CATL and BASF Signed Agreement to Accelerate Achieving Global Carbon Neutrality
Contemporary Amperex Technology Co., Limited (CATL) and BASF SE (BASE) announced a strategic partnership on battery materials solutions, including cathode active materials (CAM) and battery recycling. The collaboration aims at developing a sustainable battery value chain, in support of CATL’s localization in Europe and contributes to achieving both company’s global carbon neutrality goals.
CATL is global leader in innovative new energy technologies. It is committed to providing premier solutions as well as services for new energy applications worldwide. CATL has launched its project to build up its first European factory in Germany to localize lithium-ion battery production. With this, it is accelerating the development of a local supply chain for European customers and consumers.
As the largest chemical suppliers to the automotive industry, BASF has established a strong position in the CAM market including a global manufacturing and R&D footprint, and a broad portfolio of mid- to high-nickel, manganese-rich, cobalt-free CAM. In Europe, BASF is introducing CAM production with an industry-leading carbon footprint through its advanced process technology, a secured local raw materials supply chain, a favorable energy mix for production, as well as short and effective logistics along the supply chain.
Through the partnership with BASF, CATL targets to improve its European service capability by developing a localized battery, recycling network and a secure raw material supply chain in the region.
The strategic partnership with CATL allows BASF to closely work with a globally leading battery producer on CAM and battery recycling. This cooperation will deepen BASF’s expertise and strengthen its global market position.
“The partnership with BASF is another important step for our localization journey in Europe,” said Zhou Jia, President of CATL. “With CATL’s innovative battery technology and BASF’s deep materials expertise, we will further enhance our capability to support our worldwide customers and accelerate the global drive towards carbon neutrality.”
“The transformation towards electromobility requires strong partnerships along the value chain,” said Dr. Markus Kamieth, Member of BASF’s Board of Executive Directors. “Pairing BASF’s strong position as a leading supplier for cathode active materials with CATL’s expertise in lithium-ion batteries will speed up innovations and the formation of a sustainable battery value chain worldwide.”
- CATL Partners with Indonesia to Boost E-mobility with $6B in Investment 2022-04-19
- CATL Teams with Sany to Put Battery Swap-enabled Heavy Trucks into Service 2022-03-02
- CATL Announces Strategic EV Battery Partnership with Lightning eMotors 2021-12-15
- CATL-Beiben Agree to Continue Working to Deepen Cooperation 2021-10-28
- CATL’s New Power Battery Project Starts Construction in Sichuan 2019-12-30
- CATL's First Overseas Plant Starts Construction in Germany 2019-10-23
- CATL to Supply Batteries for Daimler Electric Trucks 2019-09-23
- Battery Maker CATL to Ramp up Its Output Capacity in Germany 2019-02-28
- CATL Set to Increase Annual Battery Capacity to 50GWh by 2020 2018-06-27
- CATL Set to Open Battery Plant in Germany 2018-06-21
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021