Allison Transmission’s FuelSense® 2.0 Software Provides 12% Fuel Savings
Métropole d'Aix-Marseille-Provence carried out an independent test for 18 months, on four refuse vehicles, to assess the performance of Allison Transmission’s FuelSense® 2.0 software. This test demonstrated the performance of the latest version of this software, with fuel savings of up to 12 percent.
FuelSense 2.0 software was installed in four Renault Trucks D 4x2 vehicles, equipped for refuse collection. “Eco” mode was activated in the software instead of the “Performance” mode, enabling the vehicles to travel an average of 1,200 km (745 miles) per month or 21,000 km (13,048 miles) each during the duration of the test. In addition to the significant fuel savings, CO2 emissions were reduced on all four vehicles by almost five tonnes, while maintaining vehicle performance.
“The price of fuel encourages us to study all possible solutions to reduce our consumption. By performing this test, we did not expect such savings: 12 percent is more than significant! And the feedback we have from drivers is very positive—the vehicles have kept their performance,” explained Stanislas Kogut-Kubiak, Maintenance Manager at Métropole d'Aix-Marseille-Provence. Based on this test, the municipality has chosen to install FuelSense 2.0 on 24 other vehicles in its fleet to reduce its fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.
“Our fleet is made up of 160 refuse vehicles. Every one of them is equipped with Allison transmissions. We have chosen Allison transmissions for a long time and the investment is quickly paid back. Allison transmissions are robust and reliable and rarely require downtime, making maintenance easier,” said Kogut-Kubiak.
The results of this test are consistent with an independant 2019 study conducted by the Fife Council in the United Kingdom. A six-month test was carried out on two Mercedes-Benz Econics refuse vehicles. These vehicles worked in two shifts from Monday to Friday, with different types of waste and traveled 21,000 km (13,048 miles). For six months, the fuel savings on these vehicles averaged 9 percent.
Allison Transmission’s FuelSense® 2.0 software features DynActive® Shifting. At the heart of this technology is an intelligent algorithm which continuously assesses driving conditions to best adjust gear changes. This algorithm takes into account different factors, such as vehicle weight, road gradient or the frequency of stops and starts.
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- XCMG Named as One of the World's 500 Most Influential Brands
- FAW Group Be Reportedly in Talks to Buy a Majority Share of IVECO
- Qingling and Germany-based Bosch to Establish a Joint Venture
- Foton Global Business Partners-Suppliers Conference Held in Xi’an
- Diplomatic Envoys from 12 Countries Visit SHACMAN
- XCMG exhibits Oriental Wisdom at Shanghai Bauma China 2020 Show
- More than 2,800 Exhibitors to Participate in Bauma CHINA
- Better World Better Sany - SANY at Bauma CHINA 2020
- Hyundai Reveals World’s First Hydrogen Fuel Cell Heavy-duty Truck at CIIE
- Daimler and Volvo Sign Binding Agreement to Form a Fuel-cell Joint Venture
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China Sold 759,300 Units Tractor Trucks in 2020
- China Sold 109,600 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in December
- Foton Sold 195,704 Units Medium- and Heavy-duty Trucks and 434,734 Light Trucks
- China’s Heavy-duty Trucks Sales Estimated to Reach 1.623 Million Units
- CNHTC Truck Sales Volume in 2020 Exceeds 500,000 Units
- China Sold 136,900 Units NG Engines for Heavy-duty Trucks from Jan. to Nov.
- China Sold 241,000 Units Heavy-duty Self-dumping Trucks from Jan. to Nov.
- Liuzhou Motor Sold 85,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in 2020
- China Sold 472,300 Units Commercial Vehicles in November
- China Sold 135,600 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November