CATL’s Guiyang Plant Starts Operation
On October 27, the inauguration ceremony of the CATL Guiyang production base was held in Gui’an New Area, Guiyang, capital city of southwestern China’s Guizhou Province. A business matchmaking event for the CATL industry chain also took place during the event.
The first phase of CATL’s Guiyang plant was put into operation
Spanning a total land area of approximately 1,435 mu (about 96 hectares), CATL's Guiyang base will focus on electric vehicle and energy storage battery production with a total annual capacity of 60 GWh. The project is being built in two phases. With an area of about 885 mu (59 hectares) and a total investment of about 7 billion yuan (about 0.96 billion US dollars), the first phase has a designed annual capacity of 30GWh of EV and energy storage batteries.
At present, the first phase of the plant has officially kicked off production. It is designed with high standards of Lighthouse factory and zero carbon factory, which adopts advanced, high-speed, high-automation, and high-flexibility production lines, achieving an automation rate of up to 95%. From material feeding to finished product, it can achieve a noteworthy speed of producing a cell within one second and a pack in 2.5 minutes. After the first phase of the plant reaches mass production, it will gradually foster an industrial ecosystem, contributing to the development of Gui’an New Area as a production hub of electric vehicles, batteries and raw materials.
Dr.Robin Zeng, chairman and general manager of CATL, said that CATL’s investment in production bases in Guizhou is inseparable from Guizhou’s guiding policies and resource advantages. Investing in Guizhou is an important strategic move for CATL. CATL will actively seize the strategic opportunity of carbon peaking and carbon neutrality, integrate new energy business planning with the economic development of Guizhou Province, and strive to make contributions to Guizhou’s green, low-carbon and high-quality development.
Dr.Robin Zeng, chairman and general manager of CATL, was delivering a speech
After the inauguration ceremony, CATL signed a strategic cooperation agreement with Guizhou Expressway Group, Guizhou Changjiang Automobile, and other companies to cooperate in areas such as EV battery technology, heavy-duty truck battery swapping network, and new energy delivery vehicles, aiming to jointly promote the development of the new energy industry and accelerate the electrification of Guizhou.
In the future, CATL will continue to deeply participate in the ecosystem development of Guizhou’s new energy industry with leading technologies and advanced products and solutions, continue to build, supplement, extend and strengthen the new energy industry chain of Guizhou, and support Guizhou to build an electric vehicle and energy storage industry ecosystem with its own characteristics and outstanding advantages.
- CATL's German Plant to Ramp up Its Production 2023-02-06
- CATL Announced Its Plan to Set up a Chassis Plant in Yichun 2023-01-31
- Qilin Battery Was Recognized as One of the Best Inventions of 2022 by TIME 2023-01-04
- CATL Inks 7.5 GWh Battery Supply Deal with Gresham House 2022-12-26
- CATL’s Battery Industrial Base Broke Ground in Shandong 2022-12-26
- CATL's German Plant Starts Serial Production of Lithium-ion Battery Cells 2022-12-22
- CATL, FOTON to Form Joint Venture for Battery Leasing Business 2022-12-09
- CATL Collaborates with VinFast to Promote Global E-mobility 2022-11-01
- CATL Showcases All-scenario Solutions for Commercial Applications at IAA 2022-09-21
- CATL Saw Its Net Profit Increase by 82% in H1, 2022 2022-08-26
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Sale of the New MAN eTruck Starts
- Scania Adds Powertrain Production to Its Production Base in Rugao, China
- FOTON and Piaggio Group Extend Their Partnership to Electric Light CVs
- Notice of Office Closure During National Day Holiday
- SANY Attends Construction Indonesia 2023
- SANY's Vietnam Subsidiary Grandly Opened in Hanoi
- XCMG Leads the Way in Sustainable Manufacturing
- 2023 Global Energy Transition High-level Forum Opened in Beijing
- SINOTRUK Attends Mining Indonesia 2023
- BYD Ranks in Top 10 Kantar BrandZ Most Valuable Global Brands in Auto Category
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China Exported 507,000 Trucks from Jan.-Sept., Up 21% YoY
- China Exported 65,000 Trucks in July, Up 17% YoY
- Half Year Review of Commercial Vehicle Sales
- China Exported 63,000 Trucks in May, Up 33% YoY
- Top 10 Best-selling Battery-swapping Heavy Trucks in China in April
- China Exported 158,000 Trucks in Q1, Up 41% YoY
- China’s Truck Exports Grew by 43.8% YoY to 46600 Units in Feb., 2023
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Rising 29% YOY to 77200 in Feb
- China Exports 567,000 Trucks in 2022, Hitting a New High in a Decade
- China’s Pickup Exports Jumped 65% YOY in 2022