WABCO Signs First Deal to Export Power Steering Syetem to India Tata Motors
WABCO Holdings Inc. (NYSE: WBC), a leading global supplier of technologies that improve the safety, efficiency and connectivity of commercial vehicles, today announced its first major steering system deal in India following its September 2017 acquisition of U.S.-based R.H. Sheppard, a key supplier of industry-leading steering technologies for commercial vehicles.
Demonstrating WABCO’s strong commitment to expand and to globalize its steering business beyond the U.S., this latest supply agreement with Tata Motors in India represents an important first milestone in delivering leading steering solutions to customers internationally.
As a full systems tier one supplier to Tata Motors, WABCO is equipping the manufacturer with its hydraulic power steering systems, helping them to meet increasing demand for new heavy-duty trucks locally following recent legislation changes to restrict axle weight loads. WABCO’s globalized integrated supply chain, local engineering expertise and ability to rapidly respond to Tata Motors’ requirements, are helping ensure this original equipment manufacturer’s continued success as India’s commercial vehicle market leader.
WABCO’s M110 heavy-duty hydraulic power steering gears and assemblies meet Tata Motors’ power-steering performance and reliability requirements. M-Series gears have been the industry design standard since 1986 and use the highest quality materials and components manufactured to extremely rigorous tolerances.
“This landmark steering technology agreement with Tata Motors in India is another example of WABCO’s powerful ability to globalize our rich technology portfolio,” said Jorge Solis, WABCO President, Truck, Bus and Car OEM Division. “Further augmenting our advanced driver assistance and braking systems with our industry-leading steering capability makes WABCO uniquely placed to serve OEMs in every market.”
“We are delighted that the introduction of WABCO’s industry-leading steering systems for the first time in India further differentiates our strong partnership with Tata Motors, while helping them to meet this additional level of demand,” added P. Kaniappan, WABCO India Managing Director. “As the only commercial vehicle supplier able to offer both braking and steering capabilities in India, WABCO is uniquely placed to provide our customers with increasingly higher levels of automation.”
Full dynamic control of commercial vehicles – lateral and longitudinal – is necessary to progressively achieve the commercial vehicle industry’s vision of autonomous driving. Providing lateral control through WABCO’s active steering capability is a cornerstone which powerfully complements its ability to control longitudinal movement through active braking, stability and suspension control systems. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- WABCO Shareholders Approve ZF Friedrichshafen Acquisition 2019-07-02
- Changchun WABCO Vehicle Control System Co., Ltd. Starts Operation 2019-03-01
- WABCO Signs Deal with Hyundai to Supply Advanced Techs for New Medium Trucks 2018-11-12
- Wabco Announces JV in China with FAW Jiefang for CV Safety Products 2018-09-25
- IAA 2018: WABCO to Display Industry's First Electric Trailer Prototype 2018-09-17
- Wabco Launches First Customer Care Center in North America 2018-08-03
- WABCO Achieves a New annual Record for Customer Awards and Industry Recognition 2018-06-15
- Sinotruk Extends Cooperation Agreement with WABCO on ADAS, AMT, EBS, ECAS Tech 2018-04-12
- Wabco Stood Out among Other Suppliers to Win Two Awards from Sinotruk 2018-03-15
- Wabco Invests $10 Million in Nikola Motor, Looks to Advance Safety for EV 2017-12-28
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1