BYD and Hino Sign a Deal with a Focus on Commercial Battery Electric Vehicle
BYD Company Ltd. (BYD) and Hino Motors, Ltd. (Hino) signed a strategic business alliance agreement today with a focus on collaborating in commercial battery electric vehicles (BEVs) development.
The two companies will accelerate the development of commercial BEVs to provide the best-fit product for customers in a timely manner. To begin with, the two companies will collaborate on a development of BEV products. Also, by utilizing both of their knowledge and experience, the two companies will cooperate in retail and other related business that will promote the adoption of BEV.
With this partnership agreement, Wang Jie, BYD vice president and CEO of commercial vehicle division, stated that "BYD Commercial Vehicle and Hino Motors has been committed to technology innovation and global promotion of commercial vehicle electrification. The cooperation between the Chinese and Japanese companies will benefit the development of commercial vehicle electrification by introducing leading technology and rich experience, which will accelerate the global adoption of pure electric commercial vehicles."
Hino's director and senior managing officer Taketo Nakane said, "We are pleased with this collaboration aiming to realize commercial BEVs that are truly beneficial to customers both practically and economically. By bringing together BYD's achievement in BEV development and Hino's electrification technology and reliability built over years of experience in developing hybrid vehicles, we will develop the best-fit commercial BEV products for consumer in working towards swift market introduction".
BYD started in 1995 as a battery R&D and manufacturing company. It masters core EV technologies including battery, IGBT, electric motor and electronic controls, and has become a company that provides comprehensive new energy solutions such as new energy passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, forklifts, and power battery products.
BYD Commercial Vehicle is a world-leading brand with an extensive product lineup ranging from pure electric coach and bus to pure electric truck. Since the first commercial operation of the BYD K9 pure electric bus in Shenzhen in 2011, BYD's footprint can be found in more than 300 cities across over 50 countries and regions around the world. BYD has sold over 50,000 units of pure electric bus and coach, ranking first on the global pure electric bus and coach* sales.
*10 meters above
Hino was founded in 1942 and has since grown alongside customers and societal development through its business of providing trucks and buses. In 1991, Hino released the world's first commercially available hybrid vehicle as a heavy-duty urban transit bus. For nearly thirty years since, it has constantly strived to innovate electrified vehicle technology, putting light-duty electric vehicle buses and medium-duty plug-in hybrid buses in operation. Hino's heavy-duty truck with the newest 6th Generation Hybrid system offers the convenience of a diesel truck while improving fuel efficiency by about 15%.** Hino contributes to customer businesses with products that balance environmental friendliness and practicality at a superior level.
**Compared to diesel truck, Hino internal research
BYD and Hino will work together to develop and spread the best-fit commercial BEVs for customers to achieve low-carbon societies.
- BYD, Toyota Launch BYD TOYOTA EV TECHNOLOGY Joint Venture 2020-04-03
- Top 10 Best-selling Electric Heavy-duty Dumper Brands in 2019 2020-04-01
- BYD to Deliver First 20 Electric Trucks to Ecuador 2020-03-10
- Auto Giants in Guangdong to Ramp up Mask Production 2020-02-10
- SHACMAN Dealer in Mauritius Plans to Develop Electric Trucks 2020-02-01
- BYD Delivers 100th Battery-Electric Truck in the United States 2020-01-15
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha 2020-01-06
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery 2019-12-13
- BYD Delivers 9 Electric Waste Trucks to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 2019-10-09
- BYD Opens First Plant in Canada 2019-06-26
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Volvo, Daimler to Form a Joint Venture for Large-scale Production of Fuel Cells
- BYD and Hino Sign a Deal with a Focus on Commercial Battery Electric Vehicle
- "Safe" Becomes the Quality DNA Element of JAC from Safe+ to J-Health
- XCMG Purchased 4M Masks and 700,000 Sets of Surgical Gowns for Vale of Brazil
- Groupe Renault Sets Its New Strategy for China
- ZOOMLION Goes Through the Hard Time Hands in Hands with Overseas Partners
- BYD, Toyota Launch BYD TOYOTA EV TECHNOLOGY Joint Venture
- Mitsubishi Fuso to Begin Series Production of Fuel-cell Trucks by Late 2020s
- Hino and Toyota to Jointly Develop Heavy-Duty Fuel Cell Truck
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2019
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Dongfeng Sold 32,544 Units Trucks in Q1
- Foton Tops the List of Light Truck Sales in March
- Top Ten Sales Ranking for Tractors in March
- Foton Released March Numbers: 12,000 Heavy Trucks and 43,000 Light Trucks Sold
- 113,000 Heavy-duty Trucks Were Sold in March
- Top 10 Best-selling Electric Heavy-duty Dumper Brands in 2019
- Less Than 30000 Light Trucks were Sold in February
- JAC Heavy-duty Trucks Sales in February Totaled 1415 Units
- Dongfeng Sold 1347 Light Trucks in February
- CAMC Sold 1216 Units of Heavy-and-Medium Trucks in First Two Months of 2020