Scania Hitches Ride on Airbus Ferry
www.chinatrucks.com: Why travel more than 1,000 kilometres by road to ship trucks to North Africa when the closest port is only 150 kilometres away? Scania’s truck assembly centre in Angers, France, has recently rerouted its shipments from Barcelona to the nearby port of Saint-Nazaire.
By piggybacking on ferry shipments for Airbus 380, the world’s largest passenger aircraft, Scania saves valuable time, money and, not least, reduces its carbon footprint.
Each fortnight, newly manufactured Scania trucks will board the Milk Run Med ferry bound for the ports of Tangier and La Goulette (Tunis) with vehicles for Algerian, Moroccan and Tunisian customers. “This new logistics framework is part of Scania’s strategy to promote sustainable transport,” says Philippe Sicard, Head of External Logistics at Scania Production Angers.
The Milk Run Med line is operated by French-Norwegian LD Seaplane on behalf of the Airbus Group to ferry aircraft components produced in the Mediterranean region.
- Scania Wins Latest 1,000 Point Test for the Second Year in Succession 2018-02-28
- Scania Invests in Electric Battery Cell Technology for CVs 2018-01-31
- Scania Ends 2017 on a High in Australia 2018-01-03
- Next GEN Scania Range Turns Record Sales 2017-08-03
- Scania to Sell Heavy Commercial Vehicles in Pakistan 2017-07-10
- Driveless Truck 'Platoons' Head for Australia's Main Roads 2017-06-15
- Scania S 500 to be Shown Off in Australia at 2017 Brisbane Truck Show 2017-04-05
- Scania Expands Industrial and Commercial Operations in Thailand 2017-02-09
- 10 Scania G440 Delivered to Vonbbon Logistics 2016-12-01
- Scania Created a Futuristic Factory Manned by Smart Robots 2016-11-18
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November