Wabco launches OnLaneAssist Advanced Driver Assistance System at NACV
www.chinatrucks.com: Wabco, a global supplier of technologies that improve the safety, efficiency and connectivity of commercial vehicles, on Wednesday introduced OnLaneAssist, a safety technology for heavy-and medium-duty trucks and buses, according to a company statement.
Wabco’s OnLaneAssist is the first application of active steering technology in Wabco’s portfolio of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS).
The launch follows Wabco’s recent acquisition of RH Sheppard Co, a supplier of steering technologies for commercial vehicles, and signing of a cooperation agreement with Nexteer Automotive, which is involved in intuitive motion control.
Wabco made the announcement at the inaugural North American Commercial Vehicle Show (NACV) at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia. The company is displaying its most advanced technologies, which mobilise vehicle intelligence to support the industry’s vision of autonomous driving.
Wabco’s OnLaneAssist helps improve commercial vehicle safety and driver comfort by avoiding collisions related to unintentional lane departures.
It leverages active steering technology and a forward-looking camera to provide active lane correction functionality.OnLaneAssist contributes to vehicle safety by detecting lane markings and continuously evaluating the vehicle’s position relative to them.
It also distinguishes between planned lane changes and lane drifting. In case of lane drifting, the system autonomously intervenes before the vehicle unintendedly leaves its lane by applying a correction torque to the steering wheel to return the vehicle towards the lane center.
OnLaneAssist also smoothly releases the torque as soon as the proper driving path is re-established.
OnLaneAssist is Wabco’s first Advanced Driver Assistance System based on Sheppard’s US market-leading steering technology integrated with Nexteer’s steering automation technology.
Wabco’s acquisition of Sheppard provides key capabilities for lateral vehicle control through active steering, complementing Wabco’s technologies in longitudinal control through active braking, stability and suspension controls.
Full dynamic control of commercial vehicles – lateral and longitudinal – is necessary to progressively achieve the industry’s vision of autonomous driving.
“OnLaneAssist represents another important milestone on the commercial vehicle industry’s roadmap towards autonomous driving,” said Jorge Solis, President, Truck, Bus and Car Original Equipment Manufacturers Division, Wabco.
- WABCO Shareholders Approve ZF Friedrichshafen Acquisition 2019-07-02
- Changchun WABCO Vehicle Control System Co., Ltd. Starts Operation 2019-03-01
- WABCO Signs Deal with Hyundai to Supply Advanced Techs for New Medium Trucks 2018-11-12
- Wabco Announces JV in China with FAW Jiefang for CV Safety Products 2018-09-25
- IAA 2018: WABCO to Display Industry's First Electric Trailer Prototype 2018-09-17
- Wabco Launches First Customer Care Center in North America 2018-08-03
- WABCO Signs First Deal to Export Power Steering Syetem to India Tata Motors 2018-07-16
- WABCO Achieves a New annual Record for Customer Awards and Industry Recognition 2018-06-15
- Sinotruk Extends Cooperation Agreement with WABCO on ADAS, AMT, EBS, ECAS Tech 2018-04-12
- Wabco Stood Out among Other Suppliers to Win Two Awards from Sinotruk 2018-03-15
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
- XCMG Makes Global Top Three on KHL’s Yellow Table 2021 for the First Time
- Volvo Trucks and DFDS Cooperate to Run Electric Supply Chain Transports
- Foreign Envoys Come to Shaanqi for a Visit
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Showcase Latest Products And Technologies
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Open Its Doors
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY
- UP!UP!UP!JAC Group’s Export Makes a Sharp Growth of 125% YOY in H1
- China’s Sales Volume of New Energy Heavy-duty Truck Reached 378 Units in May
- SHACMAN Sold 31,400 Units Heavy-duty Self-dumping Trucks in China in May
- Jiefang’s Sales Volume Reached 298,826 Units from January to May
- GWM’s Sales Volume in Australia and New Zealand Ranks Top Ten, Hitting a New H
- China’s Sales Volume of Heavy-duty Trucks Reached 193,000 Units in April
- China Sold 233,000 Units Light Trucks in April