Worldwide Annual Electric Truck Sales May Reach 332,000 by 2026
www.chinatrucks.com: A new report from Navigant Research forecasts sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks for each major world region, segmented by electrified powertrain type, including hybrid, plug-in hybrid, battery electric, and hydrogen fuel cell, through 2026.
Global annual electrified powertrain medium- and heavy-duty truck sales are expected to grow from about 31,000 vehicles in 2016 to nearly 332,000 by 2026.
As local and national governments impose stricter emissions targets for commercial vehicles, they are also looking for ways to incentivize fleets to invest in medium and heavy-duty fuel efficiency technologies as well as cleaner-burning fuels, according to Navigant.
Though conventional diesel-powered vehicles are becoming cleaner and more efficient, the added initial and operating costs associated with these changes are helping to reduce the incremental cost of moving to electric-assisted and all-electric powertrains.
“New and established suppliers are starting to offer alternative powertrains as well as complete electric vehicles for niche applications,” said David Alexander, senior research analyst for Navigant Research. “Limited daily range and a drive cycle featuring a lot of stopping and starting are applications that benefit most from electric drive capabilities, and delivery and refuse collection vehicles are expected to be the primary targets in the short term.”
Technology advances and production experience in the bus market can be transferred readily to trucks, and the growing demand for electric cars has stimulated investment in battery manufacture that has resulted in falling battery pack costs, according to the report. However, even with these positive factors, electric drive trucks are still expected to remain a niche market, at around 5% of sales in 2026.
The report, Electric Drive Trucks, breaks the forecasts for the global truck market into medium duty trucks and heavy duty trucks for each major world region. Both of these vehicle categories are assessed for potential sales of electrified powertrain types: hybrid (gasoline and diesel), plug-in hybrid (gasoline and diesel), battery electric, and hydrogen fuel cell. Global market forecasts for annual sales, segmented by region and powertrain type, extend through 2026.
- FOTON Pure Electric Truck to be Rolled off in the Next June 2016-12-16
- BAIC-FOTON Pure Electric Truck to Roll off in June 2017 2016-12-06
- BYD Partners with U.S. Firm to Launch All-electric Garbage Truck 2016-12-05
- 500 Electric Logistics Aoxin Carriers Delivered To Yunda 2015-12-02
- 2832 Pure Electric Commercial Vehicles Produced in May 2015-06-12
- 1781 Pure Electric Commercial Vehicles Produced in April 2015-05-12
- JAC launched first pure electric light trucks 2015-03-16
- New energy vehicles production has an increase of 3 times 2015-01-12
- HD truck downtrun while EV hot sales in November 2014-12-10
- World's First Electric Mining Vehicle Developed successfully in Baotou 2014-10-09
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Dayun New N8E6×2 Cargo Truck Coming Soon
- XCMG Brazil Lead the Standard Establishment of Brazilian Crane Industry
- ZTO Purchases 100 More Units of Dongfeng Chenglong H7
- Worldwide Annual Electric Truck Sales May Reach 332,000 by 2026
- China Paving a Way for Autonomous Trucks
- FotonDaimler Delivered 1000 Auman ETX to Wanqiang Logistics
- CHMC TRAGO Won 51 Orders in Qingdao
- Yuchai Ranks the First on the List of Guangxi Top 100 Innovation Enterprises
- FAW Won China Best Employer Award 2016
- The 40000th JAC GALLOP Rolled Off the Production Line
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Sales Ranking of Light Truck (including LFN) Manufacturers in November
- The Sales Report of Medium Trucks in November Released
- The Sales Report of Heavy Trucks in November Released
- Dongfeng Light Trucks Climbed 45% in November
- Light Trucks Sales in October Ranking Released
- Lifan Ranked No.1 in the October Medium Trucks Sales Ranking
- Heavy Trucks Market Patter to Be Formed in the End of 2016
- Truck Manufacturers Sales Report of October Released
- Heavy Truck Market Had a Good Performance in October
- CNG Heavy Truck Market Rose for the Three Consecutive Months