Foton Tunland Aims at Champion in Silk Way Rally 2019
On July 4, 2019, Foton Tunland started its 3rd expedition for the 9th Silk Road Rally beside the Lake Baikal, Russia. Foton appointed Tunland powered by Foton Cummins ISF engine as a racing vehicle for this 10-day 5,000km competition and Foton Aumark will provide support for the BFCEC SPORT team as supporting vehicle.
Silk Way Rally is a top-class off-road rally jointly held by China and Russia. This rally set out officially in Irkutsk, Russia on July 6, enter through Russia and Mongolia into China stage on July 13 and finally end in Dunhuang, Gansu, China on July 16. This special 2,593km whole-course stage will not only test the improvisation of the drivers but also test the reliability and stability of vehicles and engines.
Since its first participation in the 2017 Silk Way Rally, Foton Tunland has attracted wide attention from global media with its excellent performance in the race, and won the silver medal in the diesel group in 2018. For this rally, two Foton Tunland 4×4 all-wheel-drive racing pickups powered by Cummins ISF2.8 are dispatched for T2 Manufacturer Group competition.
The T2 Manufacturer Group competition requires that all racing vehicle must maintain the original mass production status, namely no modification in the core power configuration, including engine and transmission. Therefore, Foton Tunland pickups for this rally will compete with international teams, including Japanese Toyota, under the original status. Foton Cummins ISF2.8 engine installed on the racing vehicles for this rally boasts 160kW power output and adopts integral cylinder block and cylinder head design to provide high supports in terms of product reliability under severe racing conditions.
As a strategic partner of Foton, Cummins has century-long experience in engine production. With their advanced air intake and fuel control systems, Cummins engines deliver maximum performance and power output. At present, engines produced by Foton Cummins have been used in all Foton commercial vehicle models, such as medium-heavy duty trucks, light duty trucks, VAN, pickups and etc. With excellent power, durability and adaptability, Foton products have gradually gained recognition of users all over the world.
Leading Quality Proven in Top-class Rally
As a superb quality pickup model, Foton Tunland was not only engaged in Silk Way Rally, but also participated in various top-class global events. In 2012, it won the championship in the individual diesel group with excellent product performance in Taklimakan Rally, which is the No. 1 rally in Asia. In 2013, Foton Tunland won another gold medal in the China Grand Rally. In 2015 and 2016, Foton Tunland joined the world’s toughest motor race – Dakar Rally, in which it competed with leading teams in the world and finished the race. For that matter, Foton Motor Group became the only Chinese automobile brand that participated and finished the Dakar Rally for 2 consecutive years.
All New Independent Power Technology.
Tunland is not only equipped with Foton Cummins power. In 2019, Tunland S5 equipped with the new AUCAN power was launched. As Foton’s independent power system, AUCAN engines integrate Cummins technology, German FEV and British Ricardo, designed with the German Industry 4.0 process and are produced reasonably and efficiently in Foton’s digital and intelligent factory with excellent quietness, comfort and power. AUCAN power comes in two series: FD diesel series and FG gasoline series. They not only meet the durability requirements for commercial vehicles, but also live up to the performance expectations of passenger vehicle power.
As an “ultra-quiet” engine, AUCAN FD2.0 engine - diesel 2.0T reduce noise as low as 46.6dB at idle speed, which is the lowest noise level among the same models. In addition, it has a maximum torque of 320N.m and a maximum power of 110kw. With excellent performance, it solves such pain points as loud noise and shift jitter in traditional pickup power, providing customers with the highest quality power solution.
Tough rally is one of the best way to measure and verify the quality of Foton Tunland. It is expected to perform well in Silk Road Rally and further enhance the trust of consumers towards the brand. May Foton Tunland a brilliant success in Silk Way Rally of 2019.
- Foton Partners TuSimple Pass China’s First Autonomous Driving Truck Fleet Test 2020-01-03
- Foton Forland Annual Sales Volume Reaches 220,000 Units 2019-12-26
- NEVC-Foton New Energy Intelligent Vehicle Lab Established in Weifang 2019-12-20
- Auman Super Truck All series AMT Models Launch in Chengdu 2019-12-09
- The 1,000,000th Unit Vehicle Connected to Foton Internet of Vehicle 2019-12-09
- Foton Reveals Brand New Medium Truck Ouhang in Chengdu 2019-12-06
- Foton Auman Serve the World 5G Conference 2019-11-22
- Foton Sets a Goal to Sell 200,000 New Energy Commercial Vehicles by 2025 2019-11-19
- Foton Launches its Factory Expansion Project in Changsha 2019-11-15
- Foton Daimler Delivers 130 Units Auman Port Vehicles to Customers in Guangzhou 2019-11-01
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- The Third China Heavy-duty Truck Bo’ao Forum Held in Hainan
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha
- SHACMAN Industrial Park Starts Operation
- JAC and Huawei Signed a Comprehensive Cooperation Framework Agreement
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Attends 2019 China Int'l Heavy-duty Truck Fair
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery
- China's Heavy-duty Truck Sales Continue to Climb in November
- XCMG Signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with China Unicom on 5G
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sales Expected to Exceed One Million Units Annually
- FAW Jiefang’s New Production Base Starts Construction in Liuzhou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Hit New Annual High in 2019
- China Sold 518,700 Units Tractors in November
- China Sold 102,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Reached 17,456 Units in November
- China Sold 357,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in October
- Sales of Pickups in Beijing Soared by 539% from January to September
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September