Tata and Ashok Leyland Among Top Competitors in Africa’s CV Market
www.chinatrucks.com: Asian commercial vehicle manufacturers Isuzu, Mitsubishi, Dongfeng, Sinotruk, Tata and Ashok Leyland currently account for 73.1 percent of the total sales in Africa’s CV market. With infrastructure developments presenting new growth opportunities, Asian OEMs are making rapid inroads, said a report by Frost & Sullivan.
The rising urbanisation is encouraging unprecedented infrastructural developments in Africa region, especially across the construction and oil and gas sectors. This is further strengthening the regional market for commercial vehicles (CVs) like rigid trucks and flatbed trailers.
Asian original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) such as Isuzu, Mitsubishi, Dongfeng, Sinotruk, Tata and Ashok Leyland have started making rapid inroads into the African market and currently account for 73.1 per cent of the total CV market. As these foreign OEMs offer value trucks built for local conditions and customer preferences, market competition is intensifying.
Marshall Martin, Frost & Sullivan mobility industry analyst said “There is significant opportunity for OEMs to leverage their already existing platforms in emerging markets, such as China, India and the ASEAN, to build synergies across these regions and Africa for higher operational efficiency and lower costs. Meanwhile, regional manufacturers will get a huge boost from the growing emphasis on urban transport, along with government incentives to produce vehicles locally.”
As per a report titled “African Commercial Vehicles Market, Forecast to 2025” by Frost & Sullivan, the CV market is expected to grow from 317,533 units in 2016 to 538,774 units in 2025, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.1 per cent. South Africa, with 53 per cent, is the largest contributor to the CV market in Africa. However, Nigeria, Kenya and Morocco are expected to be the fastest-growing markets and the only ones to increase their share by 2025.
While the market's potential is undisputed, it has been growing at a modest pace due to the subdued industry sentiment in Africa as a result of falling oil and commodity prices. Issues related to automotive infrastructure, financing and labour rein in the CV market, even as the spending on urban infrastructure offsets the negative impact.
“Furthermore, the demand for cleaner air in cities will create opportunities for greener public transport such as compressed natural gas (CNG) and electric buses,” noted Martin. “Other CV technologies such as advanced telematics are expected to be highly popular in regions around South Africa, encouraging investments and partnerships in the African market.”
- Tata, Hyundai to Boost Sales of CV in Indonesia 2017-06-12
- CHTGC Cooperated With Tata Daewoo 2013-05-14
- Tata Motors sales up 58% 2010-03-02
- Tata Faces 'Heat' From Daimler, Volvo as India Paves Its Roads 2010-02-10
- Tata Motors, M&M, Reva eye electric compact truck segment 2010-02-08
- Fiat Buys Zastava in Serbia 2010-01-06
- Tata eyes exports to Asean: Thai autos to ship to Malaysia, Indonesia 2009-11-26
- Assembly of Chinese Automobiles Might Resume in the Sverdlovsk Oblast 2009-07-13
- JLR launches new auto-parts center in Suzhou 2009-06-29
- Tata Motors FY09 net shrinks 51% on lower vehicle sales 2009-05-31
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Tata and Ashok Leyland Among Top Competitors in Africa’s CV Market
- Electric Trucks and Vans Cut Pollution Faster Than Cars
- IVECO To Build STRALLS Down Under
- 100 Zero-Emission Partner Electric Vans to be Used by UK Royal Mail
- Ford Trucks Celebrates 100 Years
- Daimler Builds Battery Factory in Beijing For EV Production
- 1,000 Units Electric Logistic Vehicles to Hit Roads in Dongguan
- Volvo Issues Upbeat Truck Forecast Heading into Fall
- Dongfeng Signs New Joint Venture Agreement with Faurecia on Clean Mobility
- Myanmar President Highly Appreciates XCMG’s Contribution
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April
- Data Shows China Pickup Builders Move Further into Overseas Market
- Foton Stays in the First Place in April Light Truck Sales
- Top Ten Rankings for Medium Trucks in April, 2017
- FAW Jiefang Takes a Narrow Lead in Heavy Truck Segment in April