Chinese Truck Maker Drives Electric Boom
FAW Jiefang Automotive Co. Ltd., an established Chinese truck manufacturer, has opened its first production base for electric trucks.
The base in the eastern coastal city of Qingdao is expected to produce 50,000 full electric trucks each year, according to the company, a subsidiary of China's leading auto maker FAW Group.
The company has developed light, medium and heavy new energy trucks, said Hu Hanjie, general manager of FAW Jiefang.
New energy vehicles, including all-electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles, have seen explosive growth in China.
Statistics from the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology showed that 517,000 new energy vehicles, including full electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids, were manufactured and 490,000 were sold between January and October, both up more than 45 percent year on year.
Since the first Jiefang truck was manufactured in 1956, the brand has sold more than 6.6 million trucks and exported to 80 countries and regions.
In 2016, the company sold 202,000 trucks, 185,000 of which were medium and heavy vehicles, holding the biggest market share in China at 19.25 percent. Its output this year has exceeded 300,000, the company announced Thursday.
In addition to the electric push, Jiefang will also focus on research for self-driving trucks in coming years. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Notice For Chinese National Holiday's Leave 2017-09-30
- FAW Ranks First Among “Top 100 Chinese Brands” 2017-06-01
- Holiday Notice for Chinese New Year 2017-01-20
- Notice For Chinese National Holiday's Leave 2016-09-30
- Yuchai’s Seven Results Win Chinese Mechanical Industry Science and Technology Award 2013-11-06
- Chinese Truck Brands Having Exports 2013-10-17
- Yuchai Ranks No. 249 among Top 500 Chinese Enterprises 2013 2013-09-05
- Chinese Truck Makers Aim at Long term Prosperity in Overseas Markets 2013-05-15
- Senators urge Obama to approve tariffs on Chinese tires 2009-07-21
- Chinese Auto Sales Accelerated in June 2009-07-10
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Considers Setting up Plant in Ontario, Canada
- President Xi Inspects XCMG
- XCMG's Total Operating Revenue for the First Three Quarters Increased 78.20%
- Daimler Adapts as Mexico's Demand for Cabover Engine Truck Growing
- Baidu Partners with FAW to Launch Driver Fatigue Monitor System in 2018
- VW Partners with JAC to Form Light Commercial Vehicles JV
- Qingdao Jiefang 500 Horsepower JH6 Attends Jinan Commercial Vehicle Exhibition
- Hino Motors' New Koga Plant in Japan off to a Good Start
- Change or Be Left Behind: XCMG’s Future Plan to Make It to Top 3
- SINOTRUK Service Always Online
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sold 84,755 Units in November
- Medium-sized Trucks Sold 21,133 Units in November
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017