Chinese Truck Maker Eyes Expanding LatAm Market
Chinese leading truck manufacturer Shacman has launched operations in Panama with an eye to expanding its share of the Latin American market.
In a recent effort to pursue its aim, the company participated in the international heavy machinery fair Expo Maquina 2018, which took place in Panama City on Jan. 18-20.
"This fair is like a launching, an opening to show that Shacman trucks have arrived in Panama," the company's General Manager for Latin America, Xie Yan, told Xinhua at the city's main exposition center, Atlapa.
The company first entered the Latin American market in 2007, in Chile and Peru, and today has entered Bolivia, Brazil, Ecuador and Colombia.
The company sells about 600 trucks a year in Latin America, mainly in Peru and Chile, and hopes to increase its regional sales by some 15 percent.
"We want to take advantage of being in Panama to also cater to markets like Costa Rica, Guatemala, and Trinidad and Tobago," said Xie.
If all goes well, the company, headquartered in the northwestern Chinese city of Xi'an, may open a branch office in Panama, he said.
China and Panama established diplomatic ties in June 2017, setting the stage for increased cooperation, especially in infrastructure building.
More Chinese companies are likely to do business in the Central American country as they strive to expand their presence in Latin America, said Xie.
"We sense other Chinese companies are interested in Panama, and ... one market may lead to another market," said Carlos Sanchez of Mantenequipos, the company that provides Shacman's post-sale service and support in Panama.
As a leading heavy-duty truck manufacturer in China, Shacman has expanded its marketing service network to Africa, the Middle East, Southeast Asia, Central and South America, and Eastern Europe. It has established 36 overseas offices and 330 overseas service stations.
The trucks, competitively priced, consume less fuel than comparable vehicles and have a solid maintenance plan, according to Sanchez.(www.chinatrucks.com)
- SHACMAN X5000 AMT Tractor Heads Were Exported to Overseas Market 2022-02-23
- SHACMAN Heavy-duty Truck Exports Hit Record High in 2021 2022-01-14
- Hundreds of SHACMAN Heavy-duty Trucks Were Shipped to Afghanistan 2022-01-13
- Peru's President Handed Over the SHACMAN H3000 Key to CGBVP 2021-12-20
- African Customer Introduces SHACMAN Trucks for Oil and Gas Transport Services 2021-11-04
- First Batch of SHACMAN H3000S Roll Off in Myanmar 2021-09-02
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July 2021-09-01
- SHACMAN Sprinklers Deeply Involved in Volcano Clean-up Operations in Caribbean 2021-08-11
- SHACMAN Delivered a Batch of F3000 Sprinkler Trucks to Uzbekistan 2021-08-09
- Customer Care Story: SHACMAN Always Put Customer First 2021-08-05
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021