SAIC EV80 Autonomous Light Truck Eyed by JD for Driverless Deliveries
Chinese ecommerce giant JD unveiled its latest invention last week: an autonomous delivery truck able to identify traffic signals and sense obstacles from over 100 metres away.
The US-listed firm -- which has strived to utilize unmanned vehicles to beef up delivery efficiency -- said the EV80 autonomous light truck jointly developed with SAIC Maxus is equipped with radars, sensors, high-precision mapping, and a positioning system that can detect obstacles from 150 meters away and rearrange the route, according to a Sina news report.
The front camera installed on the truck can analyse road conditions and identify traffic lights, which helps the truck realise a number of other autonomous features such as lane shift, parking-lot identification, and automatic parking.
It is the first autonomous vehicle launched for delivery purposes and JD has started trial tests of the new unmanned truck at areas designated by the traffic police, said the report, adding that a human driver is nevertheless sitting inside the vehicle to ensure safety during the trial.
JD has said it also teamed up with Dongfeng Motor to research and develop an unmanned light delivery van, without disclosing details.
The driverless truck is a new addition to JD's unmanned delivery vehicles, as the Chinese ecommerce giant has already utilized drones to deliver goods at certain areas in China that allow drone operation.
The drone developed by JD is able to carry packages weighing 1 ton or more and could realise long-distance deliveries, the company said earlier.
JD is the second-largest ecommerce platform in China after Alibaba, which reportedly owns over 2 million regular customers on its JD platform.
- SAIC Hongyan to Build World's First Production Base for Hydrogen-powered Trucks 2021-07-22
- MAXUS and Harris Group Supply DPD UK with 750 Electric Vans 2021-06-24
- SAIC Maxus Export Volume Jumped by 16.92% in 2020 2021-01-06
- SAIC Maxus Launches Its T70 Pickup with Four Editions Available 2020-12-17
- 50 Units SAIC Light Trucks Exported to Chile for Operation 2020-09-16
- 400 Units SAIC Maxus T60 Pickups Shipped to Qatar for Rental Services 2020-09-02
- First 328 Units SAIC Maxus E-Deliver Vehicles Set Sail to Norway 2020-06-08
- Maxus T60 Pickup Enters Philippines 2020-03-10
- SAIC Hongyan Genpaw 4X2 Cargo Truck Targets Inter-city Logistic Market 2020-02-17
- SAIC Hongyan Puts 10 Vehicles On Display at Its Annual Business Conference 2020-01-08
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY