Werner and Cummins Partner to Integrate 15L Natural Gas And Hydrogen Engines
Werner Enterprises (Nasdaq: WERN), a premier transportation and logistics provider, and Cummins Inc. (NYSE: CMI), global power solutions provider, have announced that Werner will begin validation and integration of Cummins’ recently announced 15-liter natural gas and 15-liter hydrogen internal combustion engines in its vehicles. Cummins will begin integrating these new powertrains in Werner trucks in the second half of 2022, starting with the 15-liter natural gas product.
“Werner is a transportation leader focused on reducing its carbon footprint, and Cummins is uniquely positioned to help provide low carbon options successfully and seamlessly using multiple power solutions,” said Srikanth Padmanabhan, Vice President and President, Engine Business, Cummins. “Our solutions include our newest heavy-duty natural gas engine and our heavy-duty hydrogen ICE engine currently being developed. Our broad range of powertrain solutions from advanced diesel, natural gas, hydrogen to electrification allows Cummins to provide multiple options that meet our customers’ specific business needs and sustainability targets today. The next generation Cummins powertrains will provide a clear path to transition towards a zero- emission future.”
"The options Cummins is providing align with our longstanding focus on sustainability and reducing our carbon footprint,” said Derek Leathers, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Werner Enterprises. “They understand the priority we place on using technology to minimize our impact on the environment. By being proactive now, we are ensuring a better future for everyone, and I look forward to this collaborative effort.”
"This collaboration will combine the extensive experience and expertise of both our companies to provide Werner’s fleet with a safe and reliable solution that will help them meet their sustainability and operational targets while providing Cummins valuable operational and performance data to help us optimize our product offerings," said Amy Boerger, Vice President and General Manager,
North America at Cummins. "These collaborations allow us to refine and optimize our technologies to make the shift to zero-emissions commercial transportation solutions across diverse markets much more quickly."
The 15-liter natural gas engine announced in October of 2021 can be paired with a Cummins Eaton Automated Transmission Technologies Endurant HD Transmission and Cummins Fuel Delivery System, ensuring a purpose-built and fully integrated natural gas powertrain. Other transmission pairings will be available at launch for specialized applications. The 15-liter engine will offer ratings up to 500 horsepower and 1,850 ft-lbs of torque, while not requiring selective catalytic reduction (SCR) to meet 2024 California or Environmental Protection Agency emission standards, providing a potentially carbon-negative solution when powered with renewable natural gas (RNG).
Hydrogen engines offer OEMs and end-users the benefit of adaptability by continuing to use familiar mechanical drivelines with vehicle and equipment integration. This mirrors current powertrains while continuing to provide the power and capability for meeting application needs.
Additionally, the 15-liter hydrogen engine can use zero-carbon green hydrogen fuel, produced by Cummins-manufactured electrolyzers. The projected investment in renewable hydrogen production globally will provide a growing opportunity for the deployment of hydrogen-powered fleets utilizing either Cummins fuel cell or engine power.
- Cummins Launches New Brand "Accelera" for Zero-Emissions Future 2023-03-10
- Cummins East Asia R&D Center New Base Began Operation 2022-11-29
- Cummins Participates in the 6th Foshan Hydrogen Expo(CHFE 2022) in China 2022-11-17
- Werner Enterprises Signs LoI to Buy 500 Cummins Hydrogen Engines 2022-09-27
- Cummins Debuts Meritor 17Xe ePowertrain at IAA 2022-09-20
- Cummins to Unveil Hydrogen-powered, Zero-carbon Concept Truck at IAA 2022-09-15
- Cummins Finalizes $3.7 Billion Acquisition of Meritor 2022-08-05
- Cummins and Hyliion Collaborate to Bring Natural Gas Hypertruck ERX Powertrain 2022-07-11
- Cummins, KOMATSU to Advance on Developing Zero Emissions Mining Haul Truck 2022-07-05
- Cummins Named Best Employer for Diversity 2022 2022-05-30
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- World’s First All-electric Scania Car Transporter Goes into Service
- China’s First Mining Specialized Remote Sensing Satellite Launched
- SINOTRUK Delivers Full Year 2022 Results, Heavy Truck Sales Down 52.50%
- FOTON and Cummins Team up to Build a New Engine Plant in Thailand
- SANY Awarded as 2022 Forbes China TOP 50 Sustainable DEV Industrial Enterprises
- Daimler Trucks and Buses Signs Deal with XCMG Fire Fighting
- FAW Jiefang Sichuan Branch Was Officially Established
- Bus & Truck Expo Set to be Held in May 2023
- Yutong, SCG Signed MoU for Green Mining in Thailand
- CAT Displays Its First Battery Electric Large Mining Truck
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Half Year Review of Commercial Vehicle Sales
- China Exported 63,000 Trucks in May, Up 33% YoY
- Top 10 Best-selling Battery-swapping Heavy Trucks in China in April
- China Exported 158,000 Trucks in Q1, Up 41% YoY
- China’s Truck Exports Grew by 43.8% YoY to 46600 Units in Feb., 2023
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Rising 29% YOY to 77200 in Feb
- China Exports 567,000 Trucks in 2022, Hitting a New High in a Decade
- China’s Pickup Exports Jumped 65% YOY in 2022
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 42% YOY to 53,000 Units in November
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Fell by 9% YoY to 46000 Units in Nov.