Yuchai and Germany Eberspaecher to Form a Joint Venture
Eberspaecher Exhaust Technology International GmbH (“Eberspaecher”) and China Yuchai International Limited (NYSE: CYD) (“China Yuchai”), announced today the signing of a contract to form a joint venture company – Eberspaecher Yuchai Exhaust Technology Co. Ltd. (“JV Company”). The JV Company will produce and sell exhaust emission control systems for Chinese commercial vehicles to meet the highest domestic emission standard, China National 6.
Eberspaecher will hold 51 percent shareholding interest of the JV Company, with a Guangxi Yuchai Machinery Co. Ltd. (“GYMCL”) subsidiary – Guangxi Yuchai Exhaust Technology Co. Ltd – holding the remaining 49 percent. A new production facility dedicated to producing the joint venture’s exhaust systems will be built at GYMCL’s current engine production facilities in Yulin City, China. The establishment and operation of the JV Company is subject to certain approvals to be granted by the relevant government authorities in China.
The aim of the partnership is to develop, produce and market new exhaust emission control systems for commercial vehicles. The China National 6 emission standard will be the most stringent emission standard in China and is expected to be first implemented by July 2020.
Eberspaecher is an exhaust technology pioneer which is intensifying its activities in the growing Asian markets. These on-road systems for trucks and buses, as well as off-road applications such as tractors or construction machines, will improve the future environmental balance in China.
“As the market leader for commercial vehicle emission control technologies in Europe and North America, it is clear to us that we can bring this expertise to Asia,” emphasized Dr. Thomas Waldhier, COO of Eberspaecher Exhaust Technology. “With China Yuchai as our strong partner, the foundation is being laid to achieve a leading position in Asia as well.”
Mr. Weng Ming Hoh, President of China Yuchai, commented, “Eberspaecher is a world leader in exhaust technology with an exceptional track record over its 153-year history. As an engine technology leader in China for on-road and off-road commercial vehicles, we are excited to join forces with Eberspaecher to capture the secular growth opportunities in emission controls in China.”
Rising concerns for the environment creates demand for more effective emission reduction systems for trucks and buses in China. “As a pioneer in exhaust technology, we contribute to the environmentally friendly mobility of tomorrow with our innovations and technologies. Together with GYMCL, one of the major diesel engine OEMs in China, we will significantly contribute to the successful implementation of the China National 6 emission standard,” adds Dr. York Zhao, Vice President Business Unit Asia at Eberspaecher.
New plant in Yulin
To directly supply Asian commercial vehicle manufacturers, the JV Company will build a production plant in Yulin City, in the province of Guangxi. Over an area of up to 12,000 square meters, the first exhaust control systems will be produced at the end of 2019. In the first full year of production, 160,000 systems are planned. In the long term, the JV Company is expected to create up to 250 local jobs.
Commercial vehicle manufacturers which use Yuchai engines, will benefit from the new joint venture in terms of sales and after-sales activities, as they will receive engine and exhaust technology from a single source. This cooperation also makes use of Eberspaecher’s expanded development activities at its Asian headquarters in Shanghai. The local Tech Center, which bundles the entire exhaust technology testing expertise and prototyping activities for Asian customers, is nearing completion.
Background of emission control
The new exhaust emission control systems are so-called combination systems under China National 6 – the strictest emission standard for particulates, nitrogen oxide and hydrocarbons. This emission standard corresponds to Euro 6 in Europe and EPA 10 in the USA. China National 6 will result in a further reduction of 80% for nitrogen oxides and 66% for particle mass compared to the China National 5 standard. The Eberspaecher commercial vehicle combination systems consist of two main components: a Diesel particulate filter system – consisting of an oxidation catalyst (DOC) and Diesel particulate filter (DPF) – and a nitrogen oxide reduction system, which includes urea dosing and SCR catalysts. In addition to the emission function, these technologies also comply with the relevant acoustic regulations.
- Yuchai 580 Horsepower Engine to Hit the Heavy-duty Truck Market 2018-09-05
- The Successful Ignition of K08N-60 Marks a New Member added to China VI Engines 2018-08-24
- Yuchai Enters Qatar Market with 2022 FIFA World Cup Coming in Qatar 2018-08-24
- Yuchai Reached Consensus with Vietnam THACO on Strategic Cooperation 2018-08-16
- Yuchai Launches Electric Commercial Vehicles Project 2018-08-06
- Yuchai’s Performance on Overseas Market 2018-07-20
- Yuchai Boasts 400,000 Units Engines in Operation Abroad 2018-07-16
- Yuchai’s Constantly-growing Brand Value Exceeds RMB 40 Billion 2018-06-27
- Safeguarding by “Core” of Yuchai, Vehicles to Conquer Longest Int'l Road 2018-06-06
- Yuchai Commits to Develop Both Clean Energy and Traditional Energy Eninges 2018-05-04
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Daimler Rolls Out 100,000th Vehicle from TN Factory
- Hyundai Put Self-driving Truck on South Korean Highway for Test Run
- JAC int’l Business Achieved a New Record and Ranked No.4 Among the Industry
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Dongfeng Sold 11,322 Units Medium and Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- China Sold 266,000 Units Trucks in July
- SAIC Hongyan Sales Up by 43% in July
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018