ZF and Wolong to Form JV for Production of Electric Motors and Components
ZF Friedrichshafen AG and China’s Wolong Electric Group Co., Ltd are stepping up their existing cooperation. The two companies have signed an agreement to establish a joint venture that will produce components and electric motors for automotive applications. This partnership will enhance the ZF product portfolio and further improve competitiveness in electric driveline systems.
“The partnership with Wolong, a key player of electric motors and components in the Chinese market, is a great next step in further strengthening our electric mobility strategy. With the joint venture we extend our value chain for electric motors to include sub-components and it gives us even better access to customers and suppliers in China,“ says Jörg Grotendorst, Head of ZF’s E-Mobility Division.
The joint venture will operate under the name Wolong ZF Automotive E Motors Co Ltd. and manufactures electric motors and components for use in ZF driveline systems and the open market. An initial success of this partnership is the award of a major series production contract for electric motor components for hybrid and electric drives. Electrified drivelines contribute significantly to reduce CO2 emissions from road traffic.
The joint venture headquartered in Shangyu, Zhejiang Province, China, will provide optimal access to the Chinese market, leverage joint purchasing potential and focus on future business. By 2025, the company is expected to employ up to 2,000 staff.
Dr. Holger Klein, Member of Board of Management, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, said, “Agreement to deepen our partnership with a Chinese company and establish a new joint venture to dedicate in the production contract for electric motors, is one of our solid steps in realizing our commitment to invest in China, and our determination to make ZF a significant contributor in the electrification and sustainable mobility in this market. By having a joint venture with a successful Chinese company，we are transforming our company towards a more agile organization, to serve the local market from the region without time delay in decision making process.“
"We are certain that new energy vehicles will take a very large share in the future market, and this will bring unprecedented development opportunities for both of us. The joint venture company with ZF will be the first step, aiming to provide motors and their components for ZF and the general market. We hope that this joint venture will become a global leader in new energy automotive motors,” says Jian Cheng Chen, Chairman of Wolong Electric.
Since January 2016, ZF has bundled its electromobility activities in the E-Mobility Division headquartered in Schweinfurt, Germany. More than 9,000 employees work in this division, spread across various locations around the world.
- ZF Introduces New Technologies for Clean and Efficient Commercial Vehicles 2021-09-03
- ZF Sales Goes Up 43% YoY for H1, 2021 2021-08-02
- ZF Attends 2021 Volvo Auto Asia-Pacific Science Day on Sustainable Development 2021-07-23
- ZF Jiaxing Homebase Commits ZF to More R&D Activities in China 2021-06-30
- ZF Commercial Vehicle Division Jiaxing Homebase Starts Operation 2021-06-25
- Auto Shanghai 2021: ZF is Driving Intelligence for Software-defined Vehicles 2021-04-16
- ZF CEO: China Is the Most Promising Market 2020-08-10
- ZF Completes WABCO Acquisition 2020-06-01
- ZF Opens First Plant in Vietnam 2019-11-13
- ZF Posts Half-Year Financial Results: Reacts to Difficult Market Environment 2019-08-05
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY