Peterbilt's 386 LNG receives SmartWay designation
www.chinatrucks.com: Peterbilt says it is the first manufacturer to have an alternative fuel-powered vehicle verified by the EPA SmartWay program.
The Model 386 liquefied natural gas (LNG)-powered truck is the latest Peterbilt to join SmartWay ranks, which already includes the Models 587, 384 and diesel-powered 386.
"Peterbilt is proud that the Model 386 LNG has been recognized as the industry's first alternative fueled vehicle to obtain SmartWay designation," said Bill Jackson, Peterbilt general manager and Paccar vice-president. "The Model 386 LNG SmartWay-designated vehicle offers optimal fuel and emissions efficiency with horsepower and torque equal to a diesel-fueled engine, making it the ultimate environmentally sound performance solution for customers, and further demonstrates Peterbilt as an industry leader in developing innovative quality products."
The Model 386 LNG is powered by the Westport GX engine, with up to 475 hp and 1,750 lb.-ft. of torque. The 15-litre engine uses high-pressure direct injection (HPDI) technology, specialized cryogenic fuel tanks and the associated electronics to provide optimum performance and reliability, the company claims. LNG is available at a lower cost than diesel and reduces greenhouse gas emissions by about 25% without sacrificing engine torque, power, fuel economy or drivability, Peterbilt says.
- Autonomous Trucks from TuSimple, Peterbilt Attract Public Attention at CES Show 2018-01-12
- Peterbilt’s New Model 567 in Full Production 2013-12-30
- Peterbilt to host Customer Experience in Montreal 2012-07-20
- Peterbilt Model 579 production begins 2012-07-16
- Peterbilt to offer ISX12 G engine 2012-06-27
- Peterbilt to offer ISX12 G 2012-06-25
- Peterbilt intros new features for Model 320 2011-09-20
- Peterbilt dealers encouraging drivers to buckle up 2011-08-16
- Q1 to Q3 LNG/CNG Truck Sales Surpass Whole of Last Year 2020-10-22
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020 2020-08-18
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
- XCMG Makes Global Top Three on KHL’s Yellow Table 2021 for the First Time
- Volvo Trucks and DFDS Cooperate to Run Electric Supply Chain Transports
- Foreign Envoys Come to Shaanqi for a Visit
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Showcase Latest Products And Technologies
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Open Its Doors
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY
- UP!UP!UP!JAC Group’s Export Makes a Sharp Growth of 125% YOY in H1
- China’s Sales Volume of New Energy Heavy-duty Truck Reached 378 Units in May
- SHACMAN Sold 31,400 Units Heavy-duty Self-dumping Trucks in China in May
- Jiefang’s Sales Volume Reached 298,826 Units from January to May
- GWM’s Sales Volume in Australia and New Zealand Ranks Top Ten, Hitting a New H
- China’s Sales Volume of Heavy-duty Trucks Reached 193,000 Units in April