Allison Launches eGen Power™ for Medium and Heavy-Duty Commercial Trucks
Allison Transmission, the largest global manufacturer of medium- and heavy-duty fully automatic transmissions and a supplier of commercial vehicle propulsion solutions, including electric hybrid and fully electric propulsion systems, is pleased to announce the launch of eGen Power™, Allison’s new series of fully integrated zero emission electric axles.
The eGen Power product family will be the second product offering under the recently announced Allison eGen portfolio of fully electric and electric hybrid propulsion solutions. Allison will launch the eGen Power 100D, capable of a 23,000 lb GAWR, as the first electric axle variant within the eGen Power series of products. eGen Power electric axles will be manufactured in Allison’s recently completed 110,000 square foot electric axle development and manufacturing facility in Auburn Hills, Michigan.
The eGen Power 100D is one of the most powerful and fully integrated e-axle systems in the world for medium- and heavy-duty trucks. It features two electric motors capable of generating 200 kW of continuous power each, or 400 kW in total, with a peak combined power of 550 kW. The eGen Power 100D also integrates a two-speed transmission into the central housing. The two-speed transmission facilitates a high starting gradeability, top speed and efficiency as well as an optional differential lock. This efficiency advantage translates to increased range capability or a reduction in battery pack size, optimizing the economic value the eGen Power electric axles deliver.
These advantages are why Hino Trucks and Hexagon Purus chose to integrate the Allison eGen Power 100D into the Hino XL7 truck most recently showcased during the October 5, 2020 “Project Z” zero emission vehicle development program announcement by Hino Trucks.
“Hino Trucks and Allison Transmission have a long-standing partnership, as evidenced by our industry leading five-year powertrain warranty and Allison’s standard position in all Hino conventional trucks”, said Glenn Ellis, Senior Vice President of Customer Experience at Hino Trucks. “As we embark on our ZEV development program, Project Z, we are hopeful to incorporate Allison’s eGen Power e-axle into our future product offering.”
“Allison is continuing to build our electrification product portfolio under the Allison eGen brand, and we continue to advance those products through collaborative validation programs with leading truck original equipment manufacturers globally”, said Branden Harbin, Managing Director of Global Marketing at Allison Transmission. “Our promise to our customers is to provide the most reliable and valued propulsion solutions in the world to enable our customers to work more efficiently. We plan to continue to be a propulsion solution provider of choice, regardless of power source or propulsion type.”
- Allison Brings Vehicle Testing into State-of-the-Art Indianapolis Facility 2020-09-04
- ISUZU's New Gasoline-powered Class 5 Truck Features Allison Transmission 2020-08-03
- BAIC Foton Partners with AVIC MTI for Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Development 2020-10-23
- Jiefang Power Reported Engines Sales of 23,000 Units after Resuming Production 2020-03-12
- Dongfeng Longqing DT1420 Powertrain Starts Mass Production 2019-12-09
- Geely Joins Hands with Weichai to Develop Methanol Powered Heavy-duty Trucks 2019-10-18
- SDEC Power Attends 2019 Arch Moscow 2019-06-13
- Weichai Delivers Impressive Performances in Early 2019 2019-02-28
- Weichai Power Won National Science & Technology Progress First Prize 2019-01-10
- Shacman Delivers 100 Units NG Powered Trucks to Their Customer in Xinjiang 2018-09-19
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Foton Global Business Partners-Suppliers Conference Held in Xi’an
- Diplomatic Envoys from 12 Countries Visit SHACMAN
- XCMG exhibits Oriental Wisdom at Shanghai Bauma China 2020 Show
- More than 2,800 Exhibitors to Participate in Bauma CHINA
- Better World Better Sany - SANY at Bauma CHINA 2020
- Hyundai Reveals World’s First Hydrogen Fuel Cell Heavy-duty Truck at CIIE
- Daimler and Volvo Sign Binding Agreement to Form a Fuel-cell Joint Venture
- Dongfeng Special Vehicle Starts Building New Factory
- BAIC Foton Partners with AVIC MTI for Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Development
- Great Wall Set Up Auto Plant in Jingmen, Hubei Province
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China Sold 241,000 Units Heavy-duty Self-dumping Trucks from Jan. to Nov.
- Liuzhou Motor Sold 85,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in 2020
- China Sold 472,300 Units Commercial Vehicles in November
- China Sold 135,600 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Sold 41,574 Units Chassis for Light-weight Special Vehicles
- FAW South Africa Sold 1,344 Units Trucks from January to November
- Foton Saw Sales Growth for 7 Months in a Row
- China’s Sales Volume of Light Trucks Reached 203,400 Units in October
- China Recorded 129,000 Heavy-duty Truck Sales in Ocotber
- JAC Sold 185,025 Units Light Trucks from January to October