BYD Breaks Ground on New 20 GWh Battery Cell Plant in Chongqing, China
BYD announced that they have broken ground in the city of Chongqing on its new battery cell factory that will be able to produce 20 gigawatt hours (GWh) of battery cells for its electric vehicles.
With an investment of 10 billion yuan (~$1.49 billion USD) in the facility, BYD will inaugurate eight fully automated production line dedicated to the production of everything from the battery cells to the full battery packs.They expect that the first construction stage is to be done and commissioned within a year.
With an annual output capacity of 20 gigawatt hours (GWh), It would make BYD’s new factory one of the largest battery factories in the world. The largest battery factory in the world is now believed to be Tesla’s own Gigafactory 1 in Nevada, which has an annual output ofabout 35 GWh.
This is acturally the second new battery gigafactory 1 BYD built within the last year. Prior to this, the company has set up a battery factory in the western province of Qinghai with an output of over 24 GWh.
- BYD Opens First Plant in Canada 2019-06-26
- BYD Opens Service Center in Northern California 2019-04-24
- Popular Construction Vehicles Recommended for 2019 2019-03-07
- BYD Launches Electric Trucks and Van in Europe 2019-02-19
- Tesla and Frito-Lay to Launch Near Zero Emissions Distribution Facility 2019-01-24
- BYD Suspends Its Plan for Electric Truck Assembly Plant in Canada 2018-11-27
- BYD’s First Energy Storage Project in Poland Begins Operations 2018-10-24
- Yinchuan BYD New Energy Vehicle Production Base Rolls Out Its First Vehicle 2018-09-26
- BYD to Construct 20GWh Battery Factory in Chongqing 2018-08-30
- BYD T5A Electric Light Truck Passes High-temperature Tests 2018-08-13
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- North Macedonian Parliament Speaker Visits Foton
- The 3,000,000th DFCV Light Trucks Rolls off Assembly Line
- SHACMAN Welcomes Guests from Columbia
- JAC's Operating Revenue Breaks 50.992 Billion Yuan in 2018
- Foton Aumark S Light Truck and Auman EST-M Medium Truck Enter Australia
- China Commercial Vehicles Show (CCVS)
- XCMG Stably Ranks the 6th in 2019 Yellow Table
- Foton Attends Sino-Nigeria Business Conference
- Chairman Wang Min of XCMG visited China Construction Machinery Association
- Great Wall, Ford Get Ready for Surging Demand for Pickup Trucks in China
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- CAMC Enters Top Ten Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturers in China
- JAC Sold 39,000 Units Vehicles in May
- Iveco Hongyan Recorded a Sales Volume of 5,020 Units in May
- Dongfeng Sold 12,200 Units Commercial Vehicles in May
- China's Trucks Sales Reach 369,300 Units in April
- CNHTC Sold 117,600 Units Vehicles from Jan. to Apr.
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 6,150 Units Heavy-duty Trucks Between Jan. to Apr.
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 12,480 Units Self-dumping Trucks in Q1
- China Produced 428,100 Units Trucks and Sold 457,700 Units in March
- Heav-duty Trucks Set a New March Sales Record