Foton Eyes Online Sales in Brazil
Chinese truck maker Foton is moving to online sales in Brazil, due to an expected rise in demand for light commercial vehicles driven by the boom in online sales and home delivery services.
"Due to the lockdown, online sales have become more important, and that is a trend that is here to stay," said Luiz Carlos Mendonca de Barros, president of Foton's board of directors in Brazil, Latin America's largest economy, in an interview with Xinhua.
"There will be an increase in demand for the logistics of distributing goods to residences, and because of that there will be demand for light and medium trucks," he said.
"Car dealerships have opted to sell Foton trucks. They know the market well and are aware that products made by Foton, which has a portfolio of all the latest models, have extraordinary potential," said De Barros.
The executive, who is also Brazil's former minister of communications and ex-president of the National Economic and Social Development Bank, noted the South American country represents the largest market for trucks in Latin America and the fifth largest worldwide.
Foton's goal is to grab 10 percent of that market by 2023, when it aims to sell 5,000 vehicles.
"Our trucks are starting to meet Brazilian demand and we think that this is a strategic moment, despite the (COVID-19) crisis," De Barros said.
Brazil's truck industry has grown at a faster pace than the economy, "because it is a big country that demands logistical solutions, both for exporting grains and for supplying its own market," he noted.
Brazil's truck industry manufactured as many as 200,000 units in 2014. Last year, the figure was 110,000 units.
"Through Foton, we want to increasingly form part of that industry, with trucks imported from China and those manufactured here," he said.
China, which is Brazil's main trade partner, has shown "recovery capacity" in the wake of its battle with the coronavirus, he said.
"China proved that a lockdown and staying at home are the best ways to tackle the outbreak and in Brazil we are going to have four months of a dip in the economy" due to those measures, he said.
However, "Brazil also has the capacity to recover, since it is a country with a domestic market, and since it has agriculture that sustains the economy," he noted, explaining that "Brazil needs Chinese demand and China needs Brazilian food exports."
- Foton Sold 19,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks and 43,000 Units Light Trucks in April 2020-05-08
- Foton Tops the List of Light Truck Sales in March 2020-04-17
- Top Ten Sales Ranking for Tractors in March 2020-04-15
- 3 Units Foton Negative Pressure Ambulances Arrived in Philippines for Operation 2020-04-10
- FOTON Again Assists Phillippines in Fighting COVID-19 2020-04-10
- Foton Released March Numbers: 12,000 Heavy Trucks and 43,000 Light Trucks Sold 2020-04-08
- Foton Joins Philippines in Fighting the Coronavirus 2020-03-30
- Foton Auman EST-M Truck Assembled in South Africa 2020-03-30
- Foton Donates 50 Trucks to Assist Kuwait in Its Fight against COVID-19 2020-03-24
- Less Than 30000 Light Trucks were Sold in February 2020-03-18
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- IAA Commercial Vehicles 2020 Cancelled Due to COVID-19
- Dongfeng and Inceptio to Roll Off L3 Autonomous Heavy-duty Trucks by Late 2021
- Coronavirus Pandemic: MAN Resumes Bus and Truck Production
- President Xi jinping Inspects Shaanxi Automobile Holding Group
- Volvo, Daimler to Form a Joint Venture for Large-scale Production of Fuel Cells
- BYD and Hino Sign a Deal with a Focus on Commercial Battery Electric Vehicle
- See the Lifeblood of the Country: SHACMAN Reopening of Bussiness Be a Hot Topic
- "Safe" Becomes the Quality DNA Element of JAC from Safe+ to J-Health
- XCMG Purchased 4M Masks and 700,000 Sets of Surgical Gowns for Vale of Brazil
- Groupe Renault Sets Its New Strategy for China
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Foton Sold 19,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks and 43,000 Units Light Trucks in April
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales Hit 180,000 Units in April
- Dongfeng Sold 32,544 Units Trucks in Q1
- Foton Tops the List of Light Truck Sales in March
- Top Ten Sales Ranking for Tractors in March
- Foton Released March Numbers: 12,000 Heavy Trucks and 43,000 Light Trucks Sold
- 113,000 Heavy-duty Trucks Were Sold in March
- Top 10 Best-selling Electric Heavy-duty Dumper Brands in 2019
- Less Than 30000 Light Trucks were Sold in February
- JAC Heavy-duty Trucks Sales in February Totaled 1415 Units