VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
www.chinatrucks.com: Navistar has announced from the North American Commercial Vehicle Show that, together with Volkswagen Truck & Bus, it will introduce a new electric medium-duty truck.
Earlier this year, Navistar and Volkswagen Truck & Bus formed an alliance to jointly develop various vehicle power-trains – including plug-ins. VW now owns 16.6% of Navistar.
The first all-electric project, a medium-duty vehicle, is launching at just about the right time to catch onto the growing interest in electric trucks.
Navistar plans to introduce the truck in late 2019 or early 2020, with the target market for the vehicle to be the U.S. and Canada.
The Class 6 or 7 etruck is aimed city delivery customers and will have a range of just over 110 miles (180 km) with a payload of about 18 tons.
Troy A. Clarke, chairman, president and chief executive officer, Navistar said:
“Our alliance with Volkswagen Truck & Bus is allowing us to move much more quickly into electric propulsion thanks to our ability to leverage their technology investments and components in segments of the market where we’re already a leader. We believe the Class 6/7 vehicle is ideal for electric powertrain solutions in the near term, given its abundance of packaging space, and that these vehicles typically run short distances and can depot to recharge at the end of the day.”
However, we should not attribute too much importance to the announcement of electrification, as Navistar is also developing new conventional products, which are still its main business; it remains to be seen what the outcome (and volume) of this project will ultimately be.
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process 2020-07-30
- VW to Increase Its Stake in JAC Joint Venture from 50% to 75% 2020-07-23
- VW Offers $2.9bn for Control of US Truckmaker Navistar 2020-02-04
- VW and Ford Launch Global Alliance to Build Medium-duty Trucks and Vans 2019-01-24
- JAC and VW's Seat Join Forces to Develop EV Platform in China 2018-11-30
- IAA 2018: VW Unveils Hydrogen-powered Crafter HyMotion Van Concept 2018-09-27
- VW's Traton Announces JV for Electrified Trucks with Hino 2018-09-25
- VW Truck & Bus Enters Cooperation with Hino Motors 2018-04-18
- VW Partners with JAC to Form Light Commercial Vehicles JV 2017-11-30
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses 2017-10-20
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021