BYD Trucks Officially Available to Export to Canada for Sale and Operation
Build Your Dreams (BYD) Canada announced their zero-emission, battery-electric trucks are officially available to import into Canada for sale and operation. The announcement was made upon receiving confirmation of compliance with Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations (CMVSR) and Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (CMVSS), and inclusion on the "Vehicle Manufacturers Registry" with Transport Canada.
As required, BYD must maintain an active and ongoing compliance program, provide current documentation and testing to support their declaration of compliance to applicable CMVSS, as well as have the ability to facilitate product recalls if required.
Transport Canada, the department within the government of Canada which is responsible for developing regulations, policies and services of transportation, first approved the sale and operation of BYD buses back in April 2014. Since that time, BYD buses have proven all-season performance, including use in service on local and commuter routes for agencies such as St. Albert Transit in extreme cold weather. BYD had more electric buses on the Canadian roads than any other firm, with 9 of the 13 buses delivered to date.
The minimum performance levels that vehicles and equipment must meet in order to legally operate on Canadian roads includes several standards beyond the U.S. Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards.
"This is wonderful news and something that our compliance team has been working hard to achieve," said BYD Canada's Vice President, Ted Dowling. "BYD is the world leader in heavy duty electric vehicles and having the ability to bring these to Canada fits perfectly with the Canadian Climate Change policies."
BYD's zero-emission battery-electric trucks deliver a host of environmental benefits as well as a number of advantages to communities such as reduced noise pollution. They can be used to replace fleets of fossil fuel burning trucks that include Municipal Service, Refuse and Recycle Fleets, Courier and Delivery Vehicles to name a few.
In November 2017, Loblaw, the largest Canadian food retailer, trialed the BYD Class 8 Tractor to deliver groceries from their Vancouver Distribution Center to a local store in West End Vancouver.
"Electric vehicles are our future, from the large fleet of trucks taking products from distribution centers to stores to an evolution in how local, home deliveries are done," said Wayne Scott, Senior Director, Loblaw Companies Limited. "Loblaw has a goal to reduce our carbon emissions by 30% by 2030, and we believe zero-emission battery-electric trucks will help us get there, hopefully sooner than planned." (www.chinatrucks.com)
- BYD Qinghai Battery Plant Starts Operation 2018-06-28
- BYD T5 Electric Freight Delivery Truck Set to Make New Splashes 2018-06-14
- CATL & BYD Rise to Enter Top 3 Global Battery Makers 2018-06-08
- BYD Delivers First Battery-electric 8TT Truck to Port of Oakland 2018-05-29
- BYD Lands Deal for 200 Electric Trucks with Corpus in Brasil 2018-05-22
- BYD Delivers World's First 500 Units T10ZT Electric Dumper Trucks in Shenzhen 2018-05-10
- BYD Delivers the First Eleven Delivery Trucks to San Francisco Goodwill 2018-05-04
- BYD Anounces Another Expansion to Its California Factory 2018-04-27
- BYD Announces Plans for Rechargeable Batteries at Battery Japan 2018 2018-03-05
- Warren Buffett Says These 4 CEOs Are Among the Best 2018-02-27
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
- KIA Comes Back to Pakistan with Frontier K2700 Pickup
- Autonomous Trucking Obtains Popularity in China
- Daimler Unveils Two Heavy-duty Electric Trucks in Race with Tesla
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sold 84,755 Units in November
- Medium-sized Trucks Sold 21,133 Units in November
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August