Renault and JMCG Officially Establish a Joint Venture for EVs
Groupe Renault and Jiangling Motors Corporation Group (JMCG) announced the official establishment of their joint venture to further promote the development of the EV industry in China, following a first agreement on December 20, 2018. Groupe Renault will increase its share capital by RMB 1 billion (about 128.5 million euros) to become a major shareholder of JMEV with a 50% stake. JMEV has already completed business license registration.
This cooperation is part of the overall strategy of JMCG and Groupe Renault. Through this joint venture, Groupe Renault will be able to expand its influence in China’s electric vehicle market, while JMCG will be able to integrate and leverage more resources, which will promote its rapid growth in the future.
"China is a key market for Groupe Renault. This partnership in electric vehicle business with JMCG will support our growth plan in China and our EV capabilities. As a pioneer and leader in the European EV market for 10 years, we will capitalize on our experience in EV R&D, production, sales and services, said Mr. Francois Provost, Senior Vice President, Chairman of China Region, Groupe Renault."
"Adhering to the concept of openness and cooperation, JMCG is one of the first domestic enterprises to introduce international strategic partners. By partnering with Groupe Renault, JMEV will be able to elevate its comprehensive competitiveness to a new level and penetrate into China’s electric vehicle market, said Mr. Qiu Tiangao, Chairman of JMCG."
Set up in 2015, JMEV is a subsidiary of the JMCG. Once created, JMEV quickly obtained the certification to manufacture battery electric passenger vehicles and made rapid breakthroughs in building up its research capability, supply chain, production capacity and market deployment, forming a full value-chain operation ecosystem in R&D, production, supply and sales for complete vehicle and critical components. The company has become a prominent player in China’s electric vehicle market operated by a young and energetic team.
JMEV will continuously complete its deployment in EV and connectivity technologies and strive to build a full range of new vehicles to support the EVEASY Brand.
- JMC Signs Cooperation Agreements with 11 logistics Service Companies in Jiangxi 2019-12-24
- JMC Launched New Range into South Africa 2019-06-05
- Six Best Light Trucks Recommended for 2019 2019-02-28
- JMC Rolls Out Kairui 800HP Truck 2019-01-30
- JMC Kaiyun Powerful Edition Awarded as 2018 Recommended logistics Vehicle 2018-11-28
- JMC Weilong Wide body HV5 Coming Off Line and Set to Launch Next Month 2018-10-25
- JMC Kairui EV Secures Another 2,000 units’ Bulk Order 2018-08-01
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network 2018-07-06
- JMC Lands One More Big Deal for 2,100 Kairui EV Trucks 2018-06-27
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018 2018-06-25
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- The Third China Heavy-duty Truck Bo’ao Forum Held in Hainan
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha
- SHACMAN Industrial Park Starts Operation
- JAC and Huawei Signed a Comprehensive Cooperation Framework Agreement
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Attends 2019 China Int'l Heavy-duty Truck Fair
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery
- China's Heavy-duty Truck Sales Continue to Climb in November
- XCMG Signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with China Unicom on 5G
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sales Expected to Exceed One Million Units Annually
- FAW Jiefang’s New Production Base Starts Construction in Liuzhou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Hit New Annual High in 2019
- China Sold 518,700 Units Tractors in November
- China Sold 102,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Reached 17,456 Units in November
- China Sold 357,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in October
- Sales of Pickups in Beijing Soared by 539% from January to September
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September