Cummins X15™ – Full Production, Full Success
www.chinatrucks.com: Think about this: the average amount of revenue lost during a single day of unplanned downtime is equal to the amount your fleet can save with a 2 percent increase in fuel economy over an entire year. That’s why having maximum uptime has to be your #1 priority. And Cummins X15 engines are delivering reliability and uptime over everything else.
With almost 20 years of refinement on the 15-liter platform, the X15 is one of the most reliable heavy-duty engines that the industry has seen in decades. In 2016, 35.4 percent of the entire Class 8 truck market was powered by Cummins, a full 4 share points ahead of the nearest competitor. Even more trucks are expected to be spec’ed with the X15 throughout 2017, as people are hearing firsthand from early movers about its performance and dependability.
Currently, 26,000 X15 engines have rolled off the line at Jamestown. Every intial forecast has been surpassed, with every single month this year exceeding expectations and a continual gap growing on demand.
Cummins continues to deliver best-in-class fuel economy with a 2-3 percent gain on the X15 Efficiency Series engines in the 400-450 horsepower range and 8-12 percent better mpg at 485-500 hp ratings. The use of ADEPT™ technologies, including SmartTorque2, Predictive Cruise Control and SmartCoast, contributes greatly to fuel efficiency and drivability. Downspeeding allows access to peak torque starting at just 1000 rpm. If you are currently running older equipment such as an EPA 2010 ISX15, you can expect to see up to 20 percent better fuel economy with a 2017 X15 Efficiency Series engine.
The X15 Performance Series engine for 2017 delivers the most powerful engine and engine brake combination in the industry. The engine brake delivers increased braking power where it is needed most, in the 1300-1700 rpm range. The high-flow ERG cooler, fuel pump and turbo compressor work together with high temperature exhaust valves and maximum piston cooling to enhance reliability and durability at higher output levels. Having peak torque available at 1150 rpm ensures exceptional fuel economy for a high-performance engine.
Extended maintenance intervals significantly reduce downtime and total cost of ownership for fleets by 40 percent over the first 500,000 miles vs. an EPA 2010 ISX15 engine. Oil changes can be extended as many as 80,000 miles with Cummins OilGuard program, and DPF maintenance is now needed only once every 600,000-800,000 miles.
Positive feedback from fleets who’ve purchased 2017 X15 engines validates the reliability, efficiency and drivability of these engines – showing the effectiveness of Cummins field testing, the most comprehensive in our history with a total of over 9 million miles of real-world experience. Trust us, we know what we’re doing. And the 15L is here to stay.
- Dongfeng Cummins Releases Pure Lubricant Products for Spare Parts 2021-07-21
- Cummins Selects Spain for Its Gigawatt Electrolyzer Plant with Iberdrola 2021-05-26
- Cummins Hydrogen Energy Engineering Center Starts Operation in Wuhan,China 2021-05-21
- Cummins Introduces New Heavy-duty Powertrain for Natural Gas Customers 2021-03-10
- Eaton Cummins Officially Starts Localized Production in China 2021-02-23
- Foton and Cummins Jointly Establish a New Joint Venture 2020-12-23
- Foton Cummins Rolls Off Its 100000th X Series Engine For the Year 2020 2020-12-17
- Cummins Rolls Out Two Natural Gas Engines with National VI Emission Standards 2020-09-30
- Cummins and Navistar Announce New Long-term Agreement 2020-08-17
- Cummins Releases 2019 Sustainability Progress Report 2020-07-22
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
- XCMG Makes Global Top Three on KHL’s Yellow Table 2021 for the First Time
- Volvo Trucks and DFDS Cooperate to Run Electric Supply Chain Transports
- Foreign Envoys Come to Shaanqi for a Visit
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Showcase Latest Products And Technologies
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Open Its Doors
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY
- UP!UP!UP!JAC Group’s Export Makes a Sharp Growth of 125% YOY in H1
- China’s Sales Volume of New Energy Heavy-duty Truck Reached 378 Units in May
- SHACMAN Sold 31,400 Units Heavy-duty Self-dumping Trucks in China in May
- Jiefang’s Sales Volume Reached 298,826 Units from January to May
- GWM’s Sales Volume in Australia and New Zealand Ranks Top Ten, Hitting a New H
- China’s Sales Volume of Heavy-duty Trucks Reached 193,000 Units in April
- China Sold 233,000 Units Light Trucks in April