Cummins Debuts Meritor 17Xe ePowertrain at IAA
GERMANY(chinatrucks): Cummins Inc. (NYSE: CMI) showcased Meritor’s 17Xe ePowertrain assembled with a Cummins battery system during the IAA Transportation tradeshow in Hannover, Germany for the first time since finalizing the acquisition of Meritor, Inc. last month. The 17Xe is designed for heavy-duty trucks in the 4x2 and 6x2 segment, with capacity to support 44 tons of gross combined weight, or more in some applications. The assembly also features a lithium iron phosphate (LFP) battery pack, a new arrival to Cummins’ battery line-up.
"We are committed to bringing Cummins and Meritor electrified powertrain solutions to market as quickly as possible."
"We are moving faster together and are eager to talk about solutions at IAA that will move us all closer to decarbonizing our industry,” said Amy Davis, Vice President and President of New Power at Cummins. “Cummins and Meritor bring together the industry’s best, most economically viable decarbonized powertrain solutions that are better for people and our planet.”
Meritor brings more than 100 years of experience in drivetrain, mobility, braking, aftermarket and electric powertrain solutions to Cummins. The integration of Meritor’s people, products and capabilities in axle and brake technology will position Cummins as a leading provider of integrated powertrain solutions across internal combustion and electric power applications.
With 100% zero-emissions ePowertrains already in production, the combined strength of Cummins and Meritor delivers advanced, decarbonized transport solutions for the commercial vehicle market.
Cummins is integrating Meritor’s ePowertrain with battery and fuel cell electric drivetrains to meet the growing demand for decarbonized solutions. Cummins’ market-leading suite of clean drivetrain options offers performance and packaging advantages to suit diverse applications across the globe, with significant benefits to heavy- and medium-duty truck and bus work cycles and ranges.
In addition to the ePowertrain, Meritor’s Power Control and Accessory System (PCAS) was on the show floor. The PCAS is considered the “brains” of the electric powertrain and controls speed, acceleration, braking and thermal management. Through innovative software controls it can be configured to maximize performance and overall system efficiency. Its integrated system design also reduces packaging size and integration complexity.
- Cummins to Unveil Hydrogen-powered, Zero-carbon Concept Truck at IAA 2022-09-15
- Cummins Finalizes $3.7 Billion Acquisition of Meritor 2022-08-05
- Cummins and Hyliion Collaborate to Bring Natural Gas Hypertruck ERX Powertrain 2022-07-11
- Cummins, KOMATSU to Advance on Developing Zero Emissions Mining Haul Truck 2022-07-05
- Cummins Named Best Employer for Diversity 2022 2022-05-30
- Cummins, Daimler Collaborate on Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trucks 2022-05-13
- CUMMINS INC. Debuts 15-Liter Hydrogen Engine at ACT EXPO 2022-05-11
- Cummins Starts Technical Certification Program for FOTON Mexico 2022-04-15
- Cummins Set to Acquire Meritor for $3.7 Billion 2022-02-24
- Cummins's New Low-carbon Fuel-agnostic Engine Platform Strategy 2022-02-18
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- National Fuel Cell Technology Innovation Center Officially Launched in Shandong
- CIMC Posts Record-high Overseas Revenue and Profit in H1
- FAW Jiefang Forms a New Energy Vehicle Joint Venture with Battery Giant CATL
- 2022 Discovery & Trust Truck Users Survey Campaign Starts
- What Makes CAMC's Battery-swapping Tractor a Superstar in NEV Market
- GEELY, Yuexiu Reached a ¥3 Billion Cooperation on Battery Swapping Heavy Trucks
- SANY and Pony.ai Form Joint Venture to Mass Produce Autonomous Trucks
- FULONGMA's Electric Garbage Truck Debuts at Indonesian PEVS
- SHACMAN Attends the 34th Mobil Delvac Truck Field Race in Colombia
- BYD Makes Its Debut on the Fortune Global 500 List for 2022
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- New Energy Heavy Trucks Saw 127% YOY Growth in August 2022
- Top Ten Heavy-duty Truck Players in August
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 54% YOY to 48700 Units in July
- FAW Jiefang Reports 42% YoY Increase in Overseas Sales in H1, 2022
- NEV Dumpers Surge 503% YoY to 2745 Units in the First Seven Months
- China's Pickup Truck Sales Went Up 19% in June
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 29% YOY to 220,789 Units in H1, 2022
- Sales of New Energy Dump Trucks Jump 476% YoY in First Five Months
- Overall Sales of SACI MAXUS in the First Six Months Hit 81,000 Units
- JMC Saw 61.09% Increase in Exports in the first half of 2022