Peterbilt's 386 LNG receives SmartWay designation
www.chinatrucks.com: Peterbilt says it is the first manufacturer to have an alternative fuel-powered vehicle verified by the EPA SmartWay program.
The Model 386 liquefied natural gas (LNG)-powered truck is the latest Peterbilt to join SmartWay ranks, which already includes the Models 587, 384 and diesel-powered 386.
"Peterbilt is proud that the Model 386 LNG has been recognized as the industry's first alternative fueled vehicle to obtain SmartWay designation," said Bill Jackson, Peterbilt general manager and Paccar vice-president. "The Model 386 LNG SmartWay-designated vehicle offers optimal fuel and emissions efficiency with horsepower and torque equal to a diesel-fueled engine, making it the ultimate environmentally sound performance solution for customers, and further demonstrates Peterbilt as an industry leader in developing innovative quality products."
The Model 386 LNG is powered by the Westport GX engine, with up to 475 hp and 1,750 lb.-ft. of torque. The 15-litre engine uses high-pressure direct injection (HPDI) technology, specialized cryogenic fuel tanks and the associated electronics to provide optimum performance and reliability, the company claims. LNG is available at a lower cost than diesel and reduces greenhouse gas emissions by about 25% without sacrificing engine torque, power, fuel economy or drivability, Peterbilt says.
- Peterbilt’s New Model 567 in Full Production 2013-12-30
- Peterbilt to host Customer Experience in Montreal 2012-07-20
- Peterbilt Model 579 production begins 2012-07-16
- Peterbilt to offer ISX12 G engine 2012-06-27
- Peterbilt to offer ISX12 G 2012-06-25
- Peterbilt intros new features for Model 320 2011-09-20
- Peterbilt dealers encouraging drivers to buckle up 2011-08-16
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks 2017-10-11
- China LNG Group Introduces 50 Units SHACMAN LNG Trucks 2017-08-09
- 160 Units of SINOTRUK LNG Dump Truck Delivered at Shanghai Port 2017-02-21
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks
- Gas Trucks boom in China as Government Curbs Diesel Trucks
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April