China’s First Hydrogen Internal Combustion Engine Powered Heavy Truck Unveiled
on June 15, Shandong High End Equipment Manufacturing High-tech Achievements Exhibition officially kicked off in Shangdong, and for the first time, SINOTRUK joined hands with Weichai to release China’s first heavy-duty truck powered by Hydrogen Internal Combustion Engine.
The vehicle on display is reportedly a “SINOTRUK Huanghe’ heavy-duty truck that can perform cargo transport activites in special scenarios like ports, cities, power plants, steel plants and industrial parks. It comes standard with a self-developed 13L hydrogen internal combustion engine, which can achieve accurate hydrogen fuel supply by making use of precise hydrogen injection control technology to improve effective thermal efficiency by 41.8%.
The person in charge of Weichai Power introduced that the hydrogen internal combustion engine has three major advantages: 1. It was developed on the basis of the existing internal combustion system, which allows for more flexibility and shortens the development time. Since most parts are common with the existing system you can share the spares. 2. It is possible to achieve emission standards with after-treatment system was removed or simplified, resulting in significant cost advantage. 3. As mechanical power mode is used, it has low requirements for hydrogen fuel purity, thus improving adaptability to the fuel.
“This vehicle on display can be filled up to 30 kg of hydrogen, and every 10 kg can run roughly 100 km.” the person in charge told reporters.
With the support of several proprietary technologies, the vehicle can realize the precise supply of hydrogen fuel and operate under different working conditions. The adoption of high-efficiency boosting and thin combustion technology has solved the problem with abnormal hydrogen combustion and ensure smooth and efficient operation. In addition, Weichai independent ECU system was used for intelligent and independent control and individualized control strategy.
“The commercial application of hydrogen internal combustion engine will help improve Shandong Heavy Industry Group’s leading position, promot commercial vehicles stepping into a new era of diversified energy sources, which is of great significance to energy saving and emission reduction. “Tan Xiguang, Chairman of Shandong Heavy Industry Group said.
- SINOTRUK Delivers 100 Full Electric Tractors 2022-06-07
- The 200000th SITRAK Rolled off the Production Line 2022-05-25
- SINOTRUK Launches Its New Generation of C9H Truck 2022-03-18
- Mass SINOTRUK Electric Trucks Put into Operation in Port and Logistics Sectors 2022-03-17
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022 2022-02-28
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January 2022-02-21
- SINOTRUCK’s Hydrogen Heavy-Duty Trucks Help Build-up of Green Ports 2022-01-13
- SINOTRUK Heavy-duty Truck Sales Jumped up to the Second Place in 2021 2022-01-04
- Malaysia: Roda Dimensi Is On Track with SINOTRUK SITRAK 2021-11-05
- China Top 10 Tractor Head Performers in September 2021-10-22
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Empowering Smart Logistics: Transferring Cabs by SHACMAN Autonomous Trucks
- China’s First Hydrogen Internal Combustion Engine Powered Heavy Truck Unveiled
- Geely Teams up with Hainan Government to Build New Energy SPV Plant in Haikou
- Jiefang Successfully Ignites China’s First Direct-Injection Hydrogen Engine
- “Dongfeng Hydrogen Core” Is Mounted on an 8T Hydrogen Fuel Cell Truck
- SANY Releases Its 2021 Annual Report
- Dongfeng Teqi Signs a Deal for Promoting 500 Fuel Cell Vehicles with INNOREAGEN
- Jiefang's Distributed Photovoltaic Power Generation Project Starts Operation
- Hongyan Receives EC WVTA for Its GENLYON H6 Electric Tractor
- SANY, Batra Tech Sign Deal to Build a Battery Recycling Network
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC MAXUS Sold a Total of 12,557 Vehicles in May
- Sales of New Energy Dumpers Rise by 325.9% in April of 2022
- New Energy Truck Sales Rose by 528% YOY in January to April
- China's Truck Export Rose by 23% YOY to 36272 Units in January to April
- A Total of 52000 SAIC MAXUS Vehicles Were Sold in January-April
- China's Truck Export Rose by 33% to 99547 Units in Q1, 2021
- Top 10 Heavy-duty Dump Truck Sales in March
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February