SANY Wide Body Mining Dump Trucks to be Equipped With Allison Transmissions
SHANGHAI, April 12, 2023 - Allison Transmission, a leading designer and manufacturer of conventional and electrified vehicle propulsion solutions and the largest global manufacturer of medium- and heavy-duty fully automatic transmissions for commercial and defense vehicles, announced that a total of 120 SKT115S wide body mining dump (WBMD) trucks from SANY, serving the Dananhu No. 2 mine in Xinjiang, will be equipped with Allison Wide Body Dump Series™ transmissions in 2023. 50 of the trucks were delivered in January.
Located in the southwest of Xinjiang Hami City, the Dananhu No.2 open-pit coal mine is one of the planned mines in the western part of the Xinjiang Dananhu mining area, which is also a supporting coal mine for the ultra-high voltage transmission project to Zhengzhou City, China. SANY trucks have been equipped with the Allison Wide Body Dump Series transmission since 2021, and now the SKT115S WBMD truck is serving this key coal mine, which puts higher requirements on the performance, durability and stability of the vehicle, especially the transmission.
The Allison Wide Body Dump Series transmission avoids the problem of the previous transmission, which needed to lock gears in advance of a slope to prevent skidding. This improvement reduces the burden of the driver and lowers the possibility of accidents thanks to superior control and maneuverability. The transmission also manages downshifting to provide the hydraulic retarder with the capacity to maintain downhill speed while reducing service brake usage.
“Allison and SANY have a long history of cooperation, and this Wide Body Dump Series™ delivery is a testament to SANY’s continued trust in Allison’s products and ongoing commitment to customer-focused innovation,” said David Wu, Managing Director, China Sales at Allison Transmission. “We look forward to continuing to work with SANY to develop high performance and high productivity solutions for major infrastructure projects in Xinjiang and around the world.”
The SANY SKT115S WBMD truck is equipped with the WP13G530 engine with rated power of 390 kilowatts and maximum torque of 2300 newton-meters. The Allison transmission’s heavy-duty torque converter allows extremely high torque to be transmitted gradually to the drivetrain, enabling superior startability on hills. In addition, this series can also shift gears automatically to adapt with road and slope conditions, which improves the vehicle’s engine power. This truck can realise a maximum load weight of 88 tons with the maximum speed of 39 km/h. The normal driving mode (or gear) of SANY SKT115S WBD truck can achieve a maximum 27° climb, with 72° for a lower ratio and more torque mode.
“The working conditions of Dananhu are relatively challenging, but after installing Allison transmissions, our vehicles have stronger and more stable power. Also, the transmission has no mechanical clutches which means less wear and tear on the drivetrain and saves vehicle maintenance time and cost. This further increases our profitability,” said Jing Xingning, Project Manager of Xinjiang Jiuding Guangsha Construction Engineering Co. “I’m looking forward to the moment when all our WBMD trucks are equipped with Allison transmissions in 2023.”
Currently, more than 1,000 mining trucks are equipped with Allison Wide Body Dump Series transmissions in Xinjiang. Other Allison transmissions are working around the clock to serve Inner Mongolia, Tibet, Yunnan and Liaoning provinces. In line with its brand promise, Allison will continue to provide reliable, high-value drive solutions that deliver industry-leading productivity and reduce total cost of ownership.
- SANY Attends Construction Indonesia 2023 2023-09-27
- SANY's Vietnam Subsidiary Grandly Opened in Hanoi 2023-09-26
- Top 10 Best-selling Battery-swapping Heavy Trucks in China in April 2023-06-13
- SANY Awarded as 2022 Forbes China TOP 50 Sustainable DEV Industrial Enterprises 2023-03-23
- SANY Provides Training Support for Its Mining Customer in Colombia 2023-03-06
- SANY’s 150-ton Large Mining Truck Was Delivered to Uzbekistan 2022-12-12
- SANY Equipment Assists in Constructing Iraqi Airport 2022-11-23
- 120 SANY Tractor Heads Were Exported to Middle East 2022-11-23
- SANY Forms Strategic Alliance with Pony.ai, Sinotrans to Offer Smart Logistics 2022-11-02
- SANY Got Its Second Lighthouse Factory Approved by WEF 2022-10-13
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Sale of the New MAN eTruck Starts
- Scania Adds Powertrain Production to Its Production Base in Rugao, China
- FOTON and Piaggio Group Extend Their Partnership to Electric Light CVs
- Notice of Office Closure During National Day Holiday
- SANY Attends Construction Indonesia 2023
- SANY's Vietnam Subsidiary Grandly Opened in Hanoi
- XCMG Leads the Way in Sustainable Manufacturing
- 2023 Global Energy Transition High-level Forum Opened in Beijing
- SINOTRUK Attends Mining Indonesia 2023
- BYD Ranks in Top 10 Kantar BrandZ Most Valuable Global Brands in Auto Category
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China Exported 507,000 Trucks from Jan.-Sept., Up 21% YoY
- China Exported 65,000 Trucks in July, Up 17% YoY
- Half Year Review of Commercial Vehicle Sales
- China Exported 63,000 Trucks in May, Up 33% YoY
- Top 10 Best-selling Battery-swapping Heavy Trucks in China in April
- China Exported 158,000 Trucks in Q1, Up 41% YoY
- China’s Truck Exports Grew by 43.8% YoY to 46600 Units in Feb., 2023
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Rising 29% YOY to 77200 in Feb
- China Exports 567,000 Trucks in 2022, Hitting a New High in a Decade
- China’s Pickup Exports Jumped 65% YOY in 2022