Chinese Truck Maker Drives Electric Boom
FAW Jiefang Automotive Co. Ltd., an established Chinese truck manufacturer, has opened its first production base for electric trucks.
The base in the eastern coastal city of Qingdao is expected to produce 50,000 full electric trucks each year, according to the company, a subsidiary of China's leading auto maker FAW Group.
The company has developed light, medium and heavy new energy trucks, said Hu Hanjie, general manager of FAW Jiefang.
New energy vehicles, including all-electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles, have seen explosive growth in China.
Statistics from the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology showed that 517,000 new energy vehicles, including full electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids, were manufactured and 490,000 were sold between January and October, both up more than 45 percent year on year.
Since the first Jiefang truck was manufactured in 1956, the brand has sold more than 6.6 million trucks and exported to 80 countries and regions.
In 2016, the company sold 202,000 trucks, 185,000 of which were medium and heavy vehicles, holding the biggest market share in China at 19.25 percent. Its output this year has exceeded 300,000, the company announced Thursday.
In addition to the electric push, Jiefang will also focus on research for self-driving trucks in coming years. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market 2018-07-02
- Chinese Branded Trucks are Favored by Kenyan Haulage Firms 2018-03-09
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice 2018-02-10
- Chinese Truck Maker Eyes Expanding LatAm Market 2018-01-22
- Notice For Chinese National Holiday's Leave 2017-09-30
- FAW Ranks First Among “Top 100 Chinese Brands” 2017-06-01
- Holiday Notice for Chinese New Year 2017-01-20
- Notice For Chinese National Holiday's Leave 2016-09-30
- Yuchai’s Seven Results Win Chinese Mechanical Industry Science and Technology Award 2013-11-06
- Chinese Truck Brands Having Exports 2013-10-17
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November