Iran Khodro Diesel Launches Hyundai Trucks’ Assembly Line
Iran Khodro Diesel, a local truck-maker and a subsidiary of Iran Khodro Company, has launched the assembly line for two Hyundai trucks.
IKD and the South Korean firm signed a deal in August on the production and assembly of several models.
According to IKCO Press, two light-duty trucks HD78 and HD65 are assembled under the deal.
The two companies have a history of collaboration and IKD has produced several models of Hyundai trucks in the past. Their ties were cut when sanctions were imposed on Iran over its nuclear program.
The HD65 and HD78 are equipped with 140hp and 150hp Euro4 engines respectively, as well as diesel particulate filters.
DPF is a device designed to remove diesel particulate matter or soot from the exhaust gas of diesel engines. The company is yet to announce a price tag for the two trucks.
IKD CEO Alireza Saji, who was present at the launching ceremony, said, “Talks over expansion of ties are underway between IKD and Hyundai. We hope to produce/assemble buses, minibuses and other light-duty trucks in collaboration with Hyundai in Iran.”
According to Saji, technology transfer and localization top IKD’s agenda. “The share of Iran-made parts will be increased in locally manufactured Hyundai trucks over time,” he said, without elaborating further.
- Hyundai and IVECO Present the First Fuel Cell Large Van at IAA 2022-09-20
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration 2022-03-09
- Hyundai Reveals World’s First Hydrogen Fuel Cell Heavy-duty Truck at CIIE 2020-11-06
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030 2020-07-24
- Hyundai Wins 2020 Truck Innovation Award 2019-12-19
- Hyundai Showcases NEPTUNE Fuel Cell Truck Concept at CIIE 2019-11-14
- Hyundai Motor Company and Cummins to Collaborate on Hydrogen Fuel Cell Tech 2019-09-29
- Sichuan Hyundai Launches New Version of Mighty Light Truck 2019-08-19
- WABCO Signs Deal with Hyundai to Supply Advanced Techs for New Medium Trucks 2018-11-12
- Hyundai Motor Cuts Truck Production to Cope with Falling Korea's Demand 2018-11-01
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- World’s First All-electric Scania Car Transporter Goes into Service
- China’s First Mining Specialized Remote Sensing Satellite Launched
- SINOTRUK Delivers Full Year 2022 Results, Heavy Truck Sales Down 52.50%
- FOTON and Cummins Team up to Build a New Engine Plant in Thailand
- SANY Awarded as 2022 Forbes China TOP 50 Sustainable DEV Industrial Enterprises
- Daimler Trucks and Buses Signs Deal with XCMG Fire Fighting
- FAW Jiefang Sichuan Branch Was Officially Established
- Bus & Truck Expo Set to be Held in May 2023
- Yutong, SCG Signed MoU for Green Mining in Thailand
- CAT Displays Its First Battery Electric Large Mining Truck
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Half Year Review of Commercial Vehicle Sales
- China Exported 63,000 Trucks in May, Up 33% YoY
- Top 10 Best-selling Battery-swapping Heavy Trucks in China in April
- China Exported 158,000 Trucks in Q1, Up 41% YoY
- China’s Truck Exports Grew by 43.8% YoY to 46600 Units in Feb., 2023
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Rising 29% YOY to 77200 in Feb
- China Exports 567,000 Trucks in 2022, Hitting a New High in a Decade
- China’s Pickup Exports Jumped 65% YOY in 2022
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 42% YOY to 53,000 Units in November
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Fell by 9% YoY to 46000 Units in Nov.