Daimler Brings Two New Cabover Tractors to Mexican Market
In response to the Mexican trucking industry’s interest in bringing cabover-engine tractor options to its market, Daimler Trucks North American on Tuesday introduced two new Freightliner cabover models designed specifically for Mexico.
The two new tractors, a Class 8 unit dubbed the 2528 and a Class 6 unit numbered 1217, join Daimler’s Freightliner 360 portfolio for the Mexican market. Daimler says the addition of the two new models steers it towards its goal to “conquer the Mexican market” by targeting the country’s cabover demand. DTNA unveiled the tractors at the 2017 Expo Transporte ANPACT show taking place in Guadalajara, Mexico, this week.
“In response to the characteristics and needs of the Mexican transport industry, it is now possible for us to bring to this market the new generation of 360 trucks that constitutes an innovative family of products to meet the most specific needs of our customers’ business,” says Flavio Rivera, President and CEO of Daimler Trucks Mexico.
Daimler Truck North America cabover
DTNA says it hopes to capture the emerging cabover market in Mexico with its two new tractor offerings.
Both vehicles offer strong maneuverability, a reinforced steel cabin, spacious interiors, high corrosion resistance, a proprietary powertrain, an ergonomic design and a versatile chassis that allows for many different configurations, the company says. The cabovers are also the first Freightliner vehicles with Euro V SCR engines to be brought to market in Mexico — a country where making inroads with vehicles equipped with modern emissions-reduction technology has been a challenge for truck makers.
The Class 8 360 2528 is equipped with a Mercedes-Benz engine with 280 horsepower and a Mercedes-Benz G131 manual transmission. An extended cab is available. The 2528 can haul 17 tons and has rear and frontal stabilization bars, an ergonomic dashboard, an engine and exhaust braking system, optional sleeper cab configuration and a fuel efficiency diagnostic system.
The Class 6 360 1217 comes with a Mitsubishi engine with 170 horsepower and a Mercedes-Benz G85 transmission with 7 gears. It offers eight tons of payload, an adjustable telescopic steering wheel, electric windows and locks, air conditioning, standard fog lamps for better visibility and will be available with three different axle distances.
“We hope to help transform this country’s commercial vehicle industry in the areas of safety, driver-centric design, and reliability,” said Roger Nielsen, President and CEO of Daimler Trucks North America. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Daimler Unveils Two Heavy-duty Electric Trucks in Race with Tesla 2018-06-08
- Daimler Brings New Garbage Truck to North America Market 2018-04-27
- Daimler Takes the Latest Trucks Actros and Arocs to Middle East and Africa 2018-03-09
- Daimler India Starts Production of Mini Truck for Exports 2018-02-28
- Geely Likely to Purchase a Below 3% Stake in Daimler 2018-02-07
- Daimler India Posted 28% growth in 2017 with 16717 units 2018-02-06
- Daimler to End the Full Year with Unit Sales in the Magnitude of 465,000 Trucks 2018-01-02
- Daimler Adapts as Mexico's Demand for Cabover Engine Truck Growing 2017-12-08
- Daimler Presents Its Mercedes-Benz Urban eTruck Before Tesla's Truck Event 2017-11-15
- Daimler AG Ready To Bring Electric Trucks In India 2017-09-26
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November