of "National Star of China Trucks" 2023-01-31
- Half of Vietnam Truck Imports Are from China? 2022-10-24
- CATL Announces Its MTB Tech to be Applied to Battery-swapping Heavy Trucks 2022-09-19
- Order Volume for Hydrogen Heavy Trucks in Two Months Surpassed the 10,000 Mark 2022-09-09
- Order Summary: Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trucks Were Delivered Successively in China 2022-08-24
- New Energy Truck Sales Rose by 528% YOY in January to April 2022-06-02
- Qingling Isuzu Delivers First Batch of VC 61 to Mongolia 2022-05-17
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak 2022-02-15
- SHACMAN Heavy-duty Truck Exports Hit Record High in 2021 2022-01-14
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- World’s First All-electric Scania Car Transporter Goes into Service
- China’s First Mining Specialized Remote Sensing Satellite Launched
- SINOTRUK Delivers Full Year 2022 Results, Heavy Truck Sales Down 52.50%
- FOTON and Cummins Team up to Build a New Engine Plant in Thailand
- SANY Awarded as 2022 Forbes China TOP 50 Sustainable DEV Industrial Enterprises
- Daimler Trucks and Buses Signs Deal with XCMG Fire Fighting
- FAW Jiefang Sichuan Branch Was Officially Established
- Bus & Truck Expo Set to be Held in May 2023
- Yutong, SCG Signed MoU for Green Mining in Thailand
- CAT Displays Its First Battery Electric Large Mining Truck
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Half Year Review of Commercial Vehicle Sales
- China Exported 63,000 Trucks in May, Up 33% YoY
- Top 10 Best-selling Battery-swapping Heavy Trucks in China in April
- China Exported 158,000 Trucks in Q1, Up 41% YoY
- China’s Truck Exports Grew by 43.8% YoY to 46600 Units in Feb., 2023
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Rising 29% YOY to 77200 in Feb
- China Exports 567,000 Trucks in 2022, Hitting a New High in a Decade
- China’s Pickup Exports Jumped 65% YOY in 2022
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 42% YOY to 53,000 Units in November
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Fell by 9% YoY to 46000 Units in Nov.