SANY and Pony.ai Form Joint Venture to Mass Produce Autonomous Trucks
On July 28, Pony.ai and SANY Heavy Truck (SANY), a subsidiary of SANY Heavy Industry, announced that they would set up a joint venture to develop, produce and sell L4-class autonomous heavy truck products, and that they would integrate Pony.ai’s "virtual driver" with Sany Heavy Truck's technical accumulation in the field of wire-controlled chassis and vehicle development to jointly create a world-leading autonomous truck brand.
The joint venture plans to start small-scale deliveries in 2022, with mass production beginning in 2024, and in a few years the annual production is expected to exceed 10,000 units. The first prototype of the autonomous truck built on SANY’s new EV truck platform has already started road testing. Pony.ai’s domain controller designed based on the NVIDIA DRIVE Orin system-on-chip will also fully enable the autonomous trucks produced by the joint venture.
"The cooperation between the two sides, which features complementary strengths and competitive advantages, will bring revolutionary changes to the logistics industry, significantly improve logistics efficiency and vehicle safety, and reduce logistics costs and drivers' labour intensity.” said Liang Linhe, Chairman of SANY Heavy Truck.
“Sany has industry-leading heavy truck manufacturing technology and has profoundly laid out new energy heavy trucks, intelligent network connection and other key areas, while Pony.ai has technological advantages in the field of autonomous driving and has begun practice in the field of intelligent logistics, the cooperation between the two sides will be the key to creating a successful intelligent truck and intelligent logistics ecology for L4 autonomous trucking.” said James Peng, Pony.ai’s co-founder and CEO.
Founded in 2016, Pony has been developing Robotaxi and Robotruck technology, with total mileage of autonomous driving tests and operations reaching 14 million kilometres.
In April, Pony.ai established a joint venture with Sinotrans, a subsidiary of China Merchants Group, to put L4-class autonomous trucks into the road transport service. In June, Pony.ai was qualified to demonstrate run logistics vehicles in Guangzhou. Pony.ai was granted the first permit to test autonomous trucks in Guangzhou back in December 2020.
Pony.ai has core autonomous driving technology, which is the key to enabling logistics and future heavy truck manufacturing. The logistics company has accumulated a wealth of transport experience and a customer base while heavy truck manufacturers have the technology and expertise to develop and manufacture vehicles. Only when the three complement each other can the "golden triangle" work efficiently. According to Pony.ai’s better vehicle control and route planning, autonomous truck is 10-20% more energy efficient than conventional trucks. In addition, with the gradual expansion of the joint venture's new energy products, the joint venture will reduce carbon dioxide emissions by more than one million tonnes per year by 2030, an amount equal to the carbon dioxide absorbed by tens of thousands mu forest each year.
- SANY Mining Equipment Was Chosen by CSN, a Large Mining Company in Brazil 2022-08-09
- China’s First Electric Construction Truck Was Granted EU WVTA Certification 2022-07-27
- SANY Launches Annual Service Campaign 2022 in Indonesia 2022-07-21
- SANY Launches Its iSEE2 Electric Dumper and Mixer 2022-07-07
- SANY Releases Its 2021 Annual Report 2022-05-27
- SANY Kept Driving Construction Machinery Towards Electrification 2022-04-27
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online 2022-03-29
- CATL Teams with Sany to Put Battery Swap-enabled Heavy Trucks into Service 2022-03-02
- SANY Inks Deal for Another 500 Electric Trucks 2021-11-30
- SANY Factory Certified as World’s First Lighthouse Factory in Heavy Machinery 2021-11-29
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- SANY and Pony.ai Form Joint Venture to Mass Produce Autonomous Trucks
- FULONGMA's Electric Garbage Truck Debuts at Indonesian PEVS
- SHACMAN Attends the 34th Mobil Delvac Truck Field Race in Colombia
- BYD Makes Its Debut on the Fortune Global 500 List for 2022
- Argentine Ambassador to China Niu Wangdao Paid a Visit to SHACMAN
- Hanma Tech to Stop Production of Traditional Fuel Vehicles by 2025
- First Hydrogen Fueled Heavy-duty Trucks Put into Service in Beijing, China
- Future-oriented Decision: MAN Builds Battery Factory in Nuremberg
- Yutong's New Energy Commercial Vehicle Base Project Kicks Off
- Scania China's Localized Fleet Management System S+ was Officially Launched
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Pickup Truck Sales Went Up 19% in June
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 29% YOY to 220,789 Units in H1, 2022
- Sales of New Energy Dump Trucks Jump 476% YoY in First Five Months
- Overall Sales of SACI MAXUS in the First Six Months Hit 81,000 Units
- JMC Saw 61.09% Increase in Exports in the first half of 2022
- Total Chinese Heavy-duty Truck Market for June 2022 Reached 53000 Units
- SAIC MAXUS Sold a Total of 12,557 Vehicles in May
- Sales of New Energy Dumpers Rise by 325.9% in April of 2022
- New Energy Truck Sales Rose by 528% YOY in January to April
- China's Truck Export Rose by 23% YOY to 36272 Units in January to April