WABCO Introduces Electronically Controlled Air Suspension Technology to Truck Market in China
www.chinatrucks.com: WABCO Holdings Inc. (NYSE:WBC), a leading global supplier of technologies to improve the safety and efficiency of commercial vehicles, today announced that it further expanded its market-leading electronically controlled air suspension (ECAS) technology – now branded OptiRide™ – to the truck market in China. As a result, China National Heavy Truck Corporation (CNHTC), one of China’s largest producers of heavy-duty trucks, has adopted WABCO’s OptiRide in series production on multiple truck platforms across a range of axle configurations. The announcement was made at IAA Commercial Vehicles 2014 in Hanover, Germany.
WABCO is the first and only supplier of electronically controlled air suspension technology for truck and bus manufacturers in China, the world’s largest commercial vehicle market. The company has already equipped around 40,000 buses on Chinese roads with its industry-leading OptiRide systems.
“Equipping our trucks with WABCO’s electronically controlled air suspension is a major differentiator for CNHTC in vehicle efficiency and driver comfort, reflecting WABCO’s continued success in adapting its technology portfolio to the specific requirements of the Chinese market,” said Cai Dong, President, CNHTC. “WABCO’s OptiRide technology helps CNHTC to offer lower total cost of vehicle ownership, increased fuel economy and reduced emissions to our truck customers.”
WABCO’s award-winning ECAS technology, the global industry’s best-selling solution for electronic control of air suspension, delivers fuel savings of up to 5 percent under certain conditions, while providing optimal ride performance. OptiRide also supports the gross weight reduction of trucks by replacing conventional steel-spring suspension, resulting in further vehicle efficiency.
Unlike steel-spring suspension, WABCO’s OptiRide enables lifting and lowering of the vehicle, resulting in more efficient cargo handling and operating time savings. It provides automatic load transfer to mitigate axle overload, which helps to reduce vehicle wear-and-tear and other operational costs. With appropriate axle configuration, OptiRide’s function for automatic load transfer improves vehicle traction and eases steering. In addition, OptiRide offers an optional function for axle load monitoring that automatically warns the driver in case of overload, which can further lower total cost of vehicle ownership.
“Our industry-leading OptiRide electronically controlled air suspension is already strongly differentiating trucks and buses and their performance on roads in China, demonstrating yet another first-to-market success by WABCO,” said Leon Liu, WABCO President, Truck, Bus & Car Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) Division. “WABCO continues to show an unmatched ability to anticipate the safety and efficiency needs for tomorrow’s commercial vehicles in different regions of the world.”
“Our Chinese customers value WABCO’s product development, engineering and system integration, resulting in optimal local solutions that advance vehicle safety and efficiency,” said Suije Yu, WABCO Vice President, Asia Pacific. “As the first and only electronically controlled air suspension system in China, OptiRide further differentiates WABCO as the brand of choice.”
Building on the company’s track record of more than 25 years of technology leadership in ECAS systems, WABCO’s latest solutions can be applied to truck, bus and trailer platforms worldwide, while also optimally adapting to any variety of axle configurations.
- WABCO Shareholders Approve ZF Friedrichshafen Acquisition 2019-07-02
- Changchun WABCO Vehicle Control System Co., Ltd. Starts Operation 2019-03-01
- WABCO Signs Deal with Hyundai to Supply Advanced Techs for New Medium Trucks 2018-11-12
- Wabco Announces JV in China with FAW Jiefang for CV Safety Products 2018-09-25
- IAA 2018: WABCO to Display Industry's First Electric Trailer Prototype 2018-09-17
- Wabco Launches First Customer Care Center in North America 2018-08-03
- WABCO Signs First Deal to Export Power Steering Syetem to India Tata Motors 2018-07-16
- WABCO Achieves a New annual Record for Customer Awards and Industry Recognition 2018-06-15
- Sinotruk Extends Cooperation Agreement with WABCO on ADAS, AMT, EBS, ECAS Tech 2018-04-12
- Wabco Stood Out among Other Suppliers to Win Two Awards from Sinotruk 2018-03-15
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- The Third China Heavy-duty Truck Bo’ao Forum Held in Hainan
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha
- SHACMAN Industrial Park Starts Operation
- JAC and Huawei Signed a Comprehensive Cooperation Framework Agreement
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Attends 2019 China Int'l Heavy-duty Truck Fair
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery
- China's Heavy-duty Truck Sales Continue to Climb in November
- XCMG Signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with China Unicom on 5G
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sales Expected to Exceed One Million Units Annually
- FAW Jiefang’s New Production Base Starts Construction in Liuzhou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Hit New Annual High in 2019
- China Sold 518,700 Units Tractors in November
- China Sold 102,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Reached 17,456 Units in November
- China Sold 357,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in October
- Sales of Pickups in Beijing Soared by 539% from January to September
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September