WABCO Introduces Electronically Controlled Air Suspension Technology to Truck Market in China
www.chinatrucks.com: WABCO Holdings Inc. (NYSE:WBC), a leading global supplier of technologies to improve the safety and efficiency of commercial vehicles, today announced that it further expanded its market-leading electronically controlled air suspension (ECAS) technology – now branded OptiRide™ – to the truck market in China. As a result, China National Heavy Truck Corporation (CNHTC), one of China’s largest producers of heavy-duty trucks, has adopted WABCO’s OptiRide in series production on multiple truck platforms across a range of axle configurations. The announcement was made at IAA Commercial Vehicles 2014 in Hanover, Germany.
WABCO is the first and only supplier of electronically controlled air suspension technology for truck and bus manufacturers in China, the world’s largest commercial vehicle market. The company has already equipped around 40,000 buses on Chinese roads with its industry-leading OptiRide systems.
“Equipping our trucks with WABCO’s electronically controlled air suspension is a major differentiator for CNHTC in vehicle efficiency and driver comfort, reflecting WABCO’s continued success in adapting its technology portfolio to the specific requirements of the Chinese market,” said Cai Dong, President, CNHTC. “WABCO’s OptiRide technology helps CNHTC to offer lower total cost of vehicle ownership, increased fuel economy and reduced emissions to our truck customers.”
WABCO’s award-winning ECAS technology, the global industry’s best-selling solution for electronic control of air suspension, delivers fuel savings of up to 5 percent under certain conditions, while providing optimal ride performance. OptiRide also supports the gross weight reduction of trucks by replacing conventional steel-spring suspension, resulting in further vehicle efficiency.
Unlike steel-spring suspension, WABCO’s OptiRide enables lifting and lowering of the vehicle, resulting in more efficient cargo handling and operating time savings. It provides automatic load transfer to mitigate axle overload, which helps to reduce vehicle wear-and-tear and other operational costs. With appropriate axle configuration, OptiRide’s function for automatic load transfer improves vehicle traction and eases steering. In addition, OptiRide offers an optional function for axle load monitoring that automatically warns the driver in case of overload, which can further lower total cost of vehicle ownership.
“Our industry-leading OptiRide electronically controlled air suspension is already strongly differentiating trucks and buses and their performance on roads in China, demonstrating yet another first-to-market success by WABCO,” said Leon Liu, WABCO President, Truck, Bus & Car Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) Division. “WABCO continues to show an unmatched ability to anticipate the safety and efficiency needs for tomorrow’s commercial vehicles in different regions of the world.”
“Our Chinese customers value WABCO’s product development, engineering and system integration, resulting in optimal local solutions that advance vehicle safety and efficiency,” said Suije Yu, WABCO Vice President, Asia Pacific. “As the first and only electronically controlled air suspension system in China, OptiRide further differentiates WABCO as the brand of choice.”
Building on the company’s track record of more than 25 years of technology leadership in ECAS systems, WABCO’s latest solutions can be applied to truck, bus and trailer platforms worldwide, while also optimally adapting to any variety of axle configurations.
- Wabco Launches First Customer Care Center in North America 2018-08-03
- WABCO Signs First Deal to Export Power Steering Syetem to India Tata Motors 2018-07-16
- WABCO Achieves a New annual Record for Customer Awards and Industry Recognition 2018-06-15
- Sinotruk Extends Cooperation Agreement with WABCO on ADAS, AMT, EBS, ECAS Tech 2018-04-12
- Wabco Stood Out among Other Suppliers to Win Two Awards from Sinotruk 2018-03-15
- Wabco Invests $10 Million in Nikola Motor, Looks to Advance Safety for EV 2017-12-28
- WABCO and Dongfeng Liuzhou Strengthen Strategic Partnership in China 2017-12-20
- Wabco launches OnLaneAssist Advanced Driver Assistance System at NACV 2017-09-28
- WABCO Signs Deal with a Major Global Maker of Trucks and Buses on mBSP Tech 2017-08-17
- Wabco Extends Global Supply Deal with Daimler Trucks 2017-06-29
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November