Daimler Brings Two New Cabover Tractors to Mexican Market
In response to the Mexican trucking industry’s interest in bringing cabover-engine tractor options to its market, Daimler Trucks North American on Tuesday introduced two new Freightliner cabover models designed specifically for Mexico.
The two new tractors, a Class 8 unit dubbed the 2528 and a Class 6 unit numbered 1217, join Daimler’s Freightliner 360 portfolio for the Mexican market. Daimler says the addition of the two new models steers it towards its goal to “conquer the Mexican market” by targeting the country’s cabover demand. DTNA unveiled the tractors at the 2017 Expo Transporte ANPACT show taking place in Guadalajara, Mexico, this week.
“In response to the characteristics and needs of the Mexican transport industry, it is now possible for us to bring to this market the new generation of 360 trucks that constitutes an innovative family of products to meet the most specific needs of our customers’ business,” says Flavio Rivera, President and CEO of Daimler Trucks Mexico.
Daimler Truck North America cabover
DTNA says it hopes to capture the emerging cabover market in Mexico with its two new tractor offerings.
Both vehicles offer strong maneuverability, a reinforced steel cabin, spacious interiors, high corrosion resistance, a proprietary powertrain, an ergonomic design and a versatile chassis that allows for many different configurations, the company says. The cabovers are also the first Freightliner vehicles with Euro V SCR engines to be brought to market in Mexico — a country where making inroads with vehicles equipped with modern emissions-reduction technology has been a challenge for truck makers.
The Class 8 360 2528 is equipped with a Mercedes-Benz engine with 280 horsepower and a Mercedes-Benz G131 manual transmission. An extended cab is available. The 2528 can haul 17 tons and has rear and frontal stabilization bars, an ergonomic dashboard, an engine and exhaust braking system, optional sleeper cab configuration and a fuel efficiency diagnostic system.
The Class 6 360 1217 comes with a Mitsubishi engine with 170 horsepower and a Mercedes-Benz G85 transmission with 7 gears. It offers eight tons of payload, an adjustable telescopic steering wheel, electric windows and locks, air conditioning, standard fog lamps for better visibility and will be available with three different axle distances.
“We hope to help transform this country’s commercial vehicle industry in the areas of safety, driver-centric design, and reliability,” said Roger Nielsen, President and CEO of Daimler Trucks North America. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Daimler Presents Its Mercedes-Benz Urban eTruck Before Tesla's Truck Event 2017-11-15
- Daimler AG Ready To Bring Electric Trucks In India 2017-09-26
- Daimler Launches eCanter Electric Truck, UPS Among First Customers 2017-09-18
- Mitsubishi Fuso Starts Production of eCanter Electric Truck 2017-08-25
- Daimler Fuso eCanter Electric Truck Enters Production in Europe 2017-08-10
- Daimler Builds Battery Factory in Beijing For EV Production 2017-07-27
- Wabco Extends Global Supply Deal with Daimler Trucks 2017-06-29
- Daimler India Ships the 10,000th Export Truck 2017-06-26
- Daimler to Start Producing Fuso Trucks in Thailand in 2018 2017-06-23
- Daimler's Brand "Bharat Benz" Trucks Crosses 50,000 Sales Mark in India 2017-06-20
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- SINOTRUK Service Always Online
- XCMG Delivers 300 HANVAN Heavy-duty Trucks and Receives Another Orders for 600
- JAC Attends 2017 China(Macau) International Automobile Exposition with i5 and i6
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April