CATL and BASF Signed Agreement to Accelerate Achieving Global Carbon Neutrality
Contemporary Amperex Technology Co., Limited (CATL) and BASF SE (BASE) announced a strategic partnership on battery materials solutions, including cathode active materials (CAM) and battery recycling. The collaboration aims at developing a sustainable battery value chain, in support of CATL’s localization in Europe and contributes to achieving both company’s global carbon neutrality goals.
CATL is global leader in innovative new energy technologies. It is committed to providing premier solutions as well as services for new energy applications worldwide. CATL has launched its project to build up its first European factory in Germany to localize lithium-ion battery production. With this, it is accelerating the development of a local supply chain for European customers and consumers.
As the largest chemical suppliers to the automotive industry, BASF has established a strong position in the CAM market including a global manufacturing and R&D footprint, and a broad portfolio of mid- to high-nickel, manganese-rich, cobalt-free CAM. In Europe, BASF is introducing CAM production with an industry-leading carbon footprint through its advanced process technology, a secured local raw materials supply chain, a favorable energy mix for production, as well as short and effective logistics along the supply chain.
Through the partnership with BASF, CATL targets to improve its European service capability by developing a localized battery, recycling network and a secure raw material supply chain in the region.
The strategic partnership with CATL allows BASF to closely work with a globally leading battery producer on CAM and battery recycling. This cooperation will deepen BASF’s expertise and strengthen its global market position.
“The partnership with BASF is another important step for our localization journey in Europe,” said Zhou Jia, President of CATL. “With CATL’s innovative battery technology and BASF’s deep materials expertise, we will further enhance our capability to support our worldwide customers and accelerate the global drive towards carbon neutrality.”
“The transformation towards electromobility requires strong partnerships along the value chain,” said Dr. Markus Kamieth, Member of BASF’s Board of Executive Directors. “Pairing BASF’s strong position as a leading supplier for cathode active materials with CATL’s expertise in lithium-ion batteries will speed up innovations and the formation of a sustainable battery value chain worldwide.”
- CATL’s New Power Battery Project Starts Construction in Sichuan 2019-12-30
- CATL's First Overseas Plant Starts Construction in Germany 2019-10-23
- CATL to Supply Batteries for Daimler Electric Trucks 2019-09-23
- Battery Maker CATL to Ramp up Its Output Capacity in Germany 2019-02-28
- CATL Set to Increase Annual Battery Capacity to 50GWh by 2020 2018-06-27
- CATL Set to Open Battery Plant in Germany 2018-06-21
- CATL & BYD Rise to Enter Top 3 Global Battery Makers 2018-06-08
- Chinese Battery Maker CATL Opens a Sales Office in Japan 2018-05-30
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY