GM to export Wuling mini-vans under Chevy brand
General Motors said on Auguest 13 that it will sell mini-commercial vehicles made by SAIC-GM-Wuling, one of its joint ventures in China, to emerging markets in North Africa, South America and the Middle East, media reported.
The vehicles are made by SAIC-GM-Wuling Automobile Co., which is GM's commercial vehicle venture in China with SAIC Motor (owning 50.1%) and Liuzhou Wuling Auto. GM currently owns 34% of the venture. SAIC-GM-Wuling began exporting the N200 series to Peru in July 2008 as the Chevrolet N200.
"This is an important example of how the new General Motors Company is leveraging our global resources at the local level," said Kevin Wale, president and managing director for GM's China operations.
GM has been seeking to increase its holding in the booming commercial vehicle venture. Reportedly, GM has secured an initial deal to take over Wuling Auto's 15.9% stake in the venture for roughly 300 million yuan ($43.90 mln).
The U.S. auto giant also operates a passenger car venture in Shanghai with SAIC, making Buick, Chevrolet and Cadillac models. Yesterday, GM sold its 1 millionth vehicle in China this year.
- SAIC-GM-Wuling Sells 410,000 Vehicles in China in Q1 2013-04-22
- SAIC-GM-Wuling Sells 262,012 Vehicles in China in February 2013-03-11
- SAIC-GM-Wuling Fulfills 2012 Sales Target Ahead of Schedule 2012-12-31
- SAIC-GM-Wuling minivans set to enter India market 2010-02-23
- GM to form China venture, invest $293 million 2009-09-01
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021