Daimler 2018 Truck Sales Was Up
Daimler Group has registered the highest ever sales in 2018 at half a million trucks. The figure marks the peak for the past decade in the company's history and is mainly helped by the sales up in America and Asia, particularly in North America and Asia, where a significantly high growth rate of double-digit was achieved. The growth rate in the Germany and Europe markets was also up, making up four percent of the total global sales.
By contrast, Daimler saw a decline in China, the largest market for commercial vehicles. Truck divison head Martin Daum announced an estimate based on preliminary figures and reported an 11 percent increase in sales for the period ending November 2018 compared to last year.
In the January-November period, sales of Daimler's truck unit rose 11% on year, to 466,900 units, compared with 422,500 in the same period a year earlier. Daimler said sales in the Nafta region increased by 15% to 172,700 vehicles in the first eleven months of 2018, while in Asia they rose 12% to 147,900. Daimler produces trucks there under the Foton Auman brand in a joint venture with Foton Motor. In 2017 an initiative by the Chinese government which has renewed its vehicle fleet, resulted in extraordinarily high sales of 112,000 units.
Daimler produces trucks in China under the Foton Auman brand in a joint venture with Foton Motor. In 2017 an initiative by the Chinese government which has renewed its vehicle fleet, resulted in extraordinarily high sales of 112,000 units. The Beijing Foton Daimler Automotive (BFDA) produces Mercedes-Benz engines under license for the local assembly of Auman trucks, the company is known for advanced technology in the commercial vehicle sector. Thus, the straight-six engine meets the emission standards Euro 4 and 5 and in 2016 the Auman EST was presented as a premium product with standard equipped air suspension, telematics and ASR.
- Daimler Truck AG and Cummins Inc.Announce Global Plan for Medium-duty CV Engines 2021-02-24
- Daimler Plans Separation into Two Pure-play Companies 2021-02-04
- Daimler to Revamp China Plant to Make Mercedes-Benz-branded Actros Truck 2020-11-18
- Daimler and Volvo Sign Binding Agreement to Form a Fuel-cell Joint Venture 2020-11-03
- Mercedes-Benz Access to New Target markets with Actros F and Edition 2 2020-09-29
- Daimler Unveils GenH2 Hydrogen Fuel-cell Concept Truck 2020-09-23
- Daimler Presents ‘GenH2' Mercedes-Benz Fuel-Cell Concept Truck 2020-09-18
- Volvo, Daimler to Form a Joint Venture for Large-scale Production of Fuel Cells 2020-04-24
- Daimler Trucks' Next EV will be a Garbage Truck 2020-02-04
- Daimler Brings its Latest Products on Display at CIIE 2019-11-08
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
- XCMG Makes Global Top Three on KHL’s Yellow Table 2021 for the First Time
- Volvo Trucks and DFDS Cooperate to Run Electric Supply Chain Transports
- Foreign Envoys Come to Shaanqi for a Visit
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Showcase Latest Products And Technologies
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Open Its Doors
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY
- UP!UP!UP!JAC Group’s Export Makes a Sharp Growth of 125% YOY in H1
- China’s Sales Volume of New Energy Heavy-duty Truck Reached 378 Units in May
- SHACMAN Sold 31,400 Units Heavy-duty Self-dumping Trucks in China in May
- Jiefang’s Sales Volume Reached 298,826 Units from January to May
- GWM’s Sales Volume in Australia and New Zealand Ranks Top Ten, Hitting a New H
- China’s Sales Volume of Heavy-duty Trucks Reached 193,000 Units in April
- China Sold 233,000 Units Light Trucks in April