Peterbilt's 386 LNG receives SmartWay designation
www.chinatrucks.com: Peterbilt says it is the first manufacturer to have an alternative fuel-powered vehicle verified by the EPA SmartWay program.
The Model 386 liquefied natural gas (LNG)-powered truck is the latest Peterbilt to join SmartWay ranks, which already includes the Models 587, 384 and diesel-powered 386.
"Peterbilt is proud that the Model 386 LNG has been recognized as the industry's first alternative fueled vehicle to obtain SmartWay designation," said Bill Jackson, Peterbilt general manager and Paccar vice-president. "The Model 386 LNG SmartWay-designated vehicle offers optimal fuel and emissions efficiency with horsepower and torque equal to a diesel-fueled engine, making it the ultimate environmentally sound performance solution for customers, and further demonstrates Peterbilt as an industry leader in developing innovative quality products."
The Model 386 LNG is powered by the Westport GX engine, with up to 475 hp and 1,750 lb.-ft. of torque. The 15-litre engine uses high-pressure direct injection (HPDI) technology, specialized cryogenic fuel tanks and the associated electronics to provide optimum performance and reliability, the company claims. LNG is available at a lower cost than diesel and reduces greenhouse gas emissions by about 25% without sacrificing engine torque, power, fuel economy or drivability, Peterbilt says.
- Autonomous Trucks from TuSimple, Peterbilt Attract Public Attention at CES Show 2018-01-12
- Peterbilt’s New Model 567 in Full Production 2013-12-30
- Peterbilt to host Customer Experience in Montreal 2012-07-20
- Peterbilt Model 579 production begins 2012-07-16
- Peterbilt to offer ISX12 G engine 2012-06-27
- Peterbilt to offer ISX12 G 2012-06-25
- Peterbilt intros new features for Model 320 2011-09-20
- Peterbilt dealers encouraging drivers to buckle up 2011-08-16
- Sinotruk J7G LNG Tractor Highly Favored by Logistics Company 2018-06-07
- SHACMAN Delong X3000 LNG Truck and M3000 CNG Truck Set to Make Splashes 2018-05-17
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November