SAF-Holland Gets a Milestone Order from China's Changjiu Special Vehicle Group
Global commercial vehicle supplier SAF-HOLLAND reports receiving a “milestone” order from the Chinese transportation vehicle and trailer manufacturer Changjiu as equipment demand and more stringent safety regulations drive SAF-HOLLAND expansion in the region.
Changjiu Special Vehicle Group will now equip its semi-trailers with axle and suspension systems from SAF-HOLLAND using special low loader axle systems equipped with the SAF MODUL air suspension system. The delivery agreement covers a period of five years with delivery of the first systems already underway. Sales of around EUR 15 million are expected in 2018 under this agreement.
The main driver of the strong demand for weight-reduced truck and trailer components in China is the restrictions on the total weight permitted for vehicles and truck and trailer combinations, which were introduced in September 2016. This has sparked increasing customer interest in more sophisticated, weight-saving systems, such as those offered by SAF-HOLLAND, according to the company.
At the same time, dimension limits and loading regulations introduced for the vehicle transportation segment came into effect, which has led to a significant reduction in the number of transportable vehicles per semi-trailer. As a result, experts assume that it will be necessary to expand existing transportation capacity in this segment by 20% to 40%.
In addition, the new GB 7258 regulation, which will take effect in stages, prescribes the use of disc brakes and air suspensions for all trucks and trailers transporting dangerous goods for safety reasons. As a specialist in this field, SAF-HOLLAND therefore expects to see favorable opportunities for further sales and earnings growth in China.
“As a result of the new legislation, we expect demand for new trucks and trailers in China to remain high in the years ahead, especially for the transportation of dangerous goods and vehicles. In order to fulfill the legal requirements, components must meet stringent quality and safety requirements,” explains SAF-HOLLAND CEO Detlef Borghardt. “The premium segment, where SAF-HOLLAND is well positioned with its product portfolio and years of expertise, stands to benefit the most from these requirements.”
Additionally, SAF-HOLLAND Group is significantly expanding its production capacity in China to realize the region's strong expected organic growth in the years ahead, particularly for modern trailer axle and suspension systems.
CFO Dr Matthias Heiden sees China as one of the most important growth markets for the transportation industry. "With this milestone contract and our greenfield investment, we are laying the groundwork for our company's long-term and profitable growth in this region," Heiden says. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Changjiu Chuzhou Base Officially Put into Production 2017-10-16
- Changjiu Group Chuzhou Factory Secures an Order of 1,000 Center-Axle Vehicles 2017-09-18
- Wei Chai Special Vehicle Launched Its WT160 Wide-body Mining Truck 2022-02-17
- XCMG Brings Six Star Vehicles On Display at Liangshan Special Vehicle Expo 2018-09-30
- Special Vehicle Turns a Record Production to 1.2 Million Units 2017-08-03
- China Purchased Various Special Vehicles with a Total Value of Nearly 700 Million RMB in October 2015-11-12
- 16 New Beiben Special Vehicles for Muck Transport Landing Harbin 2015-07-03
- ZX AUTO Won 213 Units Order from China Power Grid’s Tender 2015-01-29
- Sinotruk Launches Equal-stiffness Lightweight Dumpers 2014-05-19
- Sinotruk Special Vehicles Secures Big Order in Shanxi 2014-04-29
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- World’s First All-electric Scania Car Transporter Goes into Service
- China’s First Mining Specialized Remote Sensing Satellite Launched
- SINOTRUK Delivers Full Year 2022 Results, Heavy Truck Sales Down 52.50%
- FOTON and Cummins Team up to Build a New Engine Plant in Thailand
- SANY Awarded as 2022 Forbes China TOP 50 Sustainable DEV Industrial Enterprises
- Daimler Trucks and Buses Signs Deal with XCMG Fire Fighting
- FAW Jiefang Sichuan Branch Was Officially Established
- Bus & Truck Expo Set to be Held in May 2023
- Yutong, SCG Signed MoU for Green Mining in Thailand
- CAT Displays Its First Battery Electric Large Mining Truck
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Half Year Review of Commercial Vehicle Sales
- China Exported 63,000 Trucks in May, Up 33% YoY
- Top 10 Best-selling Battery-swapping Heavy Trucks in China in April
- China Exported 158,000 Trucks in Q1, Up 41% YoY
- China’s Truck Exports Grew by 43.8% YoY to 46600 Units in Feb., 2023
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Rising 29% YOY to 77200 in Feb
- China Exports 567,000 Trucks in 2022, Hitting a New High in a Decade
- China’s Pickup Exports Jumped 65% YOY in 2022
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 42% YOY to 53,000 Units in November
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Fell by 9% YoY to 46000 Units in Nov.