FOTON and Piaggio Group’s 10000TH NP6 New Porter Built at Italian Plant
ITALY, March 12(chinatrucks.com)--On March 9, 2022, the 10,000th New Porter NP6 jointly made by FOTON Motor and Piaggio Group officially came off the production line, with each one of them in full compliant with the latest EU regulation developed by European Economic Community under Automotive Law 2022.This success not only left a weighty, significant mark on the European cooperation project between PiaggioGroup and FOTON Motor, but also demonstrated FOTON’s position as a global leader in commercial vehicle R&D and manufacturing.
New Porter NP6, a new four-wheeled light commercial vehicle jointly developed by Piaggio Group and FOTON Motor, was officially launched in early 2021. Its product development technology and KD parts production were provided by FOTON Motor, while assembly and sales were done by Piaggio Group at the Italian plant.
The New Porter NP6, a city truck, is able to provide practical trucking solutions meeting all the needs of short-and-medium haul transportation in Europe. Developed in strict accordance with European standards, the New Porter NP6 is capable of meeting the collision standard of Europe while ensuring maximum loading capacity, and will bring you the ultimate ride experience with safety, reliability and comfort.
The new EU ECE R137 regulation standard is a passive safety regulation formulated for the purpose of improving the vehicle collision safety level, under which vehicles sold as of June 2022 must comply with the latest EU regulation. In order to meet the requirement sset out by the regulation, the R&D team planned and developed technical solutions for reinforcing vehicle body structure and performing a series of upgrades to the seats, seat belts, steering column and electronic control system. Finally, the EU test certificate was obtained after all levels of collision testing was done in both China and Italy. There are reports that around 2,000 light-duty commercial vehicles are to be sent to the European market in the first quarter of 2022.
It is precisely because of FOTON Motor's timely adjustment and positive response that enable the Piaggio project vehicles comply with the requirements set out in the regulation and be produced and sold normally within the given period of time. NP6 collision safety enhancement project proves FOTON's capacity to conduct the lean manufacturing system development and process development in compliance with theEuropean standard. With the new products compliant with European collision safety standard making their first entry into Europe, it will take FOTON one step closer to its European and global strategies.
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice 2022-01-25
- Top Ten Sales in New Energy Light-duty Trucks in October 2021-11-29
- BYD to Send 28 New Energy Vehicles to Laos 2021-07-26
- Papua New Gu Customer to Order More CAMC Trucks with Allison AT 2021-06-25
- Skywell Lay Foundation Stone for Its Intelligent Manufacturing Base in Hohhot 2020-08-05
- Foton Donates 50 Trucks to Assist Kuwait in Its Fight against COVID-19 2020-03-24
- Stick Together Fight Hard, Dongfeng Says 2020-03-23
- Tan Xuguang: Employees around the World Brand to Fight against the Epidemic 2020-03-19
- Foton Distributor in Colombia Sends 1,500 Facemasks to Support China 2020-02-19
- SHACMAN Takes Multiple Measures to Ensure Production Resume 2020-02-18
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021