Dongfeng Opens Its First Powertrain Plant in China
China’ truck manufacturer Dongfeng Commercial Vehicles Co Ltd. (DFCV) on May 11 announced that its first powertrain plant opened in China. The powertrain plant is merged into by the former engine plant and transmission plant. Based on a Profit Center Management, the new plant will mainly develop and manufacture engine and transmissions, under the brand Dongfeng.
The establishment of powertrain plant is a massive step for Dongfeng in the solid implementation of reform measures. In earlier 2018, Dongfeng has set up the Commission on Deepening the Reform and proposed to optimize factory business and merge subsidiaries, aiming at taking a lead in domestic CV market. Dongfeng has been making an effort in recent years to integrate old and new factories, optimize organizational structure, resource allocation and business processes so that they would be able to establish an efficient powertrain system to boost Dongfeng’s competitive capability.
The former engine and transmission plants have a history of 50 year and have contributed a lot to Dongfeng’s development. As more and more attention is being given to the powertrain as a whole, instead of just engine or transmission, the merging of two plants become a must. It is a great adjustment to the organization structure, as well as an inevitable choice of history establish powertrain plant.
The objective of the powertrain plant is to provide valuable back up to Dongfeng’s competition and become a core profit source under modern management framework and operational processes. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Dongfeng Secured Another Order for 40 Dongfeng KX from Best Express 2018-08-10
- Dongfeng Captain Built for City Delivery 2018-08-03
- 200 Units Dongfeng ZD30 Engines Delivered to Vietnam for Operation 2018-07-19
- Dongfeng Plans to Expand Vehicle Lineup for the Korean Market 2018-07-11
- 12 Most Valuable Commercial Vehicle Brands in China, 2018 2018-06-25
- Dongfeng Trucks Ready for Ghanaian market 2018-06-22
- Dongfeng Duolika Dewei Series Truck Made its Debut 2018-06-06
- 26 Units Dongfeng Trucks Soon to Start Operation in Tanzania 2018-05-23
- Dongfeng D9 Medium-sized Truck Makes its Debut in Chengdu 2018-05-22
- Dongfeng Truck Makes Entry into West Africa Market 2018-05-21
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November