Michelin's sales dropped 14.2% during 1Q
Groupe Michelin posted net sales of 3.5 billion euros for the first quarter of 2009, a 14.2% decline from the same period in 2008.
Michelin's passenger and light truck tire sales totaled 1.94 billion euros in the first quarter of 2009, down 9.8% from the same period during the previous year.
"Except in China, tire markets around the world fell sharply during the first quarter, as carmakers slashed production and drastically drew down inventories over the period," say Michelin officials.
Commenting on replacement consumer tire sales, "the market contraction observed in late 2008 gained momentum in the first quarter, as motorists continued to cut back on miles driven and lower their average speed, retailers continued to focus on reducing inventories, and the economic slowdown gradually spread to emerging markets."
In North America, consumer tire demand "seems to have stabilized, but at very weak levels."
Meanwhile, Michelin's net truck tire sales fell 24.2% to slightly more than one billion euros, as most truck manufacturers "sharply scaled back production to preserve their finances and right-size their inventories," say officials.
Replacement truck tire sales "were adversely affected by the decline in freight tonnage caused by the global economic slowdown and ensuing contraction in international trade. Other negative factors included inventory drawdowns as retailers sought to optimize working capital and a drop in fleet orders as carriers used up their tire stocks or recycled tires from idled trucks."
- Michelin’s New X Multi Truck Tyre Range Debutes at the UK's CV Show 2017-05-02
- Michelin Intensifies Investment in Developing Markets 2013-06-05
- Michelin Opens $1.5b Factory in Shenyang 2013-02-01
- Continental, Michelin retreads verified under EPA's SmartWay program 2012-09-17
- Michelin China Sells Performance, Not Rubber 2012-09-06
- Sales of Michelin in North America grows 2012-07-23
- Michelin North America appoints new president, chairman 2011-10-19
- Michelin introduces two new on/off-road tires 2011-07-29
- Michelin Provides Optimal Transport Solutions for Customers 2011-05-03
- Michelin Group to Invest One Billion Euro to Build New Plant in China in 2012 2011-02-18
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021