ZF and Wolong to Form JV for Production of Electric Motors and Components
ZF Friedrichshafen AG and China’s Wolong Electric Group Co., Ltd are stepping up their existing cooperation. The two companies have signed an agreement to establish a joint venture that will produce components and electric motors for automotive applications. This partnership will enhance the ZF product portfolio and further improve competitiveness in electric driveline systems.
“The partnership with Wolong, a key player of electric motors and components in the Chinese market, is a great next step in further strengthening our electric mobility strategy. With the joint venture we extend our value chain for electric motors to include sub-components and it gives us even better access to customers and suppliers in China,“ says Jörg Grotendorst, Head of ZF’s E-Mobility Division.
The joint venture will operate under the name Wolong ZF Automotive E Motors Co Ltd. and manufactures electric motors and components for use in ZF driveline systems and the open market. An initial success of this partnership is the award of a major series production contract for electric motor components for hybrid and electric drives. Electrified drivelines contribute significantly to reduce CO2 emissions from road traffic.
The joint venture headquartered in Shangyu, Zhejiang Province, China, will provide optimal access to the Chinese market, leverage joint purchasing potential and focus on future business. By 2025, the company is expected to employ up to 2,000 staff.
Dr. Holger Klein, Member of Board of Management, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, said, “Agreement to deepen our partnership with a Chinese company and establish a new joint venture to dedicate in the production contract for electric motors, is one of our solid steps in realizing our commitment to invest in China, and our determination to make ZF a significant contributor in the electrification and sustainable mobility in this market. By having a joint venture with a successful Chinese company，we are transforming our company towards a more agile organization, to serve the local market from the region without time delay in decision making process.“
"We are certain that new energy vehicles will take a very large share in the future market, and this will bring unprecedented development opportunities for both of us. The joint venture company with ZF will be the first step, aiming to provide motors and their components for ZF and the general market. We hope that this joint venture will become a global leader in new energy automotive motors,” says Jian Cheng Chen, Chairman of Wolong Electric.
Since January 2016, ZF has bundled its electromobility activities in the E-Mobility Division headquartered in Schweinfurt, Germany. More than 9,000 employees work in this division, spread across various locations around the world.
- ZF Celebrates 500,000th TraXon Transmission System Produced in Friedrichshafen 2022-04-20
- ZF Breaks Ground on Its Fourth R&D Centre in China 2022-03-25
- ZF Meets 2021 Sales And Earnings Targets 2022-03-18
- ZF Successfully Launches New Commercial Vehicle Solutions Division 2022-01-14
- ZF Marks 40th Year in China 2021-11-19
- ZF Introduces New Technologies for Clean and Efficient Commercial Vehicles 2021-09-03
- ZF Sales Goes Up 43% YoY for H1, 2021 2021-08-02
- ZF Attends 2021 Volvo Auto Asia-Pacific Science Day on Sustainable Development 2021-07-23
- ZF Jiaxing Homebase Commits ZF to More R&D Activities in China 2021-06-30
- ZF Commercial Vehicle Division Jiaxing Homebase Starts Operation 2021-06-25
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021