WABCO Signs First Deal to Export Power Steering Syetem to India Tata Motors
WABCO Holdings Inc. (NYSE: WBC), a leading global supplier of technologies that improve the safety, efficiency and connectivity of commercial vehicles, today announced its first major steering system deal in India following its September 2017 acquisition of U.S.-based R.H. Sheppard, a key supplier of industry-leading steering technologies for commercial vehicles.
Demonstrating WABCO’s strong commitment to expand and to globalize its steering business beyond the U.S., this latest supply agreement with Tata Motors in India represents an important first milestone in delivering leading steering solutions to customers internationally.
As a full systems tier one supplier to Tata Motors, WABCO is equipping the manufacturer with its hydraulic power steering systems, helping them to meet increasing demand for new heavy-duty trucks locally following recent legislation changes to restrict axle weight loads. WABCO’s globalized integrated supply chain, local engineering expertise and ability to rapidly respond to Tata Motors’ requirements, are helping ensure this original equipment manufacturer’s continued success as India’s commercial vehicle market leader.
WABCO’s M110 heavy-duty hydraulic power steering gears and assemblies meet Tata Motors’ power-steering performance and reliability requirements. M-Series gears have been the industry design standard since 1986 and use the highest quality materials and components manufactured to extremely rigorous tolerances.
“This landmark steering technology agreement with Tata Motors in India is another example of WABCO’s powerful ability to globalize our rich technology portfolio,” said Jorge Solis, WABCO President, Truck, Bus and Car OEM Division. “Further augmenting our advanced driver assistance and braking systems with our industry-leading steering capability makes WABCO uniquely placed to serve OEMs in every market.”
“We are delighted that the introduction of WABCO’s industry-leading steering systems for the first time in India further differentiates our strong partnership with Tata Motors, while helping them to meet this additional level of demand,” added P. Kaniappan, WABCO India Managing Director. “As the only commercial vehicle supplier able to offer both braking and steering capabilities in India, WABCO is uniquely placed to provide our customers with increasingly higher levels of automation.”
Full dynamic control of commercial vehicles – lateral and longitudinal – is necessary to progressively achieve the commercial vehicle industry’s vision of autonomous driving. Providing lateral control through WABCO’s active steering capability is a cornerstone which powerfully complements its ability to control longitudinal movement through active braking, stability and suspension control systems. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- WABCO Shareholders Approve ZF Friedrichshafen Acquisition 2019-07-02
- Changchun WABCO Vehicle Control System Co., Ltd. Starts Operation 2019-03-01
- WABCO Signs Deal with Hyundai to Supply Advanced Techs for New Medium Trucks 2018-11-12
- Wabco Announces JV in China with FAW Jiefang for CV Safety Products 2018-09-25
- IAA 2018: WABCO to Display Industry's First Electric Trailer Prototype 2018-09-17
- Wabco Launches First Customer Care Center in North America 2018-08-03
- WABCO Achieves a New annual Record for Customer Awards and Industry Recognition 2018-06-15
- Sinotruk Extends Cooperation Agreement with WABCO on ADAS, AMT, EBS, ECAS Tech 2018-04-12
- Wabco Stood Out among Other Suppliers to Win Two Awards from Sinotruk 2018-03-15
- Wabco Invests $10 Million in Nikola Motor, Looks to Advance Safety for EV 2017-12-28
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021