VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
www.chinatrucks.com: Navistar has announced from the North American Commercial Vehicle Show that, together with Volkswagen Truck & Bus, it will introduce a new electric medium-duty truck.
Earlier this year, Navistar and Volkswagen Truck & Bus formed an alliance to jointly develop various vehicle power-trains – including plug-ins. VW now owns 16.6% of Navistar.
The first all-electric project, a medium-duty vehicle, is launching at just about the right time to catch onto the growing interest in electric trucks.
Navistar plans to introduce the truck in late 2019 or early 2020, with the target market for the vehicle to be the U.S. and Canada.
The Class 6 or 7 etruck is aimed city delivery customers and will have a range of just over 110 miles (180 km) with a payload of about 18 tons.
Troy A. Clarke, chairman, president and chief executive officer, Navistar said:
“Our alliance with Volkswagen Truck & Bus is allowing us to move much more quickly into electric propulsion thanks to our ability to leverage their technology investments and components in segments of the market where we’re already a leader. We believe the Class 6/7 vehicle is ideal for electric powertrain solutions in the near term, given its abundance of packaging space, and that these vehicles typically run short distances and can depot to recharge at the end of the day.”
However, we should not attribute too much importance to the announcement of electrification, as Navistar is also developing new conventional products, which are still its main business; it remains to be seen what the outcome (and volume) of this project will ultimately be.
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process 2020-07-30
- VW to Increase Its Stake in JAC Joint Venture from 50% to 75% 2020-07-23
- VW Offers $2.9bn for Control of US Truckmaker Navistar 2020-02-04
- VW and Ford Launch Global Alliance to Build Medium-duty Trucks and Vans 2019-01-24
- JAC and VW's Seat Join Forces to Develop EV Platform in China 2018-11-30
- IAA 2018: VW Unveils Hydrogen-powered Crafter HyMotion Van Concept 2018-09-27
- VW's Traton Announces JV for Electrified Trucks with Hino 2018-09-25
- VW Truck & Bus Enters Cooperation with Hino Motors 2018-04-18
- VW Partners with JAC to Form Light Commercial Vehicles JV 2017-11-30
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses 2017-10-20
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY