Volvo Launches All-Electric Truck Range in Europe
The rapidly expanding world of electric trucks has a new player with an established reputation: Volvo has introduced its first all-electric truck for commercial use in Europe. The new Volvo FL Electric is designed for urban distribution and refuse operations, among other applications.
The first trucks in the Volvo FL Electric range are now entering regular operation with customers in Gothenburg, Sweden, home of Volvo Trucks. Sales and series production of the new model are slated to begin in Europe next year. The first two Volvo FL Electric trucks will be operated by refuse collection and recycling company Renova and haulage firm TGM.
According to Volvo, the FL Electric is a fully electrically-powered truck for distribution, refuse collection and other applications in urban conditions, with a GVW of 16 tons. Additional features include:
A driveline comprised of a 185 kW electric motor: max power/130 kW continuous output, two speed transmission, propeller shaft, rear axle. Max torque electric motor 425 Nm. Max torque rear axle 16 kNm.
Energy storage: 2-6 lithium-ion batteries, totalling 100–300 kWh.
Range: Up to 300 km (186 miles).
Charging: AC charging via the mains grid (22 kW) or DC fast charge via CCS/Combo2 for up to 150 kW.
Recharging time: From empty to fully charged batteries: fast charge 1-2 hours (DC charging), night charge up to 10 hours (AC charging) with maximum battery capacity of 300 kWh.
“We’re immensely proud to present the first in a range of fully electrically-powered Volvo trucks ready for regular traffic,” said Claes Nilsson, president Volvo Trucks. “With this model we are making it possible for cities that aim for sustainable urban development to benefit from the advantages of electrified truck transports,”
“In order to make the transition secure and smooth, we will offer holistic solutions based on each customer’s individual needs regarding driving cycles, load capacity, uptime, range and other parameters,” added Jonas Odermalm, head of product strategy Volvo FL and Volvo FE at Volvo Trucks. “Such a solution may encompass everything from route analysis and battery optimisation to servicing and financing. Volvo Trucks works closely with several suppliers of charging equipment. The aim as always is to offer customers high uptime and productivity,”
Backing the Volvo Trucks offer is the Volvo Group’s accumulated expertise in electrified transport solutions, the company said in a press release, noting that sister company Volvo Buses has sold more than 4000 electrified buses since 2010. Volvo said that the technology used for propulsion and energy storage in the Volvo FL Electric has been thoroughly tried and tested from the outset and is supported by Volvo Trucks’ network for sales, service and parts supply. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market 2018-07-02
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks 2018-06-22
- First Volvo Hydrostatic Road Sweeper with Allison Transmission to Debut at IFAT 2018-05-23
- Volvo Unveils Second Electric Truck 2018-05-10
- Volvo to Share Electric Truck Battery Tech Across Its Brands 2018-04-24
- CEO of Geely-owned Volvo Loses Board Seat after Geely Buys Daimler 9.7% Stake 2018-03-02
- Volvo to Introduce Electric Trucks to Europe Next Year 2018-01-29
- Geely Takes 8.2% Stake in VOLVO Truck Company, Biggest Individual Shareholder 2017-12-28
- Volvo Introduces New VNL, VNR Tractors for Mexican Market 2017-11-22
- Volvo Demonstrates Self-driving-truck in Beijing 2017-11-21
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
- KIA Comes Back to Pakistan with Frontier K2700 Pickup
- Autonomous Trucking Obtains Popularity in China
- Daimler Unveils Two Heavy-duty Electric Trucks in Race with Tesla
- JD.com Launches Solar Delivery Trucks in Green Logistics Push
- JD.com Unveils Self-driving Truck
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sold 84,755 Units in November
- Medium-sized Trucks Sold 21,133 Units in November
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July