Conti's Tire Plant Construction in Thai on Schedule
Continental A.G. has laid the ceremonial cornerstone for its $265 million tire plant in Rayong, keeping the project on schedule to complete construction by year-end 2018 and start tire production by 2019.
The plant, Conti's sixth in Asia/Pacific, is projected to produce 4 million passenger and light truck tires per year by 2020. The land spans more than 8 million square feet, allowing for capacity at the site to be expanded up to 25 million tires per year, Conti stated.
According to Conti, the plant will be fitted with "state-of-the-art technology" and will be the company's "most environmentally friendly" plant. Employment for the plant's first phase will be 900.
At a cermony to launch of the project, Cameron Wilson, vice president of marketing and sales, passenger and light truck tires ASEAN, said the plant is in line with Conti's Vision 2025 strategy, which aims to expand and balance manufacturing to "best serve customers worldwide."
"One important pillar of our long-term strategy is to operate with an agile and flexible set-up that enables us to react quickly to the market requirements," Wilson said.
"Consequently, we are continuing to increase our investment in (the Asian) market by expanding not only our sales and marketing operations in Bangkok but also the number of Continental-branded retail shops," he added.
Eicher Motors Introduces New Light And Medium Truck Variants For E-Commerce Industry Needs. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- FAW Jiefang and Continental AG to Jointly Build Internet of Commercial Vehicles 2018-03-09
- SINOTRUK and Continental Automotive Renewed the Contract to Achieve Win-win 2016-11-10
- Continental to Show Dandelion Rubber Bus Tyres 2016-09-30
- Continental Enters Radial Truck Tyre Market in India 2014-04-08
- Continental Previews New Truck Tire 2014-03-13
- Continental ContiTech opens R&D center in China 2013-03-12
- Continental, Michelin retreads verified under EPA's SmartWay program 2012-09-17
- German Continental AG to expand capacity in America 2010-08-26
- Continental AG plans to sell 4 million turbo-chargers 2010-08-04
- Continental AG will increase 30% staff at Indian base 2010-07-06
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November