Scania Hitches Ride on Airbus Ferry
www.chinatrucks.com: Why travel more than 1,000 kilometres by road to ship trucks to North Africa when the closest port is only 150 kilometres away? Scania’s truck assembly centre in Angers, France, has recently rerouted its shipments from Barcelona to the nearby port of Saint-Nazaire.
By piggybacking on ferry shipments for Airbus 380, the world’s largest passenger aircraft, Scania saves valuable time, money and, not least, reduces its carbon footprint.
Each fortnight, newly manufactured Scania trucks will board the Milk Run Med ferry bound for the ports of Tangier and La Goulette (Tunis) with vehicles for Algerian, Moroccan and Tunisian customers. “This new logistics framework is part of Scania’s strategy to promote sustainable transport,” says Philippe Sicard, Head of External Logistics at Scania Production Angers.
The Milk Run Med line is operated by French-Norwegian LD Seaplane on behalf of the Airbus Group to ferry aircraft components produced in the Mediterranean region.
- Next GEN Scania Range Turns Record Sales 2017-08-03
- Scania to Sell Heavy Commercial Vehicles in Pakistan 2017-07-10
- Driveless Truck 'Platoons' Head for Australia's Main Roads 2017-06-15
- Scania S 500 to be Shown Off in Australia at 2017 Brisbane Truck Show 2017-04-05
- Scania Expands Industrial and Commercial Operations in Thailand 2017-02-09
- 10 Scania G440 Delivered to Vonbbon Logistics 2016-12-01
- Scania Created a Futuristic Factory Manned by Smart Robots 2016-11-18
- 253 Scania Trucks Delivers to The Second Largest Food Retailer in Great Britain 2016-02-19
- Scania Breaks Through Shandong Market 2016-02-04
- 82 Scania Trucks Bought as Fire-fighting Vehicles 2015-06-05
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks
- Gas Trucks boom in China as Government Curbs Diesel Trucks
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April