Great Wall “P” Series Pickup Launched with“Super Five Star” Program
As Chengdu Motor Show 2019 kicked off on September 5, Great Wall “P”series pickup released its "Super Five Star” Program. Based on the user-oriented principle, the program makes efforts from five aspects of super symbol, super factory, super product, super service and super experience, so as to create a full-scenario pickup life and accelerate the globalization process from every aspect. At the Show, the “P” series pickup was officially launched and the mass-produced “P”series commercial pickup was unveiled simultaneously.
The “Super Five Star” Program accelerated globalization process of Great Wall Motor“
The birth of “P”series pickup opens another new chapter of Great Wall Motor’s globalization strategy. As the first global pickup brand from China, “P” series will reshape the global pickup map, aiming at the world’s Top Three. In the future, ”P”series will compete head-on with Toyota, Ford and other international mainstream pickup brands in the global markets, to accelerate the globalization process and achieve the “1-2-3” Strategy, that is, to maintain the absolute 1st place in domestic and export sales; to achieve annual sales of 200,000 units by 2020; and to achieve cumulative global sales of 3 million units by 2025.
At the press conference, Great Wall “P”series upgraded previous plan “One Shot with Three Hits” Program, from previous super product, super service and super experience to the “Super Five Star” Program to create a full-scenario pickup life and accelerate the globalization of Great Wall Motor.
First Star - Super symbol: As a super symbol, the design of the logo “P” is inspired by the power of heaven and earth. It is nebula, and it is backwash...It contains the beauty of natural energy. The super symbol of “P” has three implications, “POWER”, “PEAK” and “PERFECT”, symbolizing the spiritual connotation of “P” and representing the elites who yearn for freedom, dare to challenge, pursue perfection and has distinctive contemporary aspiring life attitudes!
Second Star - Super factory: On August 30th, Great Wall Motor completed Chongqing Smart Factory, the super factory for “P”seires. Great Wall Motors will build Chongqing Factory into a global leading smart factory with the concept of “green, environmental protection, lean and efficient”. Smart factory makes super products. In Yongchuan Factory, advanced technologies are used to produce high-quality products, so as to ensure that every vehicle produced can be delivered to consumers with high quality.
Third Star - Super product: “P”series is more than just a pickup, but also the birth of a new category of multi-purpose vehicle. The “P” series pickup, commercial variant and off-road varient are the three models released in the first phase of the 3-year "5+N" product strategy, embodying the “Five-Centered New Ecology” of car-like, intelligent, connected, customized and clean-fueled, leading the Chinese pickup into the era of 3.0 multi-purpose vehicle.
Fourth Star - Super service: The “P”series relies on more than 2,000 sales and service networks in China, increasing pickup dealer presence worldwide, via the cooperation and sharing space among different industries. With its mobile APP as the platform, it provides users with online and offline integrated exclusive services in synchronization with major online shopping malls and cooperation shopping malls of different industries.
Fifth Star - Super experience: With users as the center, “P”series will create a super experience of full-scenario pickup life, build an open and shared pickup life community – P series Alliance, work with 3rd parties to promote the pickup culture into a new trend, and facilitate pickup to become an attitude and a lifestyle.
The new P71 platform of Great Wall Motors, on which “P”series is built, is safer, more comfortable and lighter. The platform may derive more than one hundred models of different sizes, power and driving forms. The “P” series pickup launched this time may provide three options for interior and six options for body color combination.
In terms of the appearance, the front face of the “P” series pickup adopts trapezoidal air-inlet grille. The three-banner-type chrome-plated decorative strips make the front face more tensile, together with wide and robust front bumper, making the headstock more powerful. The length, width and height of the vehicle are 5410*1934*1886mm and the wheelbase is 3230mm. In particular, the “P” series pickup is equipped with full LED headlights and tail lamps, front and rear fog lights and sequential flowing daytime running lights, with a strong sense of technology.
The container size of “P”series is 1520*1520*538mm. It is equipped with the damping tail gate, hidden pedal and ramp ladder slot. There are options for container covers.
The “P” series pickup is powered by a 2.0T Emission VI gasoline engine, with the maximum power of 140kW/4000-5500rpm and the peak torque of 360Nm /
1800-3600rpm. In terms of the transmission system, it is equipped with a ZF 8AT automatic transmission and has four driving modes: standard, economic, sport and 4L. Together with TOD intelligent four-wheel drive, center differential lock, rear axle electronic differential lock, and the first multi-link rear suspension system for domestic pickup, it brings users an ultimate driving experience.
As a global series pickup, the “P” series pickup has many car-like specification, including RKE + one-button start, multi-function leather steering wheel equipped with shift paddle, 9-inch touch screen, leather seat, heated front seat, automatic air conditioning, air conditioning rear outlet, panoramic sunroof and exclusive in-car fragrance.
In terms of intelligent equipment, the vehicle is equipped with the new generation of intelligent networking system, which has functions such as Carplay, intelligent voice control, remote control and intelligent dynamic information service.
In terms of active and passive safety, “P” series pickup adopts L2 level autonomous driving system. Equipped with configuration such as Bosch Version 9.3 ESP, AEB, ACC, lane keeping, semi-automatic parking, and traffic sign recognition, it realizes aided driving, environment awareness, programmed decision-making and other functions. In addition, it is equipped with safety specs such as 360 View, Rear View Camera, Side Assist, intelligent forward view, 12 radar probes, etc.
At the Show, the mass-produced “P” commercial pickup was also unveiled simultaneously. The “P” commercial pickup will provide users several editions such as gas/diesel engine, 8AT/6MT transmission, long/short container and two-wheel/four-wheel drive. Compared with the international mainstream pickups, the “P” commercial pickup has obvious advantages in terms of power, bearing capacity, safety, quality and driving comfort.
The “P” series pickup, commercial pickup and off-road pickup are the three models released in the first phase of the 3-year "5+N" product strategy. The “P” has comprehensively opened the passenger and globalization era of Chinese pickups, leading the pickup culture with Chinese characteristics. The “Super Five Star” Program will promote the achievement of the “1-2-3” Strategy. Aiming to be one of the world’s top three pickup brand, it will accelerate the globalization process of Great Wall Motors, and bring users a whole-scene pickup life experience.
- Great Wall Acquires Daimler AG’s Plant in Brazil 2021-08-19
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year 2021-08-19
- GWM’s Sales Volume in Australia and New Zealand Ranks Top Ten, Hitting a New H 2021-06-10
- Great Wall Pickups Make Entry into the Egyptian Market 2021-04-15
- Great Wall Set Up Auto Plant in Jingmen, Hubei Province 2020-10-21
- BYD and HINO to Form a JV for Commercial Battery Electric Vehicles Development 2020-10-21
- Great Wall Poer Put Four New Vehicle Models on Display at Auto China 2020 2020-09-30
- Great Wall Motors Sold Over 20 Thousand Pickups in August, Up 80 Percent YOY 2020-09-21
- Great Wall to Start Pickup, SUV Production in Thailand Next year 2020-06-23
- Great Wall Wingle 7EV Makes Its Debut 2019-09-16
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY