Hyundai Motor Agrees New Truck Partnership with Sichuan Energy in China
South Korea’s top automaker Hyundai Motor Co. has changed its Chinese partner for commercial vehicle production to Sichuan Energy Industry Investment Group Co., an arm of the Sichuan provincial government, to expand footing in the world’s biggest electric bus and truck market.
Hyundai Motor signed a strategic partnership agreement with its new partner at its headquarters in Yangjae-dong, southern Seoul.
Sichuan Hyundai was established by Hyundai Motor with Chinese commercial vehicle maker Sichuan Nanjun Automobile Group.
Sichuan Energy Industry Investment Group will assume the 50 percent stake in Sichuan Hyundai from Sichuan Nanjun Automobile Group. The partnership covers R&D, production, sales, after-sale services, and logistics.
Hyundai Motor hopes to gain traction in the commercial vehicle front in China with new partnership in the world’s fastest growing electric vehicle market. The public energy company is engaged not only in energy infrastructure construction and energy projects in Sichuan Province but also battery, finance, and service-related businesses.
Sichuan Hyundai will develop five new commercial vehicle models by 2022 to expand its current lineup of six models of which three are under Hyundai Motor brand and three under Chido brand. It will release electric truck model next year.
Sichuan Hyundai will also export two trucks developed exclusively for the Chinese market - Changho (Xcient) and Shengtu (Mighty) - to other regions including Southeast Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.
An unnamed official from Hyundai Motor said that the company plans to enhance competitiveness of Sichuan Hyundai to become a leading commercial vehicle manufacturer in China and play key role in development projects promoted by the Chinese government in the country’s western region.
- Hyundai Reveals World’s First Hydrogen Fuel Cell Heavy-duty Truck at CIIE 2020-11-06
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030 2020-07-24
- Hyundai Wins 2020 Truck Innovation Award 2019-12-19
- Hyundai Showcases NEPTUNE Fuel Cell Truck Concept at CIIE 2019-11-14
- Hyundai Motor Company and Cummins to Collaborate on Hydrogen Fuel Cell Tech 2019-09-29
- Sichuan Hyundai Launches New Version of Mighty Light Truck 2019-08-19
- WABCO Signs Deal with Hyundai to Supply Advanced Techs for New Medium Trucks 2018-11-12
- Hyundai Motor Cuts Truck Production to Cope with Falling Korea's Demand 2018-11-01
- IAA 2018: Hyundai Signs MoU for Rolling out Fuel Cell Electric Trucks 2018-09-21
- Hyundai Put Self-driving Truck on South Korean Highway for Test Run 2018-08-23
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY