Next GEN Scania Range Turns Record Sales
Scania has reported a 17 per cent rise in global net sales to a record SEK58.7 billion (A$9.1 billion) in a half year marked by the impact of its ‘New Truck Generation’.
Though the new vehicles are yet to land on Australian shores, that performance comes as the domestic operation sees 443 vehicles delivered, up 65 per cent for the year to date.
"The period was affected by a high investment level and increased production costs for double product ranges," Scania president and CEO Henrik Henriksson states.
"In spite of this, the company delivered a very strong performance thanks to strong demand for the new truck range and a continued positive trend in services.
"Earnings in the first half of 2017 amounted to SEK6.464 million, giving an operating margin of 11.0 per cent.
"Order bookings for trucks rose by 29 per cent compared to the same period last year.
"Demand for trucks in Europe is holding up due to the favourable economic situation and Scania’s market share for trucks in Europe remains strong at 16.8 per cent.
"The trend in Latin America is positive and we see increased demand in Brazil from very low levels, mainly related to increased activity in the agricultural sector.
"In Eurasia, the trend in demand is positive as Russia is continuing to recover.
"In Asia, demand increased thanks to a good sales performance, particularly in China and Iran.
"In Asia, the European truck segment is growing in line with the advancement of the logistics systems − a development largely driven by the major e-commerce players. "
SCANIA SERVICES BOOM
The positive note continues in Scania’s other segments – such as Engines and Buses and Coaches – but also in fleet services.
"Service revenue amounted to a record high SEK11.7 billion, an increase of 12 per cent," Henriksson continues.
"This was driven by high uptime in customer vehicle fleets and an increase in services directly or indirectly generated from the 270,000 connected vehicles in the Scania fleet.
"Connectivity is an important business driver, which is enabling Scania to offer customers more efficient services aimed at improving their profitability.
"Financial Services reported operating income of SEK520 million and credit losses remain at low levels."
- Scania to Start Making Trucks in China After Acquiring Nantong Gaokai 2020-11-25
- Scania’s Production Worldwide Completes Fossil-free Transition 2020-09-01
- Scania to Deliver 75 Battery Electric Trucks to ASKO in Norway 2020-05-27
- FULONGMA, Scania Launch 3rd-generation Compression Garbage Truck in Hong Kong 2020-04-10
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2019 2020-03-25
- Scania Suspends Truck Production in Europe Over COVID-19 2020-03-20
- Scania Dedicated to Help Chinese Users Succeed in a Challenging Market 2020-01-15
- Scania Delivers Its 7000th Trucks in Hongkong 2019-11-22
- Scania Jining Repair Factory Starts Operation 2019-09-12
- Scania Expands Its Presence to Northeast China 2019-04-01
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
- XCMG Makes Global Top Three on KHL’s Yellow Table 2021 for the First Time
- Volvo Trucks and DFDS Cooperate to Run Electric Supply Chain Transports
- Foreign Envoys Come to Shaanqi for a Visit
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Showcase Latest Products And Technologies
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Open Its Doors
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY
- UP!UP!UP!JAC Group’s Export Makes a Sharp Growth of 125% YOY in H1
- China’s Sales Volume of New Energy Heavy-duty Truck Reached 378 Units in May
- SHACMAN Sold 31,400 Units Heavy-duty Self-dumping Trucks in China in May
- Jiefang’s Sales Volume Reached 298,826 Units from January to May
- GWM’s Sales Volume in Australia and New Zealand Ranks Top Ten, Hitting a New H
- China’s Sales Volume of Heavy-duty Trucks Reached 193,000 Units in April
- China Sold 233,000 Units Light Trucks in April