Allison Transmission Announces Launch of 9-speed Transmission at Auto Shanghai
SHANGHAI – Apr.16, 2019 Allison Transmission today announced the launch of its medium-duty, fully automatic 9-speed transmission as well as its electric hybrid system with purely electric extended range in China. The news was revealed at Auto Shanghai 2019.
“Right now is an exciting time to be part of Allison and our industry as a whole,” said John Coll, Global MSS Senior Vice President of Allison Transmission. “There is more rapid change in our industry and more Allison initiatives underway today than at any point during the last decade.”
In line with the theme “Creating better life” of Auto Shanghai 2019, with this new transmission, Allison continues to demonstrate its commitment to delivering on customer needs regarding fuel efficiency and vehicle emissions.
Built on the proven reliability and durability of our 2000 Series™ 6-speed transmission, which has accumulated more than 100 billion miles in commercial operation, this new product delivers significant fuel savings without compromising the productivity advantages of Allison automatic transmission technology. The product is designed to address the needs of a variety of applications including distribution, rental/lease, construction, and shuttle or school buses.
In addition to the 9-speed transmission, Allison also announced the expansion of its electrification portfolio that includes an electric hybrid system with a purely electric extended range—up to 15 kilometers. Ideal for transit bus and motor coach applications, the system features zero-emissions with engine off, including when approaching, during and leaving passenger stops for a quieter and healthier environment.
“There is one attribute that separates our fully automatic transmissions from all other transmissions in the China commercial vehicle market…RELIABILITY,” Coll continued. “We continually identify the China market trends and listen to the voice of our customers; both vehicle manufacturers and end user fleets.”
That is why in over 40 years of presence in China Allison remains the top supplier of fully automatic transmissions in China. “With the unprecedented change in the Chinese commercial vehicle market, Allison is committed to accelerate the adoption of fully automatic transmissions in a wide range of vocational truck initiatives than at any other time in our China business,” said Ashwin Gopalaswamy, Executive Director, Asia Pacific Sales with Allison Transmission.
Allison competes in a complex and fragmented space, requiring a range of propulsion solutions. “From a conventional internal combustion drivetrain to alternative fuels and electric hybrid systems, the combination of our experience and expertise, application knowledge and product planning discipline, have attributed the confidence our customers have in Allison to remain a leader in our industry. This is very much like the confidence an Allison Transmissions offers our end-users, especially in extreme conditions,” emphasized Heidi Schutte, Allison’s Global Sales Vice President.
- SANY Wide Body Mining Dump Trucks to be Equipped With Allison Transmissions 2023-04-19
- Madrid Fire Department Selected Allison-Equipped Trucks 2023-03-10
- Qingling Motor Partners with Allison in China's RV Market 2022-11-22
- XCMG Names Allison as Exclusive Provider of Transmission for All-Terrain Crane 2022-10-25
- Allison Delivers First Next-Generation Hydraulic Fracturing Transmissions 2022-05-18
- Allison Invests in Autotech Ventures to Access to Global Mobility Startups 2022-02-22
- Allison Transmission Delivers 2 Millionth 1000/2000 Series Transmission 2022-01-13
- SANY's All-Terrain Crane Featurs Allison Transmission 2021-12-24
- Allison Completes Installation of eGen Power™ E-Axle Production Assembly Line 2021-12-03
- Heishan Fleet Selects Tonly Mining Trucks with Allison 4800 ORS Transmission 2021-11-08
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- World’s First All-electric Scania Car Transporter Goes into Service
- China’s First Mining Specialized Remote Sensing Satellite Launched
- SINOTRUK Delivers Full Year 2022 Results, Heavy Truck Sales Down 52.50%
- FOTON and Cummins Team up to Build a New Engine Plant in Thailand
- SANY Awarded as 2022 Forbes China TOP 50 Sustainable DEV Industrial Enterprises
- Daimler Trucks and Buses Signs Deal with XCMG Fire Fighting
- FAW Jiefang Sichuan Branch Was Officially Established
- Bus & Truck Expo Set to be Held in May 2023
- Yutong, SCG Signed MoU for Green Mining in Thailand
- CAT Displays Its First Battery Electric Large Mining Truck
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Half Year Review of Commercial Vehicle Sales
- China Exported 63,000 Trucks in May, Up 33% YoY
- Top 10 Best-selling Battery-swapping Heavy Trucks in China in April
- China Exported 158,000 Trucks in Q1, Up 41% YoY
- China’s Truck Exports Grew by 43.8% YoY to 46600 Units in Feb., 2023
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Rising 29% YOY to 77200 in Feb
- China Exports 567,000 Trucks in 2022, Hitting a New High in a Decade
- China’s Pickup Exports Jumped 65% YOY in 2022
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 42% YOY to 53,000 Units in November
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Fell by 9% YoY to 46000 Units in Nov.