Allison Invests in Autotech Ventures to Access to Global Mobility Startups
INDIANAPOLIS,Feb 22, 2022 (chinatrucks.com)-- Allison Transmission, a leading designer and manufacturer of conventional and electrified vehicle propulsion solutions, is pleased to announce it has committed to a $15 million investment in Autotech Ventures, a venture capital firm that’s helping to pave the way for the next frontier of mobility.
Based in Silicon Valley, Autotech invests in and provides consulting services to early-stage transport technology start-ups focused on connectivity, autonomy, sharing, electrification and digitization in the transport tech space. Autotech is comprised of a team with deep experience in the ground transportation industry, which provides them with a unique ability to engage and support startups that will enhance the future of the mobility sector.
“We are proud to become a limited partner in Autotech Ventures and bolster our corporate development team’s efforts to identify strategic opportunities and invest in innovative companies," said Todd Bradford, Vice President, Strategy, Business and Corporate Development, Allison Transmission. “In a rapidly changing industry, this partnership is further testimony of Allison’s dedication to remaining a leading innovator in propulsion solutions across all the end markets we serve.”
The new partnership with Autotech will provide Allison with direct exposure to relevant startups, venture capital expertise and fully vetted high-tech companies in strategic areas of the transportation industry. The partnership also aligns with Allison’s commitment to advance its propulsion solutions to meet and exceed customer demands in the ever-evolving and uncompromising commercial vehicle industry.
“Allison recognizes that a variety of technology solutions will be required to cover the commercial vehicle landscape, as the industry continues its evolution,” said Mike Foster, Chief Technology Officer, Allison Transmission. “Our collaboration with Autotech and the cutting-edge companies they engage with will allow Allison to continue to diversify our portfolio of next-generation solutions.”
The Allison team will benefit from Autotech’s tech scouting, tech absorption and team development capabilities, which provide leading insight into transport tech market intelligence and facilitate agility in rapidly changing markets, while augmenting Allison’s corporate research and development and business development capabilities. These robust offerings will support the company’s internal team in accelerating the cycles of innovation, empowering Allison to remain agile and strengthening its ability to deliver on its brand promise to provide the most reliable and valued propulsion solutions to help its customers work more efficiently.
- Allison Transmission Delivers 2 Millionth 1000/2000 Series Transmission 2022-01-13
- SANY's All-Terrain Crane Featurs Allison Transmission 2021-12-24
- Heishan Fleet Selects Tonly Mining Trucks with Allison 4800 ORS Transmission 2021-11-08
- Allison to Acquire India-Based AVTEC's Transmission & Machining Business 2021-10-08
- JJE and Allison Partner to Develop CV Electrified Powertrain Solutions 2021-09-23
- Papua New Gu Customer to Order More CAMC Trucks with Allison AT 2021-06-25
- Allison Launches eGen Power™ for Medium and Heavy-Duty Commercial Trucks 2020-12-22
- Allison Brings Vehicle Testing into State-of-the-Art Indianapolis Facility 2020-09-04
- ISUZU's New Gasoline-powered Class 5 Truck Features Allison Transmission 2020-08-03
- 305 Units of JAC SUNRAY Vehicles Depart for Mexico 2022-04-20
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021