Peterbilt's 386 LNG receives SmartWay designation
www.chinatrucks.com: Peterbilt says it is the first manufacturer to have an alternative fuel-powered vehicle verified by the EPA SmartWay program.
The Model 386 liquefied natural gas (LNG)-powered truck is the latest Peterbilt to join SmartWay ranks, which already includes the Models 587, 384 and diesel-powered 386.
"Peterbilt is proud that the Model 386 LNG has been recognized as the industry's first alternative fueled vehicle to obtain SmartWay designation," said Bill Jackson, Peterbilt general manager and Paccar vice-president. "The Model 386 LNG SmartWay-designated vehicle offers optimal fuel and emissions efficiency with horsepower and torque equal to a diesel-fueled engine, making it the ultimate environmentally sound performance solution for customers, and further demonstrates Peterbilt as an industry leader in developing innovative quality products."
The Model 386 LNG is powered by the Westport GX engine, with up to 475 hp and 1,750 lb.-ft. of torque. The 15-litre engine uses high-pressure direct injection (HPDI) technology, specialized cryogenic fuel tanks and the associated electronics to provide optimum performance and reliability, the company claims. LNG is available at a lower cost than diesel and reduces greenhouse gas emissions by about 25% without sacrificing engine torque, power, fuel economy or drivability, Peterbilt says.
- Autonomous Trucks from TuSimple, Peterbilt Attract Public Attention at CES Show 2018-01-12
- Peterbilt’s New Model 567 in Full Production 2013-12-30
- Peterbilt to host Customer Experience in Montreal 2012-07-20
- Peterbilt Model 579 production begins 2012-07-16
- Peterbilt to offer ISX12 G engine 2012-06-27
- Peterbilt to offer ISX12 G 2012-06-25
- Peterbilt intros new features for Model 320 2011-09-20
- Peterbilt dealers encouraging drivers to buckle up 2011-08-16
- SAIC Hongyan Launches LNG Genlyon Trucks 2019-10-29
- FAW Jiefang Releases New Generation of LNG Trucks in Taiyuan 2019-10-24
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- The Third China Heavy-duty Truck Bo’ao Forum Held in Hainan
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha
- SHACMAN Industrial Park Starts Operation
- JAC and Huawei Signed a Comprehensive Cooperation Framework Agreement
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Attends 2019 China Int'l Heavy-duty Truck Fair
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery
- China's Heavy-duty Truck Sales Continue to Climb in November
- XCMG Signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with China Unicom on 5G
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sales Expected to Exceed One Million Units Annually
- FAW Jiefang’s New Production Base Starts Construction in Liuzhou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Hit New Annual High in 2019
- China Sold 518,700 Units Tractors in November
- China Sold 102,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Reached 17,456 Units in November
- China Sold 357,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in October
- Sales of Pickups in Beijing Soared by 539% from January to September
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September