SAF-Holland Gets a Milestone Order from China's Changjiu Special Vehicle Group
Global commercial vehicle supplier SAF-HOLLAND reports receiving a “milestone” order from the Chinese transportation vehicle and trailer manufacturer Changjiu as equipment demand and more stringent safety regulations drive SAF-HOLLAND expansion in the region.
Changjiu Special Vehicle Group will now equip its semi-trailers with axle and suspension systems from SAF-HOLLAND using special low loader axle systems equipped with the SAF MODUL air suspension system. The delivery agreement covers a period of five years with delivery of the first systems already underway. Sales of around EUR 15 million are expected in 2018 under this agreement.
The main driver of the strong demand for weight-reduced truck and trailer components in China is the restrictions on the total weight permitted for vehicles and truck and trailer combinations, which were introduced in September 2016. This has sparked increasing customer interest in more sophisticated, weight-saving systems, such as those offered by SAF-HOLLAND, according to the company.
At the same time, dimension limits and loading regulations introduced for the vehicle transportation segment came into effect, which has led to a significant reduction in the number of transportable vehicles per semi-trailer. As a result, experts assume that it will be necessary to expand existing transportation capacity in this segment by 20% to 40%.
In addition, the new GB 7258 regulation, which will take effect in stages, prescribes the use of disc brakes and air suspensions for all trucks and trailers transporting dangerous goods for safety reasons. As a specialist in this field, SAF-HOLLAND therefore expects to see favorable opportunities for further sales and earnings growth in China.
“As a result of the new legislation, we expect demand for new trucks and trailers in China to remain high in the years ahead, especially for the transportation of dangerous goods and vehicles. In order to fulfill the legal requirements, components must meet stringent quality and safety requirements,” explains SAF-HOLLAND CEO Detlef Borghardt. “The premium segment, where SAF-HOLLAND is well positioned with its product portfolio and years of expertise, stands to benefit the most from these requirements.”
Additionally, SAF-HOLLAND Group is significantly expanding its production capacity in China to realize the region's strong expected organic growth in the years ahead, particularly for modern trailer axle and suspension systems.
CFO Dr Matthias Heiden sees China as one of the most important growth markets for the transportation industry. "With this milestone contract and our greenfield investment, we are laying the groundwork for our company's long-term and profitable growth in this region," Heiden says. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Changjiu Chuzhou Base Officially Put into Production 2017-10-16
- Changjiu Group Chuzhou Factory Secures an Order of 1,000 Center-Axle Vehicles 2017-09-18
- XCMG Brings Six Star Vehicles On Display at Liangshan Special Vehicle Expo 2018-09-30
- Special Vehicle Turns a Record Production to 1.2 Million Units 2017-08-03
- China Purchased Various Special Vehicles with a Total Value of Nearly 700 Million RMB in October 2015-11-12
- 16 New Beiben Special Vehicles for Muck Transport Landing Harbin 2015-07-03
- ZX AUTO Won 213 Units Order from China Power Grid’s Tender 2015-01-29
- Sinotruk Launches Equal-stiffness Lightweight Dumpers 2014-05-19
- Sinotruk Special Vehicles Secures Big Order in Shanxi 2014-04-29
- Sinotruk Qingdao First Quarter Sales Grew 87% 2014-04-09
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY