Conti's Tire Plant Construction in Thai on Schedule
Continental A.G. has laid the ceremonial cornerstone for its $265 million tire plant in Rayong, keeping the project on schedule to complete construction by year-end 2018 and start tire production by 2019.
The plant, Conti's sixth in Asia/Pacific, is projected to produce 4 million passenger and light truck tires per year by 2020. The land spans more than 8 million square feet, allowing for capacity at the site to be expanded up to 25 million tires per year, Conti stated.
According to Conti, the plant will be fitted with "state-of-the-art technology" and will be the company's "most environmentally friendly" plant. Employment for the plant's first phase will be 900.
At a cermony to launch of the project, Cameron Wilson, vice president of marketing and sales, passenger and light truck tires ASEAN, said the plant is in line with Conti's Vision 2025 strategy, which aims to expand and balance manufacturing to "best serve customers worldwide."
"One important pillar of our long-term strategy is to operate with an agile and flexible set-up that enables us to react quickly to the market requirements," Wilson said.
"Consequently, we are continuing to increase our investment in (the Asian) market by expanding not only our sales and marketing operations in Bangkok but also the number of Continental-branded retail shops," he added.
Eicher Motors Introduces New Light And Medium Truck Variants For E-Commerce Industry Needs. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- SINOTRUK and Continental Automotive Renewed the Contract to Achieve Win-win 2016-11-10
- Continental to Show Dandelion Rubber Bus Tyres 2016-09-30
- Continental Enters Radial Truck Tyre Market in India 2014-04-08
- Continental Previews New Truck Tire 2014-03-13
- Continental ContiTech opens R&D center in China 2013-03-12
- Continental, Michelin retreads verified under EPA's SmartWay program 2012-09-17
- German Continental AG to expand capacity in America 2010-08-26
- Continental AG plans to sell 4 million turbo-chargers 2010-08-04
- Continental AG will increase 30% staff at Indian base 2010-07-06
- Eco-tour uses tires & navigation system made by Continental 2009-02-10
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Qingdao Jiefang 500 Horsepower JH6 Attends Jinan Commercial Vehicle Exhibition
- Hino Motors' New Koga Plant in Japan off to a Good Start
- Change or Be Left Behind: XCMG’s Future Plan to Make It to Top 3
- SINOTRUK Service Always Online
- XCMG Delivers 300 HANVAN Heavy-duty Trucks and Receives Another Orders for 600
- JAC Attends 2017 China(Macau) International Automobile Exposition with i5 and i6
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April