CATL's First Overseas Plant Starts Construction in Germany
Chinese battery manufacturer, Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Ltd (CATL) has broken ground on a new production facility in Germany – its first ever outside of China.
The €1.8 billion battery cell plant will be situated near Erfurt, capital of the central state of Thuringia, with production expected to commence early in 2022.
Initially, the 70-hectare plant will have a capacity of 14 GWh, with a later planned expansion up to 24 GWh.
It is reported that CATL’s choice of location for the facility is due to its proximity to German car manufacturers; the company has partnerships with many of the largest manufacturers in Europe, including Renault, BMW, VW, Daimler and Volvo.
At the ground-breaking ceremony, Thuringia’s economics minister Wolfgang Tiefensee said, “For Thuringia, the establishment of CATL is one of the most important industrial investments of recent decades.”
Matthias Zentgraf, CATL’s co-president for Europe, said, “We believe that the combination of Germany’s industrial tradition and CATL’s tradition of innovative battery technology will greatly accelerate the electrification of the automotive industry in Europe.”
- CATL and BASF Signed Agreement to Accelerate Achieving Global Carbon Neutrality 2021-09-23
- CATL’s New Power Battery Project Starts Construction in Sichuan 2019-12-30
- CATL to Supply Batteries for Daimler Electric Trucks 2019-09-23
- Battery Maker CATL to Ramp up Its Output Capacity in Germany 2019-02-28
- CATL Set to Increase Annual Battery Capacity to 50GWh by 2020 2018-06-27
- CATL Set to Open Battery Plant in Germany 2018-06-21
- CATL & BYD Rise to Enter Top 3 Global Battery Makers 2018-06-08
- Chinese Battery Maker CATL Opens a Sales Office in Japan 2018-05-30
- ZF to Invest €800 Million in Its Saarbruecken, Germany Plant 2018-12-13
- Yuchai and Germany Eberspaecher to Form a Joint Venture 2018-09-11
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY