Allison Transmission Announces Launch of 9-speed Transmission at Auto Shanghai
SHANGHAI – Apr.16, 2019 Allison Transmission today announced the launch of its medium-duty, fully automatic 9-speed transmission as well as its electric hybrid system with purely electric extended range in China. The news was revealed at Auto Shanghai 2019.
“Right now is an exciting time to be part of Allison and our industry as a whole,” said John Coll, Global MSS Senior Vice President of Allison Transmission. “There is more rapid change in our industry and more Allison initiatives underway today than at any point during the last decade.”
In line with the theme “Creating better life” of Auto Shanghai 2019, with this new transmission, Allison continues to demonstrate its commitment to delivering on customer needs regarding fuel efficiency and vehicle emissions.
Built on the proven reliability and durability of our 2000 Series™ 6-speed transmission, which has accumulated more than 100 billion miles in commercial operation, this new product delivers significant fuel savings without compromising the productivity advantages of Allison automatic transmission technology. The product is designed to address the needs of a variety of applications including distribution, rental/lease, construction, and shuttle or school buses.
In addition to the 9-speed transmission, Allison also announced the expansion of its electrification portfolio that includes an electric hybrid system with a purely electric extended range—up to 15 kilometers. Ideal for transit bus and motor coach applications, the system features zero-emissions with engine off, including when approaching, during and leaving passenger stops for a quieter and healthier environment.
“There is one attribute that separates our fully automatic transmissions from all other transmissions in the China commercial vehicle market…RELIABILITY,” Coll continued. “We continually identify the China market trends and listen to the voice of our customers; both vehicle manufacturers and end user fleets.”
That is why in over 40 years of presence in China Allison remains the top supplier of fully automatic transmissions in China. “With the unprecedented change in the Chinese commercial vehicle market, Allison is committed to accelerate the adoption of fully automatic transmissions in a wide range of vocational truck initiatives than at any other time in our China business,” said Ashwin Gopalaswamy, Executive Director, Asia Pacific Sales with Allison Transmission.
Allison competes in a complex and fragmented space, requiring a range of propulsion solutions. “From a conventional internal combustion drivetrain to alternative fuels and electric hybrid systems, the combination of our experience and expertise, application knowledge and product planning discipline, have attributed the confidence our customers have in Allison to remain a leader in our industry. This is very much like the confidence an Allison Transmissions offers our end-users, especially in extreme conditions,” emphasized Heidi Schutte, Allison’s Global Sales Vice President.
- JJE and Allison Partner to Develop CV Electrified Powertrain Solutions 2021-09-23
- Papua New Gu Customer to Order More CAMC Trucks with Allison AT 2021-06-25
- Allison Transmission Introduces xFE Transmissions for Medium-Duty Trucks 2021-06-04
- Allison and Emergency One Formalize Collaboration on Electric Axle Integration 2021-05-08
- São Paulo Fire Corps Renews Fleet with Allison Fully Automatic Transmissions 2021-03-15
- Refuse trucks with Allison automatic transmissions debut in Bauru 2021-03-03
- Allison Launches eGen Power™ for Medium and Heavy-Duty Commercial Trucks 2020-12-22
- Shandong Pengxiang Wide Body Mining Dumper Equipped with Allison Transmission 2020-11-20
- Allison to Display Off-Highway Series™ Transmission at Bauma CHINA 2020 2020-11-18
- Allison 8610 is the Choice of North Hauler’s Autonomous Rigid Dump Truck 2020-11-18
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY