BYD Breaks Ground on New 20 GWh Battery Cell Plant in Chongqing, China
BYD announced that they have broken ground in the city of Chongqing on its new battery cell factory that will be able to produce 20 gigawatt hours (GWh) of battery cells for its electric vehicles.
With an investment of 10 billion yuan (~$1.49 billion USD) in the facility, BYD will inaugurate eight fully automated production line dedicated to the production of everything from the battery cells to the full battery packs.They expect that the first construction stage is to be done and commissioned within a year.
With an annual output capacity of 20 gigawatt hours (GWh), It would make BYD’s new factory one of the largest battery factories in the world. The largest battery factory in the world is now believed to be Tesla’s own Gigafactory 1 in Nevada, which has an annual output ofabout 35 GWh.
This is acturally the second new battery gigafactory 1 BYD built within the last year. Prior to this, the company has set up a battery factory in the western province of Qinghai with an output of over 24 GWh.
- BYD Launches Electric Trucks and Van in Europe 2019-02-19
- Tesla and Frito-Lay to Launch Near Zero Emissions Distribution Facility 2019-01-24
- BYD Suspends Its Plan for Electric Truck Assembly Plant in Canada 2018-11-27
- BYD’s First Energy Storage Project in Poland Begins Operations 2018-10-24
- Yinchuan BYD New Energy Vehicle Production Base Rolls Out Its First Vehicle 2018-09-26
- BYD to Construct 20GWh Battery Factory in Chongqing 2018-08-30
- BYD T5A Electric Light Truck Passes High-temperature Tests 2018-08-13
- BYD to Deliver Electric Refuse Trucks to Seattle 2018-07-20
- BYD Electric Intelligent Dump Trucks Start Large-scalely Operation in Shenzhen 2018-07-16
- BYD To Deliver 200 Electric Trucks To Brazil 2018-07-11
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- XCMG's 2.5 Billion Fire-Fighting Equipment Production Base to Be Completed
- Ford Exits Heavy Truck Business in South America
- China's Heavy Truck Makers Continue to See Strong Sales in January
- In-Driving Tech Puts Two Self-driving Trucks into Operation in Shanghai
- Tesla and Frito-Lay to Launch Near Zero Emissions Distribution Facility
- 2019 Discovery&Trust-Truck Owners Survey & Appraisal Awards Ceremony to Kick Off
- China to Replace 1 Million Outdated Diesel Trucks with Cleaner Ones by 2020
- Tusimple to Bring Autonomous Truck Total to 40 by June 2019
- XCMG Overseas Dealers' Appreciation Banquet Held at Shanghai, China
- XCMG Announces Partnership with Bahrain's Motorcity
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- JAC Light Trucks Sold 24,000 Units in January
- China Sold 34,000 Units Electric Trucks in 2018
- China Sold 3.8856 Million Units Trucks in 2018
- GAC Hino Heavy-duty Truck Sales Grew 140% in 2018
- China Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 80,000 Units in December
- China Sold 399,000 Units Tractors from January to November in 2018
- China Sold 326,300 Units Trucks in November
- Jiefang Sales Volume Reached 24,579 Units in November
- SAIC Hongyan Sales Volume Reached 54,227 Units from January to November
- Top Ten Heavy-duty Truck Makers in November 2018