Madrid Fire Department Selected Allison-Equipped Trucks
Renault Trucks and Allison Transmission are proud to announce that the Madrid Fire Department has selected Allison-equipped Renault Trucks vehicles as part of the renewal process set out in its 2019-2029 Firefighting Fleet Operational Plan. The vehicles supplied include seven light urban fire trucks, two automatic aerial ladder trucks and four heavy-duty wildland fire trucks, all equipped with Allison fully automatic transmissions.
The safety of both the public and the professionals involved is vital in the procurement of firefighting and emergency services. To ensure the best possible working conditions, fire trucks must feature state-of-the-art technology that enables drivers to reach the scene of an emergency safely, even when travelling at top speed.
The Madrid Fire Department recently took delivery of 13 Allison-equipped Renault Trucks vehicles at a ceremony held at the Caja Mágica complex and attended by José Luis Martínez-Almeida, Mayor of Madrid; Inmaculada Sanz, Delegate for Security and Emergencies and municipal spokesperson; Loreto Sordo, Councilor for the Usera District; Javier Hernández, General Coordinator for Security and Emergencies; Enrique López, Director General for Emergencies and Civil Protection; and Rafael Ferrándiz, Chief of the Madrid Fire Department.
These vehicles stand out for excellent firefighting performance.
“The most remarkable feature of these vehicles is the spaciousness of the Renault Trucks cab, equipped with individual Bostrom seats and an internal anti-roll cage. This ensures compliance with current legislation and guidelines for vehicles of this type, in addition to providing greater capacities, dimensions and dynamics than those required of category-2 wildland fire trucks. An example is the 36º angle of approach. Moreover, Allison's continuous torque offers greater acceleration and lower power loss when shifting gears,” said Juan Antonio Sánchez, Key Account Sales Manager at Renault Trucks España.
The seven light urban fire trucks, with Iturri bodywork mounted on the D 2.1 240.12 4x2 FPTL chassis, are fitted with Allison 2000 Series™ transmissions and feature Renault Trucks double cabs in accordance with the EN 1846 standard. These cabs have a 2-3 seat arrangement with Bostrom co-driver seats and three forward-facing rear seats. The wheelbase of just 3150 millimeters provides an unrivalled turning radius and unbeatable maneuverability in urban centers.
The two automatic aerial ladder trucks, with Flomeyca bodywork mounted on the D 2.1 280.16 4x2 chassis, are equipped with Allison 3000 Series™ fully automatic transmissions. This model features a 3,500-millimeter wheelbase, special wide wheels on the rear axle and a maximum cab chassis width of 2,395 millimeters, making it the most compact articulated ladder truck in its class today.
The four heavy-duty wildland fire trucks, with Iturri bodywork mounted on the D 2.1 280.14 4x4 CCR chassis, are equipped with the Allison 3000R transmission with output retarder for enhanced braking and reduced brake wear. These trucks feature Renault Trucks EN 1846-compliant double cabs with a 2-3 seat arrangement, Bostrom co-driver seats and three forward-facing rear seats, in accordance with the NFX61517 standard.
“The Allison 3000 Series with retarder guarantees the performance needed to satisfy the specific requirements of rural firefighting. Above all, I would highlight the contribution of the Allison fully automatic transmission when tackling long descents or steep grades,” said Sánchez.
Allison automatic transmissions are extremely robust and provide greater protection to the drivetrain, thus reducing the risk of breakdowns.
Allison-equipped Renault Trucks are the choice of municipalities throughout Spain including the Guipuzcoa Provincial Council, Infoca, Sepei Cáceres, Granada City Council, the Spanish Emergency Military Unit (UME) and Tragsa (Autonomous Community of Madrid tanker trucks).
“It is a pleasure to work with Renault Trucks in fitting out this type of vehicle and bringing automation to the fire department. Obviously, a contract like this with the Madrid City Council reflects the fact that Allison automatic transmissions are highly valued for their great reliability, increased vehicle acceleration capacity of up to 35%, smoothness, uninterrupted power during gear shifts and total vehicle control, all of which are vital in extreme emergency situations,” said Trond Johansen, Director, European Area Sales at Allison Transmission.
“Renault Trucks and Allison have been working together for decades and are leaders in the industry. With so many drivers assigned to the same truck, Allison fully automatic transmissions ensure maximum vehicle performance in terms of safety, speed and maneuverability,” said Sánchez.
- Qingling Motor Partners with Allison in China's RV Market 2022-11-22
- XCMG Names Allison as Exclusive Provider of Transmission for All-Terrain Crane 2022-10-25
- Allison Delivers First Next-Generation Hydraulic Fracturing Transmissions 2022-05-18
- Allison Invests in Autotech Ventures to Access to Global Mobility Startups 2022-02-22
- Allison Transmission Delivers 2 Millionth 1000/2000 Series Transmission 2022-01-13
- SANY's All-Terrain Crane Featurs Allison Transmission 2021-12-24
- Heishan Fleet Selects Tonly Mining Trucks with Allison 4800 ORS Transmission 2021-11-08
- Allison to Acquire India-Based AVTEC's Transmission & Machining Business 2021-10-08
- JJE and Allison Partner to Develop CV Electrified Powertrain Solutions 2021-09-23
- Papua New Gu Customer to Order More CAMC Trucks with Allison AT 2021-06-25
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- SANY Awarded as 2022 Forbes China TOP 50 Sustainable DEV Industrial Enterprises
- Daimler Trucks and Buses Signs Deal with XCMG Fire Fighting
- FAW Jiefang Sichuan Branch Was Officially Established
- Bus & Truck Expo Set to be Held in May 2023
- Yutong, SCG Signed MoU for Green Mining in Thailand
- CAT Displays Its First Battery Electric Large Mining Truck
- SANY Equipment Assists in Constructing Iraqi Airport
- Over 5000 Swappable Battery Heavy Trucks Were in Operation in Tangshan
- Iveco Group Attends China International Import Expo(CIIE) 2022
- Mercedes-Benz Exhibits Its Latest Products and Solutions at CIIE 2022
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Rising 29% YOY to 77200 in Feb
- China Exports 567,000 Trucks in 2022, Hitting a New High in a Decade
- China’s Pickup Exports Jumped 65% YOY in 2022
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 42% YOY to 53,000 Units in November
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Fell by 9% YoY to 46000 Units in Nov.
- Farizon Continues to Be at the Top of the Industry
- FAW Jiefang Achieved a 25% MoM Increase in Medium and Heavy-duty Trucks in Oct.
- September Pickup Truck Sales Went up 9.4% from August in China
- FARIZON New Energy Light Trucks Took the First Place for 9 Consecutive Months
- Sales of New Energy Heavy-duty Truck Sales On Rise in September